• No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tough morning for Pob.

[tweet]1265218066117545984[/tweet]

That is hilarious and sums up the whole situation. For a minute there, they both found the absolute absurdity of trying to defend these lies, too much to even keep a straight face. First bit of honesty from a Minister in the last week (even if it was only seconds) :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As poor a show it is by Cummings, and the ridiculous attempts to defend it, many have decided to simply move on.

I have other things to focus my attention and ire on. :shrug:

Did [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] write that line for you in his handover this morning :lolol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
For the first time in 30 years as a registered voter, I have felt the need to contact my elected representative directly as I am concerned about her silence on this matter - especially as she worked in the transport department in the past. I await her reply with interest.

All joking aside, the vox pops yesterday showed how many people are now ignoring lockdown advice based on this hypocrisy. However stupid this makes them, it is putting us all at risk and can't be allowed to continue.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why not?

Expressing an opinion, just like everyone else.

Not difficult.

I have other things to focus my attention and ire on. :shrug:

Like it or not Cummings is at the top of government and it clearly integral to the running of number 10 and he is caught in a web of deceit. Do you want somebody who kept all of this hidden, including in articles written by his wife, from the country whilst they all followed the message, that he helped formulate, to Stay at Home?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The press now need to be raising the question of accountability.

Should a civil servant have made the decision to break lockdown rules and not inform their line manager, they would have been fired;
Should an MP have done it, they would be answerable at the ballot box and there is mechanism for their constituency to recall them and force a by election;
Should a spad do it, they should be answerable to their elected bosses. Johnson's conference last night took no responsibility for dealing with the actions of someone who is supposed to be working for him, directing any questions back to Cummings;

Not good enough. He needs to say why he has not asked the questions himself. He needs to clarify who Cummings is answerable to, and if it is him alone, who he was answerable to when Johnson was in hospital. If he doesn't have answers to these questions, we have to conclude that we are being governed by someone who was not elected, is not accountable to anyone and has no mechanism for his removal.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
reminds me of when a team wants the manager of its rivals to stay on because they are awful. Starmer must be hoping he stays as this has plenty of mileage.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For the first time in 30 years as a registered voter, I have felt the need to contact my elected representative directly as I am concerned about her silence on this matter .

I've done the same.

Cummings knows he has not broken the law as he helped draft it. What the government is guilty of is inferring that the law was stay indoors, protect lives, save the NHS when the reality was the legislation was different.

Friends who work for emergency services have said that one of the reasons why driving was discouraged was to reduce the number of vehicles on the road. This in turn reduces the number of road traffic accidents, allowing the NHS to concentrate more on Covid-19 that RTA victims. By driving 260 miles twice, once with, by his own admission, concerns about his eyesight, Cummings was putting front line services at risk, and his contempt for them is appalling.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Like it or not Cummings is at the top of government and it clearly integral to the running of number 10 and he is caught in a web of deceit. Do you want somebody who kept all of this hidden, including in articles written by his wife, from the country whilst they all followed the message, that he helped formulate, to Stay at Home?

I think we all know what happened. Poor, poor show.

I just feel, for myself personally, ranting on about it for the next five weeks and getting stressed about it won't help in the grand scheme of things.

It's down to the individual. I can't change anything, my life shall go on (hopefully) as before and there is still honey for tea.

Life is too short, imho.

I can see some will feel better continuing it, but I don't. My choice.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Okay, just the one last bite, especially for you as you don't get so much of my attention.

It might not be coffee that you are SMELLING.

Exactly WHERE did he EXPOSE his parents?

He did NOT enter the house. He stayed at a SAFE distance and SELF ISOLATED with his family in a separate house.

Simple mistake to make if 1) you're a sheep 2) or you get a hard-on spewing hatred against people. 3) or you follow twitter 4) or you follow the far left hyenas on here.

I just hope you're not in all four categories.

Bye bye cumming thread.:bigwave:

no come back. do you actually believe him after the lies he has told?

in answer to your questions

1 No,
2 No ,
3 Yes/maybe. First time I looked at twitter (got an account) was last night to see what the BBC ace reporter LauraK was saying so now officially a twitter user but not follower but I couldn't make head nor tail of it so won't be rushing back. But an HONEST answer
4) No As I said I dislike the far left as much as I do the far right but my biggest dislike is for lying smug bast*rds

why do you believe him ?
1) you are his mate
2) you want to be his mate
3) you are a mug

you are definitely 1 of the 3

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we all know what happened. Poor, poor show.

I just feel, for myself personally, ranting on about it for the next five weeks and getting stressed about it won't help in the grand scheme of things.

It's down to the individual. I can't change anything, my life shall go on (hopefully) as before and there is still honey for tea.

Life is too short, imho.

I can see some will feel better continuing it, but I don't. My choice.
You are right.

This incident is a sideshow, really.

Yes, he should go.

But, no he won't go.

Best each of us focus on what we can control as individuals.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've done the same.

Cummings knows he has not broken the law as he helped draft it. What the government is guilty of is inferring that the law was stay indoors, protect lives, save the NHS when the reality was the legislation was different.

Friends who work for emergency services have said that one of the reasons why driving was discouraged was to reduce the number of vehicles on the road. This in turn reduces the number of road traffic accidents, allowing the NHS to concentrate more on Covid-19 that RTA victims. By driving 260 miles twice, once with, by his own admission, concerns about his eyesight, Cummings was putting front line services at risk, and his contempt for them is appalling.

It was never legislation in the first place, these were government guidelines. Cummings, Johnson, Gove, et al are of course hiding this when they say that he'd done nothing illegal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here