Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of course Cummings has a 'boss' and I don't mean Johnson.

His boss(es) will just parachute in a replacement who will just be Cummings in a different shell.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Why do you think Cummings hasn’t already brought forward evidence to show he didn’t make the 2nd (and now 3rd) trips that have been alleged?

If he was innocent, why wouldn’t he just clear his name immediately. Eye witnesses in London would come forward, CCTV would definitely show his movements in central London.

You’re kidding yourself. He’s clearly guilty.

Hang him.
By the way should I report my neighbour who I know has collected and returned grandchild from Chichester several times

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The thought had crossed my mind. The question is what would get rid of this ghastly life-shortening criminally negligent 'government' the most quickly? One thing that is certain is the tories won't go to the pipple (first quiz question, which tory leader pronounced 'people' like that? And who wrote his rabid failure of a manifesto?) until they think they can win. That will be at the last minute before never by the look of it. So we are in for a five year term.

So do we want Boris to stay or go as leader of the party?

I fear that if Boris loses Cummings he may wilt like a stick of celery left in the sun, and move on to money and pasture new. Then the tories would elect someone more competent and less charismatic. Win for the country, so I'm in.

If Cummings stays it means he will have shown he is a winner, and only if the media decide to kill him will the house of fun collapse. It's a 'no' from me.

It may take a Major Tom moment to oust this shit, Cummings, though. Perhaps if the nation's favourite 'sir' (with apologies to [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] for mining the valley of bathos) might raise an eyebrow or more and Boris may feel a bit of shame....sorry, no, what was I thinking, and I have hardly had anything to drink. Yet.

And the longer it goes on the more time we have to forget......no I'd like Cummings gone now. Partly for the same reason that if a cat shits on my lawn I get the shovel out, and dispatch it yonder. We don't want shit lying about. Not even lying shit. And if he drags Boris with him it would be even more pleasing. Actually the country needs it. Trumpian dystopia just doesn't work in the UK.

What will develop out of this is anyone's guess. My preferred option is that we have a national government, followed by an election, because the country has got yet another monumental decision to make. The likelihood of that happening is low, however. Attention will increasingly turn to the question of the inquiry, when it's started, a release date, its scope, etc. I suspect that Starmer will turn his forensic skills to this in the next month or two, and he won't relent or be fobbed off by the bluster.
The public have been turning against the government slowly for a while now, but I suspect that the trickle will turn into a flood, and this will inexorably gather momentum the longer Cummings remains in place.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hang him.
By the way should I report my neighbour who I know has collected and returned grandchild from Chichester several times

No need.

We have now been told this is allowed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hang him.

Why

Do

You

Think

He

Hasn’t

Cleared

His

Name?

Just answer the question. You are suggesting he is deliberately putting himself through this scandal. Do you realise how silly that sounds?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Of course Cummings has a 'boss' and I don't mean Johnson.

His boss(es) will just parachute in a replacement who will just be Cummings in a different shell.

I'm surprised they haven't done this already, although the news is that Cummings has now entered Number 10, so I suspect it's imminent.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Do I really care about him ? No. I am sure lots of people have done something they should not . Two of us met two people in the park instead of one. Its all being overblown . Blame ,blame , blame someone for anything.

Yes, many people have done stuff they shouldn't, and they have been publicly called out, told off and shamed for doing this - most prominently by this very government all of whom are now defending Cummings

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hang him.

Point successfully missed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do I really care about him ? No. I am sure lots of people have done something they should not . Two of us met two people in the park instead of one. Its all being overblown . Blame ,blame , blame someone for anything.

Meanwhile, back in the grown up world........

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Are any of those examples contributing to forming government policy?

Whataboutism at its finest.

If you can demonstrate that any of the examples I have referred have a lesser potential to increase the risk on the NHS then I would concede the point to whataboutery.

Stay at Home - Protect the NHS wasn’t it.........over to you.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It was a joy to watch and just like the press briefing yesterday, at one stage he even seem to plead that he only wanted to talk about transport because that's his field of expertise (according to the notes he had in front of him!).
He was basically begging Sophy Ridge to let him talk about the A66 instead. So funny. He even tried to tell her that that was what people wanted to hear about instead of her questions.

"Thanks for the job tips" she said and went back to SAVAGING him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you can demonstrate that any of the examples I have referred have a lesser potential to increase the risk on the NHS then I would concede the point to whataboutery.

Stay at Home - Protect the NHS wasn’t it.........over to you.

Straw man argument now, you going for a hat trick?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd love to know what has been said between Grant Shapps and Boris, if anything. Shapps own political credibility has been battered, he just happened to be doing tthe daily press briefing when the story broke and his bad luxk was compounded by being skewered by Sophy Ridge this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here