Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Chainrai cannot take up the PST offer to grab the Council's £1.45M as well. The PST offer is to buy out Chainrai for £2.75M but is dependent on the Council being guaranteed repayment from the parachute payment when PST take full control. I cannot see Chainrai doing a deal if his parachute payment is diverted elsewhere.

But the administrator is actively promoting a "partnership" ???
Danger signals!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But the administrator is actively promoting a "partnership" ???
Danger signals!
From the local rag :
We will now aim to finalise our discussions with Portpin with a view to completing the sale of the club as soon as possible.

‘The intention is to push this through early next week in order to ensure that player recruitment can begin as quickly as possible for the start of the new season.

‘The offer from the Pompey Supporters’ Trust remains a fall-back position and we are pleased to note that the Council has agreed to provide a loan facility to support the Trust bid.’

PST seem to be dropping off Birch's radar screen. The same will happen when Portpin take over and PST are kicked into touch.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
From the local rag :
We will now aim to finalise our discussions with Portpin with a view to completing the sale of the club as soon as possible.

‘The intention is to push this through early next week in order to ensure that player recruitment can begin as quickly as possible for the start of the new season.

‘The offer from the Pompey Supporters’ Trust remains a fall-back position and we are pleased to note that the Council has agreed to provide a loan facility to support the Trust bid.’

PST seem to be dropping off Birch's radar screen. The same will happen when Portpin take over and PST are kicked into touch.
##

and a bit further down the same page "If Portpin does complete we still see a very important role for the trust. They could get together with Portpin and work on a joint-deal or the potential transition to the trust in due course."

Bye bye £1.4m of council taxpayers money

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Sorry I must be missing something here. Wasn't Chainrai the guy who run it in to the ground before? If so how have the FA come to the decision that he is a fit and proper person to run a club?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Am I right in assuming the other 23 clubs in League One have no say in the matter?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Sorry I must be missing something here. Wasn't Chainrai the guy who run it in to the ground before? If so how have the FA come to the decision that he is a fit and proper person to run a club?

Funny handshake brigade

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I don't understand how they got the cva through. If I was owed money I would have foregone my 2p in the pound (which lets face it they will never see) in order to see PFC get their overdue comeuppance.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Read the #Pompey page on Twitter yesterday and a lot are talking about getting quality new players in and going straight back up

Maybe in League 2 - with a totally new playing squad they wouldnt go up, especially with a 10 point deduction. When they end up in League 2 their local derby may even be Woking !!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chanrai doesn't own the stadium though - Gaydamark does.
I told you I didn't understand it. I should have remembered that, but it's all smoke and mirrors with Pompey. Are Gaydamark and Chanrai pals, or would they be better off ignoring Chanrai, letting the club go bust (encouraging players not to take the cuts offered) and trying to buy the ground off Gaydamark?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Forgetting Fans United - Portsmouth are due to play Plymouth in the COC on Tuesday but at the moment don't have an owner and don't have any senior players - just youth teamers.
They "hope" to conclude a deal for Chanrai to resume ownership early next week until which time they have no budget to sign anyone.

There is presumably an option to postpone Tuesday's match. Given their own experiences Plymouth would surely agree and I honestly can't see the League opposing it. The deadline for signing players eligible for Tuesday is presumably 5pm on Monday (if permanent) and midday Tuesday for loans (maximum 5 can play). Meeting the first deadline is surely impossible already and as triallists cannot play a competitive match in the English league set up as far as I know (I think they can in Scotland but probably only if they are either Celtic or Rangers) that means 6 kids plus 5 loanees and another bunch of kids on the bench. And even that assumes that the League would authorise loans. Given that the club might be out of business next week they might be more than justified in refusing to sanction them.

The other key question now coming in to play is at what point will further sanctions/points deductions kick in for starting the season without a CVA in place (and it cannot take effect until either Chanrai or the ST takes control)? To play next Saturday they will have to register players by 5pm on Friday - just 5 working days!
Not looking overly promising but "interesting" as they are already too late to register for any professional leagues for the 2012/13 season.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Yet another twist in this sorry saga from our 'friends', (I use the term loosly), down the coast.

