Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is an interesting bit in the BBC report "If a judge agrees to force the sale of the ground then an independent valuation will be made."

BBC Sport - Portsmouths High Court hearing adjourned a second time

So if it's valued at say £5.5m ( roughly in the middle of both parties valuations ) can PST afford to take over ?

I imagine an estate agent would describe it as a small dwelling in an up-and-coming area, in need some modernisation, with good transport links.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
LOL, yeah forgot about the 'bell ringer', ok i feel sorry for some of there fans.

Said it before: their fans still have a club, so they're better off than many. They've been relegated to League One, so they're better off than the fans of 24 clubs currently in League Two. They've been to two cup finals in recent years, which makes them instantly better off than every single Albion fan alive, and than fans of most clubs other than the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man United and so on. They've spent time in the Premier League, which makes them better off than at least half the clubs in the Football League. They've remained in their own stadium, and not had to ground share seventy miles away, which makes them better....etc etc.

All that's really happened to them is that they've been forced to endure a couple of relegations, been in administration several times, and seen their team turn to shit. Well if that's the worst that's ever going to happen to Pompey fans, then they're a lucky, lucky bunch. I wonder if fans of Chester, Luton, Newport County, Macclesfield, Boston United, Rushden & Diamonds etc feel sorry for their "plight".

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
1 Phillip Smith (G) 13 Simon Eastwood (G) 16 Gabor Gyepes (D) 18 Johannes Ertl (D) 22 Adam Webster (D) 30 Jack Whatmaugh (D) 33 Ricardo Rocha (D) 34 Dan Butler (D) 38 Alex Grant (D) 40 Ashley Michael Westwood (D) 6 Liam Walker (M) 19 Darel Russell (M) 26 Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (M) 32 Bradley Tarduck (M) 35 Jed Wallace (M) 39 Andy Higgins (M) 8 James Keene (F) 9 David Connolly (F) 14 Paul Benson (F) 21 Ashley Harris (F) 31 Jack Maloney (F)

Updated sqaud list but not sure how many of them are still there, Connolly, Mendez Laing and Benson on loans

Benson loan finishes this week and Dicanio won't let him stay

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I wonder what the squad list in their programmes looks like now ? That would be worth a glance

They still have a cracking youth team set up, maybe they are ready to stand up and be counted!
NickWhylie3-785191.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1 Phillip Smith (G) 13 Simon Eastwood (G) 16 Gabor Gyepes (D) 18 Johannes Ertl (D) 22 Adam Webster (D) 30 Jack Whatmaugh (D) 33 Ricardo Rocha (D) 34 Dan Butler (D) 38 Alex Grant (D) 40 Ashley Michael Westwood (D) 6 Liam Walker (M) 19 Darel Russell (M) 26 Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (M) 32 Bradley Tarduck (M) 35 Jed Wallace (M) 39 Andy Higgins (M) 8 James Keene (F) 9 David Connolly (F) 14 Paul Benson (F) 21 Ashley Harris (F) 31 Jack Maloney (F)

Updated sqaud list but not sure how many of them are still there, Connolly, Mendez Laing and Benson on loans

Benson loan finishes this week and Dicanio won't let him stay

Ashley Westwood has gone to Blackburn to join Appleton's staff.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
The club keep giving six players leave League One Portsmouth following the expiration of their contracts.

Mustapha Dumbuya, Jon Harley, Brian Howard, Lubomir Michalik, Luke Rodgers and Lee Williamson have all departed.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
The sheer joy a lot of you are getting from this really is pathetic. I suspect JCLs because Brighton fans who know their history know the feeling as a fan of their club being ripped away from them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The sheer joy a lot of you are getting from this really is pathetic. I suspect JCLs because Brighton fans who know their history know the feeling as a fan of their club being ripped away from them.
You suspect wrongly then.

It's just lovely to see a local rival being taken down several pegs for blatant financial cheating. Just be thankful your cheating shower (twice) didn't go the same way.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
You suspect wrongly then.

It's just lovely to see a local rival being taken down several pegs for blatant financial cheating. Just be thankful your cheating shower (twice) didn't go the same way.

Losing 8 million a year says you are living beyond your means. Careful on how you throw around the cheat word. 20p in the £ is what you paid in a similar situation.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Most of what you say on here is moronic and i find it a tad disconcerting that I 100% agree with you. I just dont get why any football fans would enjoy the demise of any club regardless of their history, managment, fans and location. I for one feel sorry for all portsmouth fans - its terrible.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Losing 8 million a year says you are living beyond your means. Careful on how you throw around the cheat word. 20p in the £ is what you paid in a similar situation.

Errrr ..... no it wasn't ..... we've always paid our creditors in full ( even in the dark days ). Unlike Pompey who screwed over charities and the taxpayer.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Errrr ..... no it wasn't ..... we've always paid our creditors in full ( even in the dark days ). Unlike Pompey who screwed over charities and the taxpayer.

I suggest you check with the like of El_P on that. People that actually know the facts :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I suggest you check with the like of El_P on that. People that actually know the facts :)

No need as it's been stated many times before that we paid in full. We sold players and even the ground to manage this ( unlike Pompey who continued to sign new players on stupid wages rather than take any financial responsibility and selling players ).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

20p in the pound? Please show the evidence to back up this libellous allegation, hopefully you'll be banned when you can't.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here