Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ah the old 'why post if you don't care' comment, classic. I don't particularly care about his actions when you consider all the other twats doing far worse things on a daily basis and then clapping for the NHS on a Thursday night. Its a thread about opinions and I'm giving mine same as everyone else.

Almost as classic as the they’re all corrupt one.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ah the old 'why post if you don't care' comment, classic. I don't particularly care about his actions when you consider all the other twats doing far worse things on a daily basis and then clapping for the NHS on a Thursday night. Its a thread about opinions and I'm giving mine same as everyone else.

You care.... you care very much. For you it is all politics, for the rest of us it’s about an absolute bellend who is doesn’t believe the rules apply to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The pictures of people outside his family home hurling abuse and hoard of press swarming around him are quite despicable, some people really are cockroaches. I don’t care whether you think what he did was acceptable or disgraceful this is just not right.

A number of those hurling abuse are doing so from inside their own homes. Like all politicians he courts the media when it suites him but when the shoe is on the other foot......

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm reading this at the moment:

9780241381359.jpg

It's mostly focused on Trump in America, but has some excellent parallels to here as well. The chapter I'm currently on talks about when tolerance for the opposition and willingness to follow unwritten conventions decrease, and forbearance disappears. It's usually a symptom of when a society has become particular polarised. I'm seeing a lot of it here. There's no logical link between supporting Brexit and defending Dominic Cummings' position, and yet it's the same people vociferously doing both. Likewise, any PM in history would (in my opinion) have dismissed Cummings, guilty or not - as it is as much to do with his position being untenable rather than the specifics of his actions. However Johnson backs him, throwing out convention, all due to this highly charged, polarised culture war we seem to find ourselves in.

And I'm more than willing to accept that the "left/remain" side has been equally as unwilling to compromise in the last few years.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What is, my post or his actions? If its my post explain why its badly misjudged? That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. I really don't care if this man travelled to Durham to ensure his kids were looked after. If it can be proven that he went just for a jolly then he can be treated like anyone else. Politics in this country are a joke in any case, regardless of party they are all corrupt and in it for themselves and if they spent more time trying to fix the country rather than slagging each other off and scoring political points we might be in a better position.

so, what, exactly, are you defending?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The pictures of people outside his family home hurling abuse and hoard of press swarming around him are quite despicable, some people really are cockroaches. I don’t care whether you think what he did was acceptable or disgraceful this is just not right.

Agree, this is out of order...

Mind you, if he did the honourable thing they would go away pretty sharpish!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A number of those hurling abuse are doing so from inside their own homes. Like all politicians he courts the media when it suites him but when the shoe is on the other foot......

Total bollocks, being a politician shouldn’t make you an open target to literally hundreds of press swarming together outside your home, during a pandemic I might add and having people abusing you on your own front doorstep if you just fancy going to the shop it’s the lowest of the low. Plenty of people ‘court the press’ doesn’t mean that you’re immune to human feelings.

It’s deplorable.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
You care.... you care very much. For you it is all politics, for the rest of us it’s about an absolute bellend who is doesn’t believe the rules apply to him.

An absolute bellend the press and media will have you believe the rules don't apply to him. The fact he is involved in politics IS the story not his actions so of course its about politics. And cut the crap about what I may care or not care about, you don't know me and I don't know you so don't assume you know what makes me tick.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

This is the feeling of hate they helped build in the UK with the lies and use of the media.

They can’t complain about it now.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Like I said, if he breached it then treat him the same as anyone else however if he travelled in a car presumably from one house to another and then self isolated for 14 days then no I really don't have an issue with that.

Point 1 he breached the rules as soon as he got into the car. There is no if.
Stay Home was the clue there, unless you missed it.

Treat him like every body else?
OK ..
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/06/wednesday-morning-news-briefing-top-scientific-adviser-quits/

Presumably from one house to another?
With a sick wife and a 4 year old (potentially autistic) in the car? How many stops would he have made along the way?

Again, the politically motivated argument is only coming from one angle, on this one..

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Point 1 he breached the rules as soon as he got into the car. There is no if.
Stay Home was the clue there, unless you missed it.

Treat him like every body else?
OK ..
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/06/wednesday-morning-news-briefing-top-scientific-adviser-quits/

Presumably from one house to another?
With a sick wife and a 4 year old (potentially autistic) in the car? How many stops would he have made along the way?

Again, the politically motivated argument is only coming from one angle, on this one..
And the argument falls flat when you have the right calling for him to go as well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He will clearly have to resign BUT

I am very uncomfortable with the way the media are controlling our country.