Apparently the so called saviour Chainrai has now threatened to pack it in because the Administrator wants his fee, (a cool 1.8 million for 6 months not very productive work), and says the Administrator won't budge.

Looks like it might have to be the Portsmouth Trust then, although I don't think they could raise that sort of cash to pay the administrator either.

So it look like a youth team on Tuesday, another points deduction on top of the 10 if they don't exit administration by next Saturday, and gawd knows what sort of team they will have as well.

Portsmouth, the mess that keeps getting worse. ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lets see when the new PFC are up and running if the local businesses etc give them any credit, more fool them if they do
You could have posted that several years ago. Sadly other clubs and HMRC don't get the choice to provide credit or not.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Yet another twist in this sorry saga from our 'friends', (I use the term loosly), down the coast.

Apparently the so called saviour Chainrai has now threatened to pack it in because the Administrator wants his fee, (a cool 1.8 million for 6 months not very productive work), and says the Administrator won't budge.

Looks like it might have to be the Portsmouth Trust then, although I don't think they could raise that sort of cash to pay the administrator either.

So it look like a youth team on Tuesday, another points deduction on top of the 10 if they don't exit administration by next Saturday, and gawd knows what sort of team they will have as well.

Not being funny, and I think the fees administrators charge are huge, but does Chainrai expect the administrator to just work for free?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Forgetting Fans United - Portsmouth are due to play Plymouth in the COC on Tuesday but at the moment don't have an owner and don't have any senior players - just youth teamers.
They "hope" to conclude a deal for Chanrai to resume ownership early next week until which time they have no budget to sign anyone.

There is presumably an option to postpone Tuesday's match. Given their own experiences Plymouth would surely agree and I honestly can't see the League opposing it. The deadline for signing players eligible for Tuesday is presumably 5pm on Monday (if permanent) and midday Tuesday for loans (maximum 5 can play). Meeting the first deadline is surely impossible already and as triallists cannot play a competitive match in the English league set up as far as I know (I think they can in Scotland but probably only if they are either Celtic or Rangers) that means 6 kids plus 5 loanees and another bunch of kids on the bench. And even that assumes that the League would authorise loans. Given that the club might be out of business next week they might be more than justified in refusing to sanction them.

The other key question now coming in to play is at what point will further sanctions/points deductions kick in for starting the season without a CVA in place (and it cannot take effect until either Chanrai or the ST takes control)? To play next Saturday they will have to register players by 5pm on Friday - just 5 working days!
Not looking overly promising but "interesting" as they are already too late to register for any professional leagues for the 2012/13 season.

Could yet end in tears if they don't have a team to field next week

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Posted by a Pompey fan - Don't who'll be playing, possibly a bunch of 5 year olds. :nono:

Reply from a Saints fan -

It should be your 18's and under 21's development squad, like any other club in financial difficulties and a CVA to pay would do.

What do Pompey do? Sell/release as many youngsters as they can and claim they don't have enough senior players so "please can we sign some more". They seem to think they should be treated differently to every other club in financial problems. If anything the Football League have let them off lightly by only giving them -10 points this season for diluting a failed CVA with a new CVA. Rotherham and Bournemouth received -17 points for not agreeing a CVA to exit admin, what Pompey have done is effectively the same thing (if not worse).

Manager Michael Appleton is a deluded fool when he says he should be allowed to sign a competitive team that can fight for promotion this season. Yet, he is hero worshipped for such nonsense.

Herbie 53

Jul 27, 2007
I assume that Birch would have thought about the registration of players and already has offers on the table that can be put through at a moments notice once the club is taken over. That must be why Birch set the 10th August deadline with this in mind. I hope I'm wrong of course!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The best case scenario is for the takeover to stall long enough , Pompey have enough youngsters to field a side in the cup on Tuesday and the first League game next Saturday. If Chainrai pulls out of the takeover he still has to agree to PST buying him out for £2.75M but then he will lose out on the parachute payment. If PST become the only bidders and the takeover takes place after the season has started the CVA hasn't been exited in time which could mean another 10 or 17 points deduction to be slapped on by the FL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here