Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sad but almost certainly true. Pompey set up for another season of disgrace after shafting creditors and filling their footballing boots with OUR money.

I guess they feel that each time they clear the debt, it's worth once again putting everything on red, purely because last time it came up black. After all, they can't keep failing can they? They ARE a Premier League club, they DESERVE to be up there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why aren't the parachute payments going to their creditors-including HMRC? How can the football authorities give that club all of that money to continue whilst racking up more debts and ruining businesses. As a tax payer I want the parachute payments given directly to HMRC-not to Chanrai. There is no way PFC is a fit and proper business and it should be put down before it is allowed to ruin more lives.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Liam Lawrence will sign a £5k per week plus bonuses contract today.
Brian Howard and Izale McLeod will be earning only slightly less but according to a family member of one of the players there are add-ons "more appropriate to a bigger club". Why am I not surprised in the least.

Another admin by this time next year :nono:

I'm clinging to the hope that if somehow the PST group manage to take over, then they might adopt a more sustainable approach. I really can't see them getting control though - their entire bid seems totally unrealistic.

I saw this morning they've asked Portsmouth City Council for a 1.5 million quid loan to support the bid.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I saw this morning they've asked Portsmouth City Council for a 1.5 million quid loan to support the bid.

It`s fecking criminal what is happening down there ,the club should not get a penny of the parachute payments creditors and the tax man should be paid off .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brian Howard and Izale McLeod will be earning only slightly less but according to a family member of one of the players there are add-ons "more appropriate to a bigger club". Why am I not surprised in the least.

And people wonder why there's so little sympathy for PFC?

I bet the fans are campaigning for prudence and realistic salaries to ensure this doesn't happen again... no?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As long as there is a parachute payment to collect they will survive...for a while

The parachute payments should be taken away from them. They have lived way beyond their means for years and now they are being given a massive financial advantage over L1 clubs who will now have to spend beyond their means to try and compete with PFC. This could lead to loads of clubs finding themselves in financial shit without the benefit of parachute payments

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

They will not learn untill they are liquidated.

They will not learn untill they are liquidated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The parachute payments should be taken away from them. They have lived way beyond their means for years and now they are being given a massive financial advantage over L1 clubs who will now have to spend beyond their means to try and compete with PFC. This could lead to loads of clubs finding themselves in financial shit without the benefit of parachute payments

This is the last one isn't it? Surviving next time will be considerably harder because of it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gillett signed for Forest yesterday (O'Driscoll connection made that always a goer).

Lawrence is still being lined up by Cardiff. It's amazing that, even with the (despicable) football creditors rule, Pompey have still, yet again, managed to screw their way out of it. The one group of people we thought they were actually going to be forced to pay and they get out of doing that too. Including players they signed AFTER going into administration.

They are utterly despicable. Has a club ever got off so lightly after- repeatedly- shafting so many people? If they were any other type of business they'd be legally prevented from trading ever again, surely.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is it right that Ken Brown is to be appointed as their CEO?

Left Brighton after failing to control expenditure? No comment :lol:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Gillett signed for Forest yesterday (O'Driscoll connection made that always a goer).

Lawrence is still being lined up by Cardiff. It's amazing that, even with the (despicable) football creditors rule, Pompey have still, yet again, managed to screw their way out of it. The one group of people we thought they were actually going to be forced to pay and they get out of doing that too. Including players they signed AFTER going into administration.

They are utterly despicable. Has a club ever got off so lightly after- repeatedly- shafting so many people? If they were any other type of business they'd be legally prevented from trading ever again, surely.

It gives clubs a license to use and abuse the system and to not really care about paying for anything. It has been years since they paid more than 2per cent to anyone. The penalties are no discouragement to clubs behaving in such a manner, why should anyone in football honour any bill/contract.

I suggest we start by not paying Azure their services :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here