Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you continue to wear a mask after the 19th?

Mask after the 19th?

• Yes, particularly in enclosed public places.

Votes: 270 58.8%
  • Nope, I'm ditching it.

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Depends on the situation.

Votes: 158 34.4%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There have been a number of positive Covid tests at my kids' secondary school. One unfortunate kid is in her 4th period of isolation. I also know that there will be numerous gatherings at the end of term, so I expect more infections up to and including 23rd July, meaning that the window for re-infection extends to 2nd August.

It is for these reasons that I will continue to wear a mask. I run a business on a high street too, so our policy will be to recommend clients to wear a mask when entering the building. I will review my position c. 3rd August.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
100% yes in certain situations, the thought of standing in a packed carriage with people coughing and spluttering without a mask now seems quite a disgusting proposition.

I suppose the question is do we trust the vaccine or not and the percentage of positive cases to those hospitalised.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I’ll wear one until the current Johnsonvariant has passed. And I’m double jabbed.

i wonder if they call it the Johnson variant abroad, or the Rutte/Sánchez/Costa variant?

If I was on public transport, absolutely. If I go into a shop and they ask if I would mind, sure I will wear one. I will make sure I have one with me when I am out and about and if the situation requires then yes I will. At work we have been told they are going to be at your own discretion, so I guess if I am in a lift or in a busy reception area I will wear one then. It is all going to be about using your own discretion and how comfortable you feel at any given time/place.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I feel so sorry for teenagers and people in their 20's, but wait to see what happens when they open nightclubs up again, I think it is mental to do so.
I realise the argument over this but health must come first, especially when infection rates are soaring amongst the younger unjabbed.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I put depends on the situation. On public transport, yes; in shops, also yes. Other places use my judgement. I'll be going to the Frank Turner gig next Wednesday at the Concorde and I'll probably wear it there too. I'm glad the restrictions are being lifted, but initially I shall be mindful of others and the current situation. I've got used to having a mask in my back pocket and I do not anticipate ditching it anytime soon.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I haven't read the whole thread yet as I do not wish to be influenced by others posts, my take on it is somewhat different to other people as my wife suffers from a weak chest and has lung issues (COPD) as well as other numerous health issues which identified her as clinically very vulnerable and subsequently had to self isolate for much of these past eighteen months, knowing the risks to her health I started wearing masks in shops, and deliberately stayed away from any risky situations from February 2020 and though we are both fully vaccinated will continue as much as possible to carry on in the same vein, ( shops at the quietist times, avoiding all inside meeting with others, only meeting family in outside situations. As stated these are our decisions and others can do exactly as they like. We just will not take any undue risks. Equally the advantage to her and us is that risks of other respiratory illnesses are lessened with the face masks and vitamin supplements also are reported to help. No brainer for us, so will definitely continue as we are.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I haven't read the whole thread yet as I do not wish to be influenced by others posts, my take on it is somewhat different to other people as my wife suffers from a weak chest and has lung issues (COPD) as well as other numerous health issues which identified her as clinically very vulnerable and subsequently had to self isolate for much of these past eighteen months, knowing the risks to her health I started wearing masks in shops, and deliberately stayed away from any risky situations from February 2020 and though we are both fully vaccinated will continue as much as possible to carry on in the same vein, ( shops at the quietist times, avoiding all inside meeting with others, only meeting family in outside situations. As stated these are our decisions and others can do exactly as they like. We just will not take any undue risks. Equally the advantage to her and us is that risks of other respiratory illnesses are lessened with the face masks and vitamin supplements also are reported to help. No brainer for us, so will definitely continue as we are.

Fully understandable and I don't think anyone can blame you and I do worry that not enough people realise masks aren't only for their own protection, they're for the protection of the elderly relative of the shop worker or the seriously ill partner of the guy next to you in the supermarket. Yes being vaccinated reduces risk but it doesn't cut it out completely.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Lots of places I frequent have suggested they will still request masks to be worn when moving through their venue, so yes no problem following that. Public transport yes, but will admit 1h30m on the train into London is a struggle.

Perspective. Nobody wants to wear one, but we are still in a pandemic where some are unvaccinated.

Less than a year ago we were not allowed out of our houses except food shop or exercise...... Now we can do most things as normal (from 19th) except have to wear a mask in public places to protect our fellow citizens.....don't see the problem tbh

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Perspective. Nobody wants to wear one, but we are still in a pandemic where some are unvaccinated.

Less than a year ago we were not allowed out of our houses except food shop or exercise...... Now we can do most things as normal (from 19th) except have to wear a mask in public places to protect our fellow citizens.....don't see the problem tbh

spot on

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
The Netherlands stopped restrictions 2 weeks ago and infection rates are 10 fold. Restrictions are back on. The young need to vaccinate down to age 12 imo.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I learnt this from the opticians a few weeks back, and I wish I'd learnt it 18 months ago. But for all the other glasses wearers, if you take a glasses cloth and fold it over a few times so its about an inch wide, and then place it at the top edge of your mask (it works best with masks that have a wire at the top), it fills the gaps and stops your breath steaming up your glasses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here