Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do they only have 5 weeks left before the administrators put the club into liquidation for failing to exit administration in the 12 month time frame ?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I hope they don't fold however the fans who are based in West Sussex are welcome to see the light and join us at the Amex :ffsparr:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They've released another six players today. Also, I've just observed with some amusement, that there is a possibility that they may not receive the ten point deduction for failing to exit administration this season. Which sounds a bit annoying (how can you drag out an entire season without anything changing) but then again, there is a pretty decent chance that they will get relegated this season anyway, without even having points taken off, and it seems quite fair to let them achieve this through their own on-field incompetence, rather than on a technicality.

Which then brings about the added bonus that they could then start the following season, in League Two, minus ten points, and well on the way to achieving non-league status within four years of being in the Premier League. Splendid :D

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I always get a TINGE of excitement when I see this thread getting bumped, it's always amusing to see the continuing downfall of Carcrash FC.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The Court Case about the ownership of Fratton Park which should have been heard today has been postponed (again) to January 31st. This means that there would be just over two weeks before they have to come out of Administration or be Wound Up. That is unless they can make a case for the Administration to be extended.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Court Case about the ownership of Fratton Park which should have been heard today has been postponed (again) to January 31st. This means that there would be just over two weeks before they have to come out of Administration or be Wound Up. That is unless they can make a case for the Administration to be extended.

Oh, as usual, there is no chance of them being wound up, it's just another hurdle on the road to writing all their debts off as usual.

Still. We do have the very decent hope of relegation for them, with or without any points being deducted.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ooops. Double post.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
They've released another six players today. Also, I've just observed with some amusement, that there is a possibility that they may not receive the ten point deduction for failing to exit administration this season. Which sounds a bit annoying (how can you drag out an entire season without anything changing) but then again, there is a pretty decent chance that they will get relegated this season anyway, without even having points taken off, and it seems quite fair to let them achieve this through their own on-field incompetence, rather than on a technicality.

Which then brings about the added bonus that they could then start the following season, in League Two, minus ten points, and well on the way to achieving non-league status within four years of being in the Premier League. Splendid :D

Seems the 6 released were all those on any kind of decent wage, Williamson, Howard etc

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just lost another 6 players leaving them with a squad of 13, when will they realise the game is up ?

I think it's time to put them out of their misery and allow a pheonix club to take their place (Geographically, not in the League).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It really is time, this slow lingering death does nobody any favours

don't get me wrong - I do take pleasure in watching, but sometimes too much of a good thing can be bad for you :)

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Am i the only one who is not enjoying this? feel sorry for the fans.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It really is time, this slow lingering death does nobody any favours

Though on the up side, for those of us who've endured years of their success, or at the very least the Albion's games being relegated to a mere afterthought on the regional news programmes while the decision to switch to a new brand of oven cleaner at Fratton Park warranted a five minute article on a Monday evening, the chance to watch their slow, lingering slide towards on-pitch obscurity is something of a large bonus.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Though on the up side, for those of us who've endured years of their success, or at the very least the Albion's games being relegated to a mere afterthought on the regional news programmes while the decision to switch to a new brand of oven cleaner at Fratton Park warranted a five minute article on a Monday evening, the chance to watch their slow, lingering slide towards on-pitch obscurity is something of a large bonus.

I wonder what the squad list in their programmes looks like now ? That would be worth a glance

Am i the only one who is not enjoying this? feel sorry for the fans.

Nope, sorry just can't do it.

John-Westwood-001.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here