Will Cummings go ?

• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Personally I now really care not one jot whether he stays or goes because what is done is done.

He should be apologising and not hiding behind a transposure of words.

We now have this 2nd allegation that he travelled 2nd time back to the North East.

He has admitted the first transgression but claims extenuating circumstances.

By contrast he has denied the 2nd Transgression. This could be easily proved or disapproved.

All we need to do is Under the Freedom of Information Act in the Public interest. Request ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) data to see if his car travelled on the motorway during those dates if the second alleged transgression.

If he did then he is obviously a liar as well as irresponsible. If he didn't travel the second time then the Government would get more people on side because more if the Public would see it as a witch hunt..

The risk he posed was dangerous but not a hanging offence. That said is is a slap in the face to the whole country who observed the regulations.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Seems to me that:

1) Cummings is very important to Johnson

2) Cumming's position is untenable

So...

3) Cummings will resign/be removed from his position, keep a low profile for a few moths and then quietly be reinstated further down the line.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
His wife, Mary Wakefield, has a brother (Jack) and a sister, also living in London, so that was hogwash. She wrote her article in the Spectator, making out they were nursing each other, and looking after their son, in London all the time. Their stories don't even tally.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/getting-coronavirus-does-not-bring-clarity

My husband was looking forward to visiting his family, especially his 85 yr old mother in a home in Yorkshire, at Easter, but has had to make do with garbled phone calls with her.
I missed out on my cousin's funeral in Worthing at the beginning of April, and also cried on Mother's Day because I couldn't see my daughter's family for her traditional Sunday lunch. Not very dramatic, but multiply that all over the country and you can see the contempt this government has for ordinary people doing their best.

Quite. The other element of hogwash is Cummings attempting to portray himself as protecting his family, if that was the case his wife would have isolated herself to a room in the house when she first exhibited symptoms, and he would have looked after the child as many ordinary people had to in the same situation. Instead his way of protecting his child and himself was to put his family in a confined area and drive for hours North therefore exposing himself and his child to more risk.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Him and Gove are pretty tight?

Gove for PM push.

Can see the mail getting behind that

Gove will have thought up a plan already. The Sunday Times says Gove is the only one in cabinet Cummings has any time for as well.

We're already up to 7, but I think we should have sweepstake on how many Tory MP's will have taken to Twitter to say Cummings must go by 3pm today. My MP has surfaced this morning on Twitter but only to wish everyone Eid Mubarak to all those celebrating it in Hastings & Rye, but she's a newbie on thin ice anyway so she'll just tow the official party line.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My husband was looking forward to visiting his family, especially his 85 yr old mother in a home in Yorkshire, at Easter, but has had to make do with garbled phone calls with her.
I missed out on my cousin's funeral in Worthing at the beginning of April, and also cried on Mother's Day because I couldn't see my daughter's family for her traditional Sunday lunch. Not very dramatic, but multiply that all over the country and you can see the contempt this government has for ordinary people doing their best.

This!

everyone has a story to tell of normal family interactions that have been foregone because of these unprecedented times.
Many of us, have complied with the rules, even though we do not have the virus, and neither do the people we want to see.

This **** has broken the rules, whilst he was infectious, for ****'s sake!
Not just thought it would probably be ok, and he was confident he would not be responsible for spreading the virus.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Seems to me that:

1) Cummings is very important to Johnson

2) Cumming's position is untenable

So...

3) Cummings will resign/be removed from his position, keep a low profile for a few moths and then quietly be reinstated further down the line.

Except that they made it worse by instead choosing to double down, demand that cabinet ministers publicly defend him and have Boris say nothing. Shapps has been made to look a complete idiot by Marr without any effort at all. Which means the problem is now bigger than just what Cummings did (which was stupid, but not the end of the world and manageable with an apology, a resignation, pulling strings behind the scenes for a while and then return at some point).

Either very bad management of the situation, or something else going on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You can tell things are getting a bit better ...politics dominating the news/posts again....normally something different than Covid19 would be a welcome relief ..but....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So who is stupid enough to still be defending/deflecting/whatabouting Cummings in the face of all evidence to the contrary ?

I'll guess at

[MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]

and [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] trying to subtly do it on another thread where it won't be seen, like this http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?379981-How-do-you-think-Boris-has-handled-it-so-far-8th-May&p=9355718&viewfull=1#post9355718

I'm normally quite good at guessing :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here