Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Okay, just the one last bite, especially for you as you don't get so much of my attention.

It might not be coffee that you are SMELLING.

Exactly WHERE did he EXPOSE his parents?

He did NOT enter the house. He stayed at a SAFE distance and SELF ISOLATED with his family in a separate house.

Simple mistake to make if 1) you're a sheep 2) or you get a hard-on spewing hatred against people. 3) or you follow twitter 4) or you follow the far left hyenas on here.

I just hope you're not in all four categories.

Bye bye cumming thread.:bigwave:

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], I hope you have included me in your ‘far left hyenas’ grouping.

I would consider it an honour.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Douglas Ross wasn't a cabinet minister - he was an under secretary of state.

While I don't recall anyone resigning as a minister and leaving the party at the same time, Rory Stewart resigned as a cabinet minister end of July last year and left the Conservative Party just ten weeks later.

Not quite the same thing but Shaun Woodward was sacked as a shadow minister in 1999 and subsequently resigned the Tory whip and joined Labour.

I knew he wasn't in cabinet, I was more making that point that nobody resigns from their post and the whip at the same time and that Cummings has plenty of enemies in cabinet itself and that others will be considering their positions at the very least. Tiny majority for Ross as well in his constituency which with disgruntled constituents will be a factor here too.

I'd forgotten about Shaun Woodward. He then got a plumb, safe seat as a reward from Labour and entered cabinet himself later on.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
...and give up his salary and expense allowance ?

By resigning as a member of the government he will have taken a significant hit to his salary I think?

There's a very big difference between being a member of parliament and a member of the government. Especially when that government is so clearly under the thumb of a particular 'advisor'.

If anyone is really interested I can highly recommend Chris Mullin's book 'A view from the foothills' which explains how much more powerful he felt he was when chairing an influential cross party parliamentary committee compared to being a junior Minister. Eye opening.

That said, this resignation will make little difference I fear.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep oneself - Albert Einstein

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
IMG_0510.JPG
ColdWar Steve gets it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
By resigning as a member of the government he will have taken a significant hit to his salary I think?

There's a very big difference between being a member of parliament and a member of the government. Especially when that government is so clearly under the thumb of a particular 'advisor'.

If anyone is really interested I can highly recommend Chris Mullin's book 'A view from the foothills' which explains how much more powerful he felt he was when chairing an influential cross party parliamentary committee compared to being a junior Minister. Eye opening.

That said, this resignation will make little difference I fear.

Think under-sec commands an additional 25k pa or thereabouts........so he'll lose that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Okay, just the one last bite, especially for you as you don't get so much of my attention.

It might not be coffee that you are SMELLING.

Exactly WHERE did he EXPOSE his parents?

He did NOT enter the house. He stayed at a SAFE distance and SELF ISOLATED with his family in a separate house.

Simple mistake to make if 1) you're a sheep 2) or you get a hard-on spewing hatred against people. 3) or you follow twitter 4) or you follow the far left hyenas on here.

I just hope you're not in all four categories.

Bye bye cumming thread.:bigwave:

A wonderfully [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION]esque exit :bigwave:

In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep oneself - Albert Einstein

Blimey that was quick.

I've never seen a thread on NSC that has required a number of job share village idiots on shift before :lolol:

Last edited:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Should he go: Yes,

Will he go: No.
Boris will protect his chum at all cost. I'm surprised he wasn't under the table at the news conference yesterday noshing him off.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Resigned as a minister but staying on as a Conservative MP? Why doesn’t he go the whole hog if he feels that strongly about it?

He is still representing his constituents, just not as a junior minister in an administration that in his view has prioritised an unelected advisor over the integrity of lockdown.

Still a Tory, possibly even still Johnson's Tory, just not Cumming's Tory.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
You can’t abstract Cummings as just a bloke taking his kid and family somewhere. This is someone with great power at the heart of government making rules and decisions that effect us all. That is the context. We obeyed and trusted the government for the most part, gave up our freedoms at great cost for many people. The issue isn’t what Cummings did, it is the actions of someone in authority, in power, holding responsibility.

At last someone has been able to articulate a reasonable and compelling reason to get upset about this instead of misquoting/misinterpreting the law, focusing on his actions and making huge unsubstantiated assumptions based on something they read in the paper. I said before I don't really care what he did because he would probably be able to claim it was reasonable and were the actions of a protective father and husband and that many of us may have done in the same circumstances. Bold Seagull you are absolutely correct in pointing out what this is really about. I was hacked off yesterday with many posters focussing on hatred and vitriol and their opposing political opinions rather than address the real issue. I haven't changed my opinion on many of those things but totally agree on the crux of this part of the argument.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I'm a big fan of political diaries - I have a shelf-full of them - but the Mullins' ones (there's a follow-up, Decline and Fall) are very good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here