Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins Signs New Deal

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Complete Badger said:
You fool - OCTOBER?:nono:

Yep - McGhee was given one month this season, so i'd call it generous (considering that i'm not really a fan of Wilkins).

I'll give Wilkins 3. If we're still losing games on the spin whilst playing dull football, hovering around the relegation zone, then i say get rid, yes.

But let's see what happens, eh?

edit: I mean the end of October - hence the 3 months. :)

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
McGhee had been manager on a long-term contract for almost three years when he was sacked. Not quite the same is it? Wilkins will get all of next season unless we look like going down.

So i say say if we look like going down in October we should sack him, and i'm a fool.

When do you suggest?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ernest said:
I am giving Wilkins till the end of July to SATISFY me.

??? That's a big ASK.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Ernest said:
I am giving Wilkins till the end of July to SATISFY me , if he hasn't got some DECENT backroom staff and some new RECRUITS it will be quite obvious that we are going to struggle so he MUST be sacked before we LOSE any ground :angry: :angry: :angry:

sack a man with a new 3 year contract.............very sensible :lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Withdean Wanderer said:
So i say say if we look like going down in October we should sack him, and i'm a fool.

When do you suggest?

You really are a knob

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Ok, let's just say we are in the bottom four from the very first game of the season onwards. If that were the case, I still wouldn't sack him until January. There would still be plenty of time for a new man to save us, and Wilkins would have had long enough to turn it around. That is, of course, working on the basis that we are at the bottom from day one, which I don't think will be the case.

might be nice to get this season over with...worry about relegation later :lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Withdean Wanderer said:
Yep - McGhee was given one month this season, so i'd call it generous (considering that i'm not really a fan of Wilkins).

I'll give Wilkins 3. If we're still losing games on the spin whilst playing dull football, hovering around the relegation zone, then i say get rid, yes.

sounds fair and he's in a decent position to make his own real mark on the side from that - he's carried on on the whole from where McGhee left off (except without the crap substitutions) and brought in the diamond - which worked well for a while but looked suspect when missing vital players - fair enough

and with contracts looming , he's got the chance to change the feel of the squad on the whole , maybe bring in a few new faces and have a mess around with a few ideas from the off - i don't care what people say ,pre-season is key to ironing out these errors

i have faith he can take us up - whether or not he can do anything from there, like i've said before, is another matter - but thats a year away yet

and thats GOT to make a few pessimists abit more positive hasn't it

C'MON YOU SUPER SEAGULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS :albion: :drink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I was only answering a question from a "nob"!!! I don't think we will be near the relegation battle next season, and I'm certainly not worrying about it now:lolol:
:clap2: :lolol:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:

Blimey I hope you don't ever get into a position of interviewing people for jobs. :lolol:

Pass me the rope...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Caveman said:
Blimey I hope you don't ever get into a position of interviewing people for jobs. :lolol:

Pass me the rope...

I think it's fair to say that i never will:lolol:

Who'd give a "knob" any sort of responsibilty!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
God luck to him. If we have a good season next year, then he has proven me wrong. I think a one year contract (with the optionof extending it) would have been better. Say it all goes pear shaped next season. Can we afford to pay off another manager?

but in the meantime im behind him. Im just woried that his inexpirence will cost us. Perhaps an expireenced number two needs to be brought in for a little while.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here