Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Unbelievably Portsmouth City Council have voted unanimously to loan PST £1.5M.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Even so that depends on the odious Channrai accepting the offer of a couple of million instead of the £14 odd million he is hoping to snaffle from the parachute payments.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Even so that depends on the odious Channrai accepting the offer of a couple of million instead of the £14 odd million he is hoping to snaffle from the parachute payments.

He doesn't need to accept £2.75M from PST when he can buy back Pompey for £1 , rent the ground to PST and cop the £14M parachute payment.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Unbelievably Portsmouth City Council have voted unanimously to loan PST £1.5M.

Bet the council tax payers will be thrilled when they get their £30,000 back from that loan.

I loathe everything to do with Chrystal Payless but I f***ing hate Portsmouth FC. They should have been kicked out of the league. 2p in the pound is disgraceful, especially as they're already handing out massive contracts before they even knew their fate.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bet the council tax payers will be thrilled when they get their £30,000 back from that loan.

Only £1.50 if they go back into administration :lol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
So basically you can run up £150m in debt pay less than a £1m back to those you owe and rip up the contracts of the players and get out of paying them!

Then get the local council to lend you money even thow £50m of debt was owed to the public purse.

This is just disgusting it flies in the face of what clubs are trying to do and business who have failed in the recession must wonder what the hell it's all about.

They are a vile club and city is vile. I hate them more than Palace

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
So basically you can run up £150m in debt pay less than a £1m back to those you owe and rip up the contracts of the players and get out of paying them!

Then get the local council to lend you money even thow £50m of debt was owed to the public purse.

This is just disgusting it flies in the face of what clubs are trying to do and business who have failed in the recession must wonder what the hell it's all about.

Agree with all of this - but I bet the Pompey fans will ignore these insignificant details, turn a blind eye and just be happy their Club has been saved (yet again). If their fans have got any minerals they will cry foul.

They are a vile club and city is vile. I hate them more than Palace

I agree with all of this - but given their track record so far I bet the majority of Pompey fans will ignore these insignificant details (again) and just be happy that their Club has been bailed out (again) using someone else's money. If their fans have got any minerals they will cry foul - but I won't hold my breath.

Mind you there are still loads of questions as to how they go forward from here so I don't think the saga is over just yet.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree with all of this - but given their track record so far I bet the majority of Pompey fans will ignore these insignificant details (again) and just be happy that their Club has been bailed out (again) using someone else's money. If their fans have got any minerals they will cry foul - but I won't hold my breath.

Mind you there are still loads of questions as to how they go forward from here so I don't think the saga is over just yet.

Minerals? What do you mean, 'minerals'? :p

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He doesn't need to accept £2.75M from PST when he can buy back Pompey for £1 , rent the ground to PST and cop the £14M parachute payment.

The final parachute payment due to Pompey is £11.7M

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The final parachute payment due to Pompey is £11.7M

Which should go directly to HMRC, pretty much like the payment we had to make all those years ago before the taxman wound us up. I get threatened by the bastards for a few grand yet owing millions is apparently fine. Cvnts, the pair of them.

The money is not being lent to the football club, it's being lent to the supporters trust.

The parachute payments should be taken away from them. They have lived way beyond their means for years and now they are being given a massive financial advantage over L1 clubs who will now have to spend beyond their means to try and compete with PFC. This could lead to loads of clubs finding themselves in financial shit without the benefit of parachute payments

All League 1 and League 2 clubs have signed up to Football League Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP), this limits these clubs spending too much money on players as a percentage of their turnover.

The Football League | About Us | FAQs | FL Explained | FL Explained | Financial Fair Play in The Football League

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
All League 1 and League 2 clubs have signed up to Football League Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP), this limits these clubs spending too much money on players as a percentage of their turnover.

The Football League | About Us | FAQs | FL Explained | FL Explained | Financial Fair Play in The Football League

But we are talking about Portsmouth now-they'll find ways to over spend and the FA and FL will fall over themselves to make sure they are still allowed to operate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here