• No

Votes: 74 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
You've said that twice in this thread now, losing 7 in a row. It's not true. Can't you do the minimum of checks?

Sorry Steve, the run I meant actually happened slightly later and was only 6 defeats in a row, silly me;

Sat Mar 5 Champ Stoke City Away Lost 0-2
Sat Mar 12 Champ Plymouth Argyle Away Lost 1-5
Tue Mar 15 Champ Wigan Athletic Home Lost 2-4
Mon Mar 21 Champ Reading Home Lost 0-1
Sat Apr 2 Champ Coventry City Away Lost 1-2
Tue Apr 5 Champ Preston North End Away Lost 0-3

Uncle Buck said:
Sorry Steve, the run I meant actually happened slightly later and was only 6 defeats in a row, silly me;

Sat Mar 5 Champ Stoke City Away Lost 0-2
Sat Mar 12 Champ Plymouth Argyle Away Lost 1-5
Tue Mar 15 Champ Wigan Athletic Home Lost 2-4
Mon Mar 21 Champ Reading Home Lost 0-1
Sat Apr 2 Champ Coventry City Away Lost 1-2
Tue Apr 5 Champ Preston North End Away Lost 0-3

And then we went 5 unbeaten and became the first Albion team to stay in the second tier since 1990. You must have been devastated.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
to pick out a losing run in the season McGhee kept us in the championship is frankly absurd.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
And then we went 5 unbeaten and became the first Albion team to stay in the second tier since 1990. You must have been devastated.

5 game unbeaten run that consisted of one win;

Sat Apr 9 Champ Leicester City Home Drew 1-1
Sat Apr 16 Champ Burnley Away Drew 1-1
Sat Apr 23 Champ West Ham United Home Drew 2-2
Sat Apr 30 Champ Rotherham United Away Won 1-0
Sun May 8 Champ Ipswich Town Home Drew 1-1

The fact is after Millwall at home (got mixed up and thought it was Leeds away) we should have been more or less home and dry, but we only won one more game that season and that nearly put us down.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" and that nearly put us down. "

But it didn't did it :nono: :shootself

After hounding McGhee out and then with the new manager 4 defeats in a row, 3 points off the relegation zone and the lowest ever crowd for a Saturday at Withdean, I thought you might have kept a low profile for a while Piers.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
" and that nearly put us down. "

But it didn't did it :nono: :shootself

After hounding McGhee out and then with the new manager 4 defeats in a row, 3 points off the relegation zone and the lowest ever crowd for a Saturday at Withdean, I thought you might have kept a low profile for a while Piers.

I know it did not put us down, what I said is to me the rot was setting in during the tail end of that season.

I am honoured that you think I hounded McGhee out and the lowest crowd is my fault. You either need to find reality or get yourself sectioned as you seem to be a danger to yourself....

Uncle Spielberg said:
to pick out a losing run in the season McGhee kept us in the championship is frankly absurd.

Yep, but it just shows the state that some fans whipped themselves up into. Yes, what a disgrace it was that we were losing to the likes of Reading, Wigan and Preston. Far worse than to the likes of Yeovil and Carlisle innit.

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
In my opinion, it has more to do with Knight giving him sufficient funds than his own efforts.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Yep, but it just shows the state that some fans whipped themselves up into. Yes, what a disgrace it was that we were losing to the likes of Reading, Wigan and Preston. Far worse than to the likes of Yeovil and Carlisle innit.

Twist things as much as you want. We should have been safe in March and it took us until May to stay up, which to me suggest things were starting to go wrong. In your world it will be something different, but the end of the day McGhee has gone and in the long run that will be for the good of this club.

One down, 2 to go....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
the end of the day McGhee has gone and in the long run that will be for the good of this club.
Just a shame we procrastinated, otherwise we might not be in as much of a mess now.

Uncle Buck said:
Twist things as much as you want. We should have been safe in March and it took us until May to stay up, which to me suggest things were starting to go wrong. In your world it will be something different, but the end of the day McGhee has gone and in the long run that will be for the good of this club.

One down, 2 to go....
Your problem is that you worry about losing to Reading and Wigan and are perfectly calm about losing to Yeovil and Chesterfield :shootself

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I found 6 in a row last season

4/02/06 0-2 Coventry away
11/02/06 1-2 Leics at home
14/02/06 0-3 Norwich away
18/02/06 0-1 Watford home
25/02/06 1-2 Crewe away
4/03/06 0 -1 Plymouth away

Before that we beat leeds. But before that we lost to Cov in the cup, Soton away, Millwall at home, and Luton away.

So thats one win in oooh 10?

Silent Bob said:
Just a shame we procrastinated, otherwise we might not be in as much of a mess now.

What happened to Joe Royle then? You told me he was available.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I found 6 in a row last season

4/02/06 0-2 Coventry away
11/02/06 1-2 Leics at home
14/02/06 0-3 Norwich away
18/02/06 0-1 Watford home
25/02/06 1-2 Crewe away
4/03/06 0 -1 Plymouth away

Before that we beat leeds. But before that we lost to Cov in the cup, Soton away, Millwall at home, and Luton away.

So thats one win in oooh 10?

I would not bother, I think a cult has formed and McGhee can still do no wrong...

Uncle Buck said:
I am concerned that we are losing games, however I can see the mess that Wilkins has got to contend with due to McGhee stripping this squad down the nearly nothing.

You'll still be going on about the tragedy of losing to Reading and Wigan when we're losing to Macclesfield and Boston :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here