Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you continue to wear a mask after the 19th?

Mask after the 19th?

• Yes, particularly in enclosed public places.

Votes: 270 58.8%
  • Nope, I'm ditching it.

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Depends on the situation.

Votes: 158 34.4%

• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Yes in indoor crowded places and on public transport.
The big test will be in the local pub, I’ve really missed just being to able to prop the bar up, no point if wearing a mask.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Netherlands stopped restrictions 2 weeks ago and infection rates are 10 fold. Restrictions are back on. The young need to vaccinate down to age 12 imo.

Sorry, no.

They don’t need to be.

There should be the option for certain kids (u18) to be vaccinated, but they don’t need to be.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The Netherlands stopped restrictions 2 weeks ago and infection rates are 10 fold. Restrictions are back on. The young need to vaccinate down to age 12 imo.

I would physically fight anyone who tried to vaccinate my 12 year old lad. I’ve had both jabs = my choice. No one knows the real long term effects from this vaccination so there is no way I’m taking the risk. If that means holidaying in the UK and not being let into places like the Amex until he’s 18 and can decide for himself then so be it.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I would physically fight anyone who tried to vaccinate my 12 year old lad. I’ve had both jabs = my choice. No one knows the real long term effects from this vaccination so there is no way I’m taking the risk. If that means holidaying in the UK and not being let into places like the Amex until he’s 18 and can decide for himself then so be it.

Surely it's his choice, rather than yours?

Personally, I'm going to continue wearing a mask on transport, in shops, etc. I have had both jabs, but I will be wearing a mask.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes - on public transport, shops and other public places (like hospitals) where I think others like the elderly or vulnerable will be concerned if I don’t. Once infection rates are below 30 per 100,000 in Brighton, I might change my mind (infection rates are around 450 per 100,000 now).

I don’t think I’ll bother in hospitality unless they ask. It’ll be interesting to see what measure will be in place at the Amex.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No. No actual real world evidence masks do anything.

It stuns me so many just buy that masks do anything, we’ve had 3 lockdowns, we have 40000 cases per day

Yet parts of the US have made masks optional and are seeing far, far lower rates. There’s no real world data, ie countries that have mandates and don’t really don’t differ that much, or in many cases masked states in the US seem to have higher rates.

People have been brainwashed into believing that wearing a fabric cotton mask actually does anything, lets be honest most of us wear a mask to work in the morning and then home again at night and many wear the same one for days stuffing it back in our pockets before it’s washed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not for me.

The vulnerable and elderly are covered so time to crack on

Unfortunately we have a choice soon and you can do as you please but you either just don't get it or you don't want to get it.
Or is it all a conspiracy or media hype or would you like to have a word with a few people that I know who have had 2 jabs but are in hospital with Long Covid that has given 1 of them heart problems that he did not have until he tested positive, the others are in a poor way.
Its only a mask, it doesn't hurt.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No. No actual real world evidence masks do anything.

It stuns me so many just buy that masks do anything, we’ve had 3 lockdowns, we have 40000 cases per day

Yet parts of the US have made masks optional and are seeing far, far lower rates. There’s no real world data, ie countries that have mandates and don’t really don’t differ that much, or in many cases masked states in the US seem to have higher rates.

People have been brainwashed into believing that wearing a fabric cotton mask actually does anything, lets be honest most of us wear a mask to work in the morning and then home again at night and many wear the same one for days stuffing it back in our pockets before it’s washed.

:facepalm:

Here we go again, it's never ending!!!

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Depends on the situation
R.jpeg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Out of interest, did he have the MMR?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:facepalm:

Here we go again, it's never ending!!!

Yes here we go again, with the virtue signallers using their masks to hoist themselves up on their high horse.

If I’m wrong show me the real world evidence that masks do anything, show me countries that mandate masks having wildly different outcomes to countries with similar rules/no masks. What the hell was the point of a vaccine if everyone still has to wear masks to protect other people? This is literally never ending, we can’t wear masks for the rest of human history, it doesn’t matter what the level of infection is, as soon as restrictions are removed, cases are going to sky rocket, everyone knew that, the point is the vaccine protects the people who are at risk of dying.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have any of the supermarkets indicated what they are doing about masks next week? Asda and Tesco at least don't appear to updated their policies yet (unless I missed it on their websites).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes here we go again, with the virtue signallers using their masks to hoist themselves up on their high horse.

If I’m wrong show me the real world evidence that masks do anything, show me countries that mandate masks having wildly different outcomes to countries with similar rules/no masks. What the hell was the point of a vaccine if everyone still has to wear masks to protect other people? This is literally never ending, we can’t wear masks for the rest of human history, it doesn’t matter what the level of infection is, as soon as restrictions are removed, cases are going to sky rocket, everyone knew that, the point is the vaccine protects the people who are at risk of dying.

But it is still pretty much an unknown virus that keeps reinventing itself unlike other viruses that have been around for years and vaccines that can altered and improved to fight varients.
Covid is in its infancy and many still have had no jabs around the world.
We need to get the vaccine into most of the world before we can accept it and live with it like flu.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not for me.

The vulnerable and elderly are covered so time to crack on

There's always going to be some who take the "I'm alright jack" narrow view.

It isnt just about the vulnerable and elderly being vaccinated, there will be some younger people who will die and mask are proven to slow transmission.

I'm not an epedemiologist, but from what I've read these new variants occur over time as the virus jumps from person to person and occasionally a slight genetic change happens that gives the virus another advantage against vaccines. Stands to reason, the least transmission possible, the less chance or longer time frame between newer varients emerging.

When you look at the economy, its f***ed, the furlough scheme, whilst neccessary is expensive, whole sectors are hugely impacted, if the virus was to morph into somethin that could evade the vaccines, our citizens will be locked out of every country on earth, we will be in full lockdown again, borrowing even more on the never never. Thats not scaremongering, its statistical fact, higher tranmission, high chances of new varients....... our infections per 100k is already miles worse than anyone else in europe and the dutch example should be heeded.

Why risk everything? We do need to unlock the economy, get people in work and back to the Amex etc and that is still 98% more freedoms than we had and would have again under a full lockdown, i just dont get the need to role th dice on everything on something that has failed in Holland and is against the professional oppinion of so many leading medical and scientific figures.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I shall wear a mask for work going dory regardless of wether the customers choose to wear one or not and I’m still waiting to hear what my company’s policy will be post 7/19, currently all customers have to wear masks as well as me !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I shall wear a mask for work going dory regardless of wether the customers choose to wear one or not and I’m still waiting to hear what my company’s policy will be post 7/19, currently all customers have to wear masks as well as me !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking at your boat race… it should be for a lifetime [emoji6][emoji8]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here