Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nope, sack and publicly shame him.

Sack and shame Stephen Kinnock, and sack and shame the 14,000 that have been fined for breaching lockdown rules while you are at it.

Send the thousands of migrants that have arrived in U.K. over the lockdown period back where they came from, and shame them for thinking they can just pile into dinghies, cross the channel and burden the NHS with extra demand when we have over 30,000 dead.

The sooner the better.

So who is stupid enough to still be defending/deflecting/whatabouting Cummings in the face of all evidence to the contrary ?

Exactly as I said, defending/deflecting/whatabouting :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you've not seen it then I strongly recommended watching Sophy Ridge's complete destruction of Shapps this morning on Sky News.

To be fair tho, the poor bugger's been sent out to try his best to defend the indefensible, even if he doesn't believe a word of what he's saying. Real Hide Behind The Couch stuff

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nope, sack and publicly shame him.

Sack and shame Stephen Kinnock, and sack and shame the 14,000 that have been fined for breaching lockdown rules while you are at it.

Send the thousands of migrants that have arrived in U.K. over the lockdown period back where they came from, and shame them for thinking they can just pile into dinghies, cross the channel and burden the NHS with extra demand when we have over 30,000 dead.

The sooner the better.

Are any of those examples contributing to forming government policy?

Whataboutism at its finest.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's entirely possible that most grandparents including many elderly Tory voters in the shires would understand that trying to make sure a young grandchild is properly cared for when both parents are self-isolating/ill is understandable, (certainly not the crime of the century described by Cummings haters) as they would help out in similar circumstances. :shrug:

The cabinet rallies round ....

I know how ill coronavirus makes you. It was entirely right for Dom Cummings to find childcare for his toddler, when both he and his wife were getting ill.

— Matt Hancock (@MattHancock) May 23, 2020

Taking care of your wife and young child is justifiable and reasonable, trying to score political points over it isn’t. https://t.co/QVkFmKgOsW

— Rishi Sunak (@RishiSunak) May 23, 2020

It’s reasonable and fair to ask for an explanation on this. And it has been provided: two parents with Coronavirus, were anxiously taking care of their young child. Those now seeking to politicise it should take a long hard look in the mirror. https://t.co/fvfvPmlccQ

— Dominic Raab (@DominicRaab) May 23, 2020

Caring for your wife and child is not a crime https://t.co/YCXWhKTq28

— Michael Gove (@michaelgove) May 23, 2020

Will he survive? Probably ..

So when Cummings does go, those public statements - which all stand in contrast to their press briefings - are going to look pretty misjudged. There's a lot of people there who are going to lose quite a bit of credit for their handling of the coronavirus crisis.

Boris, of course, has given himself the wiggle room to fire him by staying silent so far

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Personally I now really care not one jot whether he stays or goes because what is done is done.

He should be apologising and not hiding behind a transposure of words.

We now have this 2nd allegation that he travelled 2nd time back to the North East.

He has admitted the first transgression but claims extenuating circumstances.

By contrast he has denied the 2nd Transgression. This could be easily proved or disapproved.

All we need to do is Under the Freedom of Information Act in the Public interest. Request ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) data to see if his car travelled on the motorway during those dates if the second alleged transgression.

If he did then he is obviously a liar as well as irresponsible. If he didn't travel the second time then the Government would get more people on side because more if the Public would see it as a witch hunt..

The risk he posed was dangerous but not a hanging offence. That said is is a slap in the face to the whole country who observed the regulations.

Seems quite a dismissive post of a very important issue.

Nearly 37k deaths but what's done is done so let's move on.

People dying without being able to see their family but what's done is done so let's move on.

People missing out on cancer treatment either through fear of catching covid at the hospital or the hospital having to prioritise services but what's done is done so let's move on.

The elederly in homes infected by patients sent from hospitals but what's done is done so let's move on.

The list goes on and on but forget the mistakes of the past because what's done is done and let's just look forward to the mistakes this administration is going to keep on making in the future!!!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Do I really care about him ? No. I am sure lots of people have done something they should not . Two of us met two people in the park instead of one. Its all being overblown . Blame ,blame , blame someone for anything.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So when Cummings does go, those public statements - which all stand in contrast to their press briefings - are going to look pretty misjudged. There's a lot of people there who are going to lose quite a bit of credit for their handling of the coronavirus crisis.

Boris, of course, has given himself the wiggle room to fire him by staying silent so far

The problem for Boris is who does he turn to for advice to handle this!!!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do I really care about him ? No. I am sure lots of people have done something they should not . Two of us met two people in the park instead of one. Its all being overblown . Blame ,blame , blame someone for anything.

Completely missing the point.

I assume you’d be more than happy to say this to someone who couldn’t see their dying relatives or attend their funerals due sticking to rules that Cummings helped create and then flouted openly multiple times.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
To be fair tho, the poor bugger's been sent out to try his best to defend the indefensible, even if he doesn't believe a word of what he's saying. Real Hide Behind The Couch stuff
Yes I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't Grant Shapps. Odious scumbag and confirmed internet scammer.

We were talking about it earlier, how it must have been when he checked his schedule yesterday....

"So I've got the press conference, Ok. Then tomorrow it's Sophy Ridge AND Andrew Marr??!! But, but....."

Cummings -"Shut up and get on with it Shappsy, you snivelling little worm! Or you're fired. You think people have forgotten about 'Michael Green' and his shit Chrysler Crossfire? I can remind them!"

"Ok, ok, sorry boss.... Oh God.".

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Were they responsible for setting the rules then and telling us what we should and shouldn’t be doing?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Jesus, find me a cabinet minister who hasn't done something which they would have been sacked for even 5 years ago...

Nobody gets fired these days. Our glorious PM cannot afford to lose his chums.

Politicians don't get fired because they don't do anything wrong. They just get misreported!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Yes I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't Grant Shapps. Odious scumbag and confirmed internet scammer.

We were talking about it earlier, how it must have been when he checked his schedule yesterday....

"So I've got the press conference, Ok. Then tomorrow it's Sophy Ridge AND Andrew Marr??!! But, but....."

Cummings -"Shut up and get on with it Shappsy, you snivelling little worm! Or you're fired. You think people have forgotten about 'Michael Green' and his shit Chrysler Crossfire? I can remind them!"

"Ok, ok, sorry boss.... Oh God.".

Genuis. :D Him against Marr was a joy to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here