Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Tomorrow - finally (though somehow probably not) Portsmouth have their day in court.

With great anticipation I hereby bounce this historic thread which, apart from a spell of palace trolling, contains much salient information presented in chronological order by the good folks of NSC.

For those not following, they are well over £60 million in debt, not including the £12m a chizzeling git is claiming for his charge on fratton park. Despite the winding up petition being over a year ago they still spent a good 6 months thinking they should pay stupid wages and everything would be ok, but now the cold grip of reality has started to squeeze and the only good news for Pompey supporters is that going to a match as a Full Kit Wanker could well result in getting a game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I assume that they will get another stay of execution

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The penalty for administration should really be to be booted into League 2 and start there with -20 points. 2 more relegations and a spell in the Blue Square would seem just.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
They do seem very good at stalling for time. The FA claim they cannot start a second season in administration, which means they would be removed from the league (any league) at the end of June, when they would definitely be wound up having no ground, no players and no league membership.

I say definitely but that suggests a rational world.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I think tomorrows court visit is, unbelievably, just to sort out another date in February or March when a valuation will be put on Fratton Park.

This has still a number of weeks to run but I must say that results have hardly picked up recently, last night was their 15th match since a win!

I also see that they have tried no less than 47 different players this season as most are on monthly contracts and come and go with alarming regularity. As this might be a tadge difficult in getting the team to 'gel' it looks like division 2, at the very least, beckons. With 10 points still to come off this would leave them on 11. The magic number to avoid relegation is normally 50 so they will need 39 points from 18 games left, more than 2 a game which is more than promotion form. :eek:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
and the only good news for Pompey supporters is that going to a match as a Full Kit Wanker could well result in getting a game.

Genius :lolol:

How long do you think before John Westwood gets a go at left back?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Genius :lolol:

How long do you think before John Westwood gets a go at left back?

You know full well John is a cultured 'false 9' and would be best utilised by the current squad in the trequartista role.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A slow painful death, it's the best thing for Pompey.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You know full well John is a cultured 'false 9' and would be best utilised by the current squad in the trequartista role.

Sort of an Iniesta or Xavi, you're thinking?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Unbelievably they are trying to sign Todorov who is presently playing in Ukraine before the transfer deadline ends tomorrow night.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think tomorrows court visit is, unbelievably, just to sort out another date in February or March when a valuation will be put on Fratton Park.

Given they've been in administration since mid-Feb 2012 they're not allowed to continue trading past mid-Feb 2013 unless the administrator can convince a court that to company is close to being saved - I'd suggest they are nowhere near being saved and now only have two weeks left before waving goodbye.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Given they've been in administration since mid-Feb 2012 they're not allowed to continue trading past mid-Feb 2013 unless the administrator can convince a court that to company is close to being saved - I'd suggest they are nowhere near being saved and now only have two weeks left before waving goodbye.

Had an extension granted for being in administration yesterday apparently by the court but no details about how long have emerged

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Had an extension granted for being in administration yesterday apparently by the court but no details about how long have emerged

What is the betting it is until the end of the season ? If they survive long enough they will be able to come out of administration once they know they cannot avoid relegation and take the 10 points deduction before being kicked out of the FL.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't like Pompey, but I still fail to see what the fans could have done about this, so I empathise with them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Really ? That's disappointing ! I'm still hanging my hopes on the ground being valued higher than the trust can afford.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think he lacks the required mobility to be a full back.

Stick him in goal, with his stench the opposing attackers will not go near him.

Oh I don't know, I can think of a few footballers who might compare to Westwood in terms of their svelteness.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Maybe if the fans had woken up a bit sooner to what has "apparently" been going they might have been able to do something and might also have gained a bit more support from other supporters. Even today they're still blaming the FA!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe if the fans had woken up a bit sooner to what has "apparently" been going they might have been able to do something
I don't see how. They have a foreign owner who wants nothing other than to take every penny out of the club that he can. Marches and demonstrations won't change that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here