Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins Signs New Deal

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm always behind the team. I hope it works out.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Caveman said:
But not Wilkins?

As he is manager now for the next three years then I hope it works out. I have my doubts but that doesn't mean I won't support him.
I'm not someone who 'hates' the manager.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
great news for both Wilkins and the team, hope we can get the squad sorted out and a few signings in the summer (Bowditch, Whing, Flinders).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck Deano, I'm not as convinced as I was two months ago that this is going to work but he certainly deserves to be given the opportunity. His brief was to keep us up, he's succeeded but recent results and tactics have not been great imo.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:
As he is manager now for the next three years then I hope it works out. I have my doubts but that doesn't mean I won't support him.

Thats fair enough, I think he'll do alright over a period of time. I'm not expecting us to go up next season to be honest but at least he can start to build a team of his own now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yorkie said:
I know what you mean Yorkie.
I'm not entirely convinced by him yet - this run we've had since the turn of the year has been a little worrying, particularly the home performances. But he's certainly been more pro-active in the loan market than McGhee ever was, getting signings lined up before the window opened. Be interesting to see what kind of pre-season we have and who he manages to persuade to sign for us.

Regardless who was in charge next season though, I'm not expecting an awful lot.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ah well.....not totally unexpected.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Withdean Wanderer said:
That's enthusiasm for you!:lolol:

well I have seen nothing in the last few months to think that he is any better or worse that some we have had, so as I say, we will have to wait and see.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good news but I'm surprised it's as long as 3 years.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Sorry to intrude on the Euphoria, but were we under threat of losing Wilkins from club's who'd been sniffing around with a view to snapping him up close season as they marvelled at his success in avoiding a second consecutive drop?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well now let's cut everyone some slack and let them get on with it for a while.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Complete Badger said:
Great news:clap:

With the security of three years, he can really build his own side and plan ahead. I'm not expecting promotion next season, but top-half is an absolute minimum and we should at least be in play off contention for most of the year. I just hope he's allowed to do his own thing, and sentimentality from the boardroom doesn't dictate who will be in his squad for next season.

Hmmm, if it does go pear shaped i expect we'll be hearing that excuse on here a lot.

"It's DK's fault, not Wilkins, he resigned Mayo and Hart and they've been shit"

To be honest, i think that's fairly irrelevant. The wages of those 2 won't be much even if they do get a deal. Wilkins will still have a decent budget, and he'll HAVE to do something with it. We can't afford errors like Williams, John, Bagayoko or Ward.

As you say, top half is a realistic expectation...hopefully with a few home wins as well!.:)

Dave the Gaffer said:
well I have seen nothing in the last few months to think that he is any better or worse that some we have had, so as I say, we will have to wait and see.

I haven't either and agree with you, but i'm prepared to give him a chance now he's got the summer to work with. But come October, if we're no better than we are at the moment then i'll have had it with him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here