Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't wait to see their clueless fans celebrating the "miracle" of their survival on the local news tonight (and it is on my "local" news because as I live in Burgess Hill of COURSE I get the news from Portsmouth) :angry:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Good news for Pompey fans, I suppose. Surely given they fact Fratton Park will now be a white elephant for them it would have been better to be a Phoenix Club. How many casual football fans will go to League 1 games when Premiership matches are just up the road? Yes it is their arch rivals, but an arm chair football fan (not club fan) won't be watching League 1 in Hampshire this year.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So let me get this straight. Portsmouth City Council have lent Portsmouth Supporters Trust £1.5m. Chanrai will still get the club when they leave administration as he supposedly is owed £18m. The parachute payments are £11.7m, quoted somewhere further back in this thread. So, even if Chanrai takes the parachute money he is still owed £6.3m, then there is still whatever is owed to other creditors after that. How are Portsmouth Supporters Trust going to pay off the rest of the debt with whatever they have raised, plus £1.5m? They will be bust again in 6 months, guaranteed.

PST really need to look at what they are doing, if they try and take over PFC in its current form they are basically throwing away tax payers money. This £1.5m should be invested in a phoenix club, they need to start again as their historic debts and club ethos is now beyond repair.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So let me get this straight. Portsmouth City Council have lent Portsmouth Supporters Trust £1.5m. Chanrai will still get the club when they leave administration as he supposedly is owed £18m. The parachute payments are £11.7m, quoted somewhere further back in this thread. So, even if Chanrai takes the parachute money he is still owed £6.3m, then there is still whatever is owed to other creditors after that. How are Portsmouth Supporters Trust going to pay off the rest of the debt with whatever they have raised, plus £1.5m? They will be bust again in 6 months, guaranteed.

PST really need to look at what they are doing, if they try and take over PFC in its current form they are basically throwing away tax payers money. This £1.5m should be invested in a phoenix club, they need to start again as their historic debts and club ethos is now beyond repair.

Good questions indeed. I just do not see how PST have enough money to successfully run the club. Also given that tax-payers have already been ripped off, how can they possibly justify throwing even more public money at this shambles of a club. Is the council money to go on players wages or things like community schemes or staff. Surely any use of it to fund players is indefensible?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't get my head round WHO it is that is acting as 'PFC', lining up all these new players, on £5k+ per week.

If nobody knows who is going to be owning / running the club, surely there is no defined budget / wage structure in place?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't get my head round WHO it is that is acting as 'PFC', lining up all these new players, on £5k+ per week.

If nobody knows who is going to be owning / running the club, surely there is no defined budget / wage structure in place?

Since when did Lower League Pompey worry about things like that?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I think if BHA were PFC, I'd have turned my back on them by now out of utter shame.

Id of fcuking done something after the first administration, unlike a lot of Pompey "fans" after the SECOND. Ill give it a year until they are back in administration myself.

Not sure Council Tax payers in Pompey will be happy with stumping up £1.5 Million for a club that is losing money either.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think if BHA were PFC, I'd have turned my back on them by now out of utter shame.

I am so, so bored of the never ending saga.

Every week, another impending doom pronouncement from the administrator, when we all know that, as usual, they will cheat their way out of it and continue in the manner they always have done since the dawn of time.

Just sod off and sort it out, we all know a "miracle" is around the corner (the sort of miracle that involves robbing countless individuals and organisations and walking away scot free), so let's just get on with it and spare the rest of us the tedium.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't understand it all.

The first thing for Portsmouth fans/council is to make sure the primary use of land is always as a sporting venue. Then try to buy the club outright (offering Chanrai 20 pence in the pound, for example). If he doesn't accept, liquidate the club, and then try and buy the ground.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

I'd like to think that we would have started our own club by now in this situation.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Id of fcuking done something after the first administration, unlike a lot of Pompey "fans" after the SECOND. Ill give it a year until they are back in administration myself.

Not sure Council Tax payers in Pompey will be happy with stumping up £1.5 Million for a club that is losing money either.

Third, they are serial administrators.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't understand it all.

The first thing for Portsmouth fans/council is to make sure the primary use of land is always as a sporting venue. Then try to buy the club outright (offering Chanrai 20 pence in the pound, for example). If he doesn't accept, liquidate the club, and then try and buy the ground.

Chanrai doesn't own the stadium though - Gaydamark does.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Chanrai doesn't own the stadium though - Gaydamark does.

I thought chainrai (via Portpin) owns the stadium etc and Gaydamark owns pockets of land around Fratton Park (i.e. the car park). I stand to be corrected on this assumption though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought chainrai (via Portpin) owns the stadium etc and Gaydamark owns pockets of land around Fratton Park (i.e. the car park). I stand to be corrected on this assumption though.

Its all got so confusing, that I'm no longer sure. I'm certain though, that the 'club' does not own the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here