Will Cummings go ?

• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The level of faux outrage and hypocrisy on this thread is stunning. Most of you have breached the lockdown rules at some stage in your own way, be it large or small you know you've done it. Maybe he did take the piss a bit, maybe he didn't because his kid has special needs, I don't really care to be honest. The media driven witch hunt has its current victim and will continue to thrash it to death and not out of any public spirited endeavour but because they create and supply the demand for this crap. It isn't an issue most people give a crap about to be force fed it at every news bulletin and frankly there are more important things to worry about. This is a political story being promoted for political means, end of.

at best, badly misjudged

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Seriously I don't understand how anyone could give a shit about this when thousands of people have spent the weekend descending on the city and elsewhere from afar, ignoring social distancing rules, getting pissed up and mingling in large groups like a standard bank holiday weekend. This story doesn't even register on most people radar, I guarantee I could walk down a hypothetically packed high street and ask a dozen people about this and most wouldn't have a clue or care what I was talking about.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Both parents work, and so what do they normally do when they are both unavailable to look after their son, and why could they not have activated these arrangements.

Also, only his wife had symptoms at the time - so it wasn't the case that this 'had' to be done, it was a 'just-in-case'. And in any event, that didn't happen either as they have stated that the only external assistance they had was that his sister dropped off the shopping for them. So, despite Mary Wakefield describing how badly they were affected, they still didn't need to use any external childcare.

However, there were mother's and wife's birthdays to think about.

Yeah all true... and politically he should be held responsible for his actions.
I should not have used the term forgivable.

I meant to state that as a parent of an autistic child, I am sympathetic to bad judgement calls in the early stages of your child's diagnosis.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seriously I don't understand how anyone could give a shit about this when thousands of people have spent the weekend descending on the city and elsewhere from afar, ignoring social distancing rules, getting pissed up and mingling in large groups like a standard bank holiday weekend. This story doesn't even register on most people radar, I guarantee I could walk down a hypothetically packed high street and ask a dozen people about this and most wouldn't have a clue or care what I was talking about.

I think you have grossly misjudged the feeling on this.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The level of faux outrage and hypocrisy on this thread is stunning. Most of you have breached the lockdown rules at some stage in your own way, be it large or small you know you've done it. Maybe he did take the piss a bit, maybe he didn't because his kid has special needs, I don't really care to be honest. The media driven witch hunt has its current victim and will continue to thrash it to death and not out of any public spirited endeavour but because they create and supply the demand for this crap. It isn't an issue most people give a crap about to be force fed it at every news bulletin and frankly there are more important things to worry about. This is a political story being promoted for political means, end of.

So why post if you don’t care.
The one good thing about this is that people showing their true colours. A very small minority on here apparently like shit brown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not even worth a :facepalm: this time...........................

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
What is, my post or his actions? If its my post explain why its badly misjudged? That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. I really don't care if this man travelled to Durham to ensure his kids were looked after. If it can be proven that he went just for a jolly then he can be treated like anyone else. Politics in this country are a joke in any case, regardless of party they are all corrupt and in it for themselves and if they spent more time trying to fix the country rather than slagging each other off and scoring political points we might be in a better position.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
So why post if you don’t care.
The one good thing about this is that people showing their true colours. A very small minority on here apparently like shit brown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah the old 'why post if you don't care' comment, classic. I don't particularly care about his actions when you consider all the other twats doing far worse things on a daily basis and then clapping for the NHS on a Thursday night. Its a thread about opinions and I'm giving mine same as everyone else.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What is, my post or his actions? If its my post explain why its badly misjudged? That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. I really don't care if this man travelled to Durham to ensure his kids were looked after. If it can be proven that he went just for a jolly then he can be treated like anyone else. Politics in this country are a joke in any case, regardless of party they are all corrupt and in it for themselves and if they spent more time trying to fix the country rather than slagging each other off and scoring political points we might be in a better position.

That's the problem with people like Cummings and Johnson. They spoil it for the good guys. There ARE lots of decent people in politics, but the antics of the egomaniacs means many people (including you) understandably get pissed off.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

You don't care that a knowingly contagious family travelled to the other end of the country, when the rules were to "stay home, save lives, protect the NHS"?
And yet you seem to be very judgemental about people travelling to Brighton after the government have relaxed the rules?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If we had symptoms I would look ahead .. I would do what he did and take my child to familiar surroundings however far away where he could be looked after long term in the unlikely event of like BJ had to go into hospital. Can understand getting stick if he had travelled to a holiday home for pleasure or was visiting friends but this is so over top with a political agenda.
Why is it that on this board if one disagrees with majority you receive abuse and are told to F off

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I get the impression we should start with something simple

1.jpg

Ingredients

250g Plain white flour
0pinch Salt
110g Butter (unsalted, plus extra for greasing)
60ml Water (cold)
Strawberry jam (Or lemon curd)

Method

Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C, gas mark 4). Grease a 12 hole tart tin with butter.

To make the pastry, put the flour and salt into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips until it looks like coarse breadcrumbs.

Using a knife stir in enough cold water to bind the dough together. Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill in the fridge for fifteen to twenty minutes.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to ½ cm thickness. Use a round cutter to cut discs of pastry, slightly larger than the hole in the tin, then press one disc into each hole.

Spoon a heaped teaspoon of strawberry jam or lemon curd into each pastry case. Bake in the oven for ten to fifteen minutes or until golden brown. Remove the tarts from the oven and cool on a wire rack.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
You don't care that a knowingly contagious family travelled to the other end of the country, when the rules were to "stay home, save lives, protect the NHS"?
And yet you seem to be very judgemental about people travelling to Brighton after the government have relaxed the rules?

Like I said, if he breached it then treat him the same as anyone else however if he travelled in a car presumably from one house to another and then self isolated for 14 days then no I really don't have an issue with that.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The pictures of people outside his family home hurling abuse and hoard of press swarming around him are quite despicable, some people really are cockroaches. I don’t care whether you think what he did was acceptable or disgraceful this is just not right.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
If we had symptoms I would look ahead .. I would do what he did and take my child to familiar surroundings however far away where he could be looked after long term in the unlikely event of like BJ had to go into hospital. Can understand getting stick if he had travelled to a holiday home for pleasure or was visiting friends but this is so over top with a political agenda.
Why is it that on this board if one disagrees with majority you receive abuse and are told to F off

Its the internet, its how it works. You post a contrary opinion and are met with personal insults, facepalms and the like instead of a counter argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here