Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm fully aware that these are only dramas but many years ago I really enjoyed these.

A little insight on what goes on behind the scenes, which I felt must have SOME element of truth/past experience to scenes.

The 'advisors' or whatever you want to call them are continually looking to twist and turn situations. If ever you get to enjoy them, they are wonderfully done and tense at times, and ring many bells with what goes on right now I should imagine.

81QM6jipsHL._AC_SY445_.jpg s-l400.jpg

Nothing seems to be a surprise anymore.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
You tell them Darren:-

[tweet]1246906700130594816[/tweet]

Quite the weasel is dimwit Darren. He's accusing the press of being monsters today, due to his old boss getting the treatment. Darren has a curious backhistory. Went from being a dropout fashion student and P/T aide to former LibDem MP Norman Lamb, to full time activist for Vote Leave. He was implicated in the Vote Leave overspend scandal where 42k nested in his 'BeLeave' account before moving on elsewhere after the laundry had dried. Grimes was fined 20k for his role, but appealed and won. The judge in summing up, (paraphrased) said he believed Grimes was too immature to understand and fill in the forms correctly. Vote Leave never appealed their fine. He's now a shill for a Tufton Street 'think tank.' Occasionally turns up on BBC & Sky talking nonsense on behalf of his paymasters. Why the channels continue to have these sock puppets with agenda on as 'experts' is beyond me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyway, schools back soon. Shouldn’t you be packing your crayons into your satchel?

Wow, it's the sheer originality of your attempted insults which is unbelievable.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why the channels continue to have these sock puppets with agenda on as 'experts' is beyond me.

"Balance". In the same way they always had to have Nigel Lawson on to debate climate science with actual climate scientists because they couldn't find anyone else.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Playing devil's advocate, Cummings is saying that he didn't break the rules and this wasn't a pleasure trip, unlike Dr Calderwood's excursion.

He might be lying and just fancied a trip out, but it's slightly different and Grimes isn't a hypocrite if he genuinely believes it. He might be other things, but not a hypocrite. :p

Playing “normal person”, that’s obviously ****ing bullshit, and 95% of people seem to know that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I'm fully aware that these are only dramas but many years ago I really enjoyed these.

A little insight on what goes on behind the scenes, which I felt must have SOME element of truth/past experience to scenes.

The 'advisors' or whatever you want to call them are continually looking to twist and turn situations. If ever you get to enjoy them, they are wonderfully done and tense at times, and ring many bells with what goes on right now I should imagine.

View attachment 124121 View attachment 124122

Nothing seems to be a surprise anymore.

I thought you had better things to concentrate on beyond this thread. Yet, since that comment you've been commenting on here more than ever

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I thought you had better things to concentrate on beyond this thread. Yet, since that comment you've been commenting on here more than ever

Nowt wrong with your eyesight, great post. :thumbsup:

I felt my original message was not really about not posting, more about not getting all stressy and worked up about it.

A more pragmatic approach might be better for the health.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
For the first time in 30 years as a registered voter, I have felt the need to contact my elected representative directly as I am concerned about her silence on this matter - especially as she worked in the transport department in the past. I await her reply with interest.

All joking aside, the vox pops yesterday showed how many people are now ignoring lockdown advice based on this hypocrisy. However stupid this makes them, it is putting us all at risk and can't be allowed to continue.

I'll be emailing mine later, particularly as visiting my constituency and having a BBQ on the beach is going to be a lot more appealing and happen more often as the lock-down guidelines are ignored now due to Cummings condoned hypocrisy.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
For all the good it will do, I have just written to Maria Caulfield.

As someone who voted against the improved pay deal for NHS workers at the behest of her bosses (despite being a former nurse and being in favour of the improved deal herself), she's not likely to rock the boat on this one either.

It did, however, feel a little bit cathartic to put my thoughts down in writing and send them to someone who (in theory) can help do something about it.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For all the good it will do, I have just written to Maria Caulfield.

As someone who voted against the improved pay deal for NHS workers at the behest of her bosses (despite being a former nurse and being in favour of the improved deal herself), she's not likely to rock the boat on this one either.

It did, however, feel a little bit cathartic to put my thoughts down in writing and send them to someone who (in theory) can help do something about it.

It may seem futile - it may even be futile - but all MPs are sensitive about keeping their jobs, so even if your MP is as useless as a dog turd, she will still notice - and have to think about it - if she gets a lot of correspondence flooding in to her office. These things do get reported back, through the whips and other channels. Boris may never see your letter, but you can bet your bottom dollar he'll know if his MPs are getting hundreds of complaints.

So, don't think "For whatever good it would do" - look on it more like one more nail in the coffin. Whether they'll be enough nails, who knows, but ..............................

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ah, the tolerant, silent majority:

[tweet]1264971867523354635[/tweet]
That John Inge fellow used to teach Chemistry at Lancing College. A good bloke as it happens.

Not sure if he'd left or not by Tony's time there, perhaps a year or 2 before.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
our local MP is the slimiest tory twunt ever, even he's come out and said Cummings should be goings.

I can only assume he was on acid this weekend as his voting record is the worst in the land.

Tim Loughton?

Odious man, but, he did answer my email, and did agree Cummings should go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here