Yesterday was dominated by questions about DC when it should have been about the number of people of dying, the economical problems, the care home disaster, the 35,000 deaths.

This is massively disproportionate over one mans actions when there are so many more important things to discuss.

D

Deleted member 2719

The level of faux outrage and hypocrisy on this thread is stunning. Most of you have breached the lockdown rules at some stage in your own way, be it large or small you know you've done it. Maybe he did take the piss a bit, maybe he didn't because his kid has special needs, I don't really care to be honest. The media driven witch hunt has its current victim and will continue to thrash it to death and not out of any public spirited endeavour but because they create and supply the demand for this crap. It isn't an issue most people give a crap about to be force fed it at every news bulletin and frankly there are more important things to worry about. This is a political story being promoted for political means, end of.

100% agree, some of the hatred of people people concerns me, they are baying for someone's blood all the time.
It all appears to smack of sourgrapes from anti brexit or anti tory, in the meantime they are trying to rip our country apart at a time when we need to be joined as humanly possible.

It's a sad place to be in the uk with these extremists.

Are they insane?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Will Cummings go ?

If we had symptoms I would look ahead .. I would do what he did and take my child to familiar surroundings however far away

I have a 4 year old boy too.

If my partner was bed ridden and I was concerned that I might be cumming down too, I would take several steps before breaking Government guidelines.

1. Contact my family (the ones who are not vulnerable) and ask them to prepare to collect my child.
2. Contact good friends with similar aged children and request the same.
3. Contact my GP for advice.
4. Contact social services and ask for help.
5. Contact the Police for advice.
6. Contact my MP for advice.
7. Ignore Government advice and transport Covid-19 around the Country.

If points 1-6 did not provide a solution, my conscience would be reasonably clear that I’d tried everything I could having informed various authorities of my actions.

Alternatively, you and arrogant Cummings just skip to point 7? You’re ‘look after number 1’ attitude has been the opposite of what the Government has been asking us to do, thousands of people have made huge sacrifices but Cummings is obviously ‘allowed’ to make up his own rules backed by the worst PM this Country has ever seen.

What do you think of his family days out at the castle after his isolation ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Yesterday was dominated by questions about DC when it should have been about the number of people of dying, the economical problems, the care home disaster, the 35,000 deaths.

This is massively disproportionate over one mans actions when there are so many more important things to discuss.

It’s the same old story within the UK, Crisisception, we can’t just have one crisis we have to have a crisis within another crisis within a crisis and so on.

It amazes me people defend the fact there was probably at least 50 press members outside his house yesterday all literally rubbing arms with each other, practically wrestling each other to get the best shot, the rule to exempt members of news/reporters from social distancing rules are being abused by these people and the irony of this? If one member of those cockroach press outside his house has Coronavirus, another 5 of those reporters probably have it as well.

Big Beach Seagull

Salt of the earth
May 16, 2020
Best ignore this (or ridicule it) on NSC, as we all know whatever The Daily Mail prints is lies, right?

The Mail is the bestest paper to read when you're out and about looking for badly parked cars. It's full of well written articles by the likes of Katie Hopkins (Phwoar!!) like these. Katie's best bits

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

I actually think it's quite refreshing to see that the media aren't being controlled by the government for once.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Total bollocks, being a politician shouldn’t make you an open target to literally hundreds of press swarming together outside your home, during a pandemic I might add and having people abusing you on your own front doorstep if you just fancy going to the shop it’s the lowest of the low. Plenty of people ‘court the press’ doesn’t mean that you’re immune to human feelings.

It’s deplorable.

It is horrible.

But this is very much a case of live by the sword, die by the sword. Reap what you sow

Etc etc

Cummings dragged politics in this country into the gutter. I hate what he has done to our tone of political debate. He did in knowingly and deliberately, and for self serving reasons. He's been riding the media monster for years and I can't feel too sorry for him when it turns back and bites him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
To unite the Church, Police, Guardian, Spectator, Times, Mail, and Public after the last few years could be seen as a work of genius. If you hadn't actually united them against yourself :shootself

Absolutely. The virus had actually seemed to unite all factions in the country though in dealing with the crisis and supporting the NHS, workers, vulnerable people and small businesses etc. The government initially recieved support from everybody as no one knew what we were dealing with. People like me who can’t stand Johnson and the Tories were prepared to back them, follow their instructions (based on the science apparently which they now seem to forget when it suits) and give them the benefit of the doubt on mistakes made at first etc.

Unfortunately the scale of the errors they’ve made, along with the lies and shows of incompetence from certain MP’s, had weakened that support and now this has completely blown any goodwill they had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here