• No

Votes: 74 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Spielberg said:
You got your own way Piers and MM has been sacked and now we are looking at 4 defeats in a row , a man who has only managed 15 year old boys
That's the problem though, due to the previous managers incompetence (although not fully to blame) we are now having to use those 15 year old kids as our senior pros...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
McGhee had become a disaster area, end of.
Although some of you had decided on that a long time before it actually was a disaster. Not unlike what Garth is doing now, in fact.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
Although some of you had decided on that a long time before it actually was a disaster. Not unlike what Garth is doing now, in fact.

I know I was never a fan of him. However to me the rot was setting in during that run in early 2005 where we lost 7 on the spin, especially as during that time we only needed about 7 points to stay up. Also by this point he had done a good 18 months in the job, not 4 weeks.

Last edited:

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
to put this in perspective, please look at the teams we've played in the last 4 games Ok so Southend aren't exactly settiing the world on fire but we lost through errors late in a game. Both Yoevil and Carlisle are up there and Chesterfield (who I admit were poor onSat) arn't exactly struggling. The performance wasn't great but they only had 2 chances and unfortunately for us knew how to put the ball in the back of the net. Getting on the backs of everyone and moaning at everything is going to do jack to help the team out. The team need to work on having a leader on the pitch and concentrating for the full 90 minutes. I still have every faith and belief that results will very soon turn round and we'll be back around the play-off area

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seagullible said:
to put this in perspective, please look at the teams we've played in the last 4 games Ok so Southend aren't exactly settiing the world on fire but we lost through errors late in a game. Both Yoevil and Carlisle are up there and Chesterfield (who I admit were poor onSat) arn't exactly struggling. The performance wasn't great but they only had 2 chances and unfortunately for us knew how to put the ball in the back of the net. Getting on the backs of everyone and moaning at everything is going to do jack to help the team out. The team need to work on having a leader on the pitch and concentrating for the full 90 minutes. I still have every faith and belief that results will very soon turn round and we'll be back around the play-off area

talking to a reporter from Chesterfield in the press box, he reconed our performance in the first half was the worst he had seen any team in div 1 this year. he was saying, you need craft and clog to get out of this division - basically what Notts Forest have.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It seems incredibly clear to me that all we need is a period of gentle calm. Once the players picked know what they are supposed to do and find a day of successful surety, it should all be fine and unthreatening. The McGhee time was about constant doubt and lost questions in amongst the illed relations. So, all we need to do is know what Wilkins wants, which seems to have been clear in his youth management, and take it from there. The players will get better once they are asked to train with skill on top of long-ball battle.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Dave the Gaffer said:
you need craft and clog to get out of this division - basically what Notts Forest have.

We're not trying to get out of it, just stay in it !!

I think the loss of Reid was a serious blow to the team, as he was just starting to settle into Midfield where we have been weak for some time.

If we can get Oatway & Hinsh back soon and/or a couple of experienced loans we will be mid table.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Trigger said:
That's the problem though, due to the previous managers incompetence (although not fully to blame) we are now having to use those 15 year old kids as our senior pros...

I’m sat at work at the moment and all the Villa fans here are slagging off David O’Leary. Quite right too, a new manager comes in takes an underperforming team and turns them into a team after his own image with European ambitions. He has signed one player and I don’t see him blaming O’Leary for the position he has been left in.

Wilkins has the cards he has been dealt and I wish him luck. What I won’t accept is that if we are piss poor for the rest of the year that this is somehow McGhee’s fault. Wilkins is in charge and its up to him to get the best out of what players we have and to pressurise the board to sign more if we are deficient.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
There's only one sure way of avoiding relegation and it is relatively inexpensive.
US - get down the bookies and get £50 on us going down. Problem solved.
:drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think we'll be relegated with Wilkins in charge. He'll be sacked before that.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Uncle Spielberg said:
Saturday was the worst home performance ( except Stoke ) since Hinshelwood's capitulation against Grimsby 4 years ago. If we play like that WE WILL GO DOWN. Infact we will end up bottom. Can Wilkins turn it around ?. I thought for the 1st team this season, fecking hell we really are utter shite aren't we. There was nothing there.

Will we be playing in division 4 next season ?. Simple question.

What a little ray of sunshine you are.

We'll be fine, Wilkins is the man.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Will we get relegated with Wilkins ?.

Gritt23 said:
What a little ray of sunshine you are.

Spot on. :clap: :clap: :clap:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Trigger said:

No, the problem is that because 2 or 3 of those 15 year old kids have gone on to net the club 6 figure sums and above, the club has misguidlingly decided to invest in youth and little anywhere else.

Uncle Buck said:
I know I was never a fan of him. However to me the rot was setting in during that run in early 2005 where we lost 7 on the spin, especially as during that time we only needed about 7 points to stay up. Also by this point he had done a good 18 months in the job, not 4 weeks.

You've said that twice in this thread now, losing 7 in a row. It's not true. Can't you do the minimum of checks?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
You've said that twice in this thread now, losing 7 in a row. It's not true. Can't you do the minimum of checks?
Oh for fucks sake - if he'd said 7 defeats in 9 games, how would it have made his point any different?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

the man for what exactly, mowing my front lawn ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here