Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins Signs New Deal

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe they have given him a contract that will take him well into the building of Falmer. The next contract given to him or somebody else will provide the team to open up at Falmer. In short Falmer will not be built in time for 2009/10 season, it will be ready for 2010/11.

I have alwaysd maintained that Ben who will be 13 in 3 months will never qualify for a junior ticket at Falmer.

The same as I said I would buy a Senior Citizens ticket at Withdean and everybodybody poo poohed it and said I was talking rubbish This is my 3rd season of OAP STH.

Last edited:

we all know manager's contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on.

If he is successful, chances are he'll go to a bigger club (Leicester, Reading etc)
If he is not successful, he will get sacked.

All I can confidently predict is, that managers rarely see out their contracts at this club.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
So has he actually signed then seeing as we've got a 6 page thread on the subject?

It's just that on thew official site and in the Arsegas it says he has agreed that he "will" sign the contract offered last month - I can't see anything that states he has actually signed?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Disappointed with a 3 year contract.

I wasn't convinced he was the right choice in the first place, but 3 years....??????????? :eek: :eek:

Mmm, looks like my decision to not renew my season ticket was the right one.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
BensGrandad said:
I believe they have given him a contract that will take him well into the building of Falmer. The next contract given to him or somebody else will provide the team to open up at Falmer. In short Falmer will not be built in time for 2009/10 season, it will be ready for 2010/11.

I have alwaysd maintained that Ben who will be 13 in 3 months will never qualify for a junior ticket at Falmer.

The same as I said I would buy a Senior Citizens ticket at Withdean and everybodybody poo poohed it and said I was talking rubbish This is my 3rd season of OAP STH.

My Oldest Son was born 3 months after we moved back to Withdean, do you think he will get a Junior ticket at falmer ?

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Let's face it, we haven't been united behind a manager since Adams left. Coppell had his detractors because of his links with Palace. Many Albion fans objected to McGhee's appointment and remained unreconciled even after he got us into the Championship and kept us in it. As for Taylor, the bloke who won L1 for us five years ago, fans disliked him simply because he wasn't Micky Adams. At an away game, in 2002, as we closed in on promotion, the chap standing next to me said, "It's all gone downhill since Micky left." He wasn't being ironic.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
unnameable said:
Let's face it, we haven't been united behind a manager since Adams left. Coppell had his detractors because of his links with Palace. Many Albion fans objected to McGhee's appointment and remained unreconciled even after he got us into the Championship and kept us in it. As for Taylor, the bloke who won L1 for us five years ago, fans disliked him simply because he wasn't Micky Adams. At an away game, in 2002, as we closed in on promotion, the chap standing next to me said, "It's all gone downhill since Micky left." He wasn't being ironic.

One of the good things that Adams did was create the siege mentality team spirit and when you saw the team get stuck in you couldn't ask for more.
Unfortunately that sort of spirit has long gone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that Wilkins appointment is the most important at the moment. I believe a more important one is an experienced coach.

If you saw Pompey last week their defence was in one straight line catching Villa offside numerous times. Why is that suprising when they have Tony Adams coaching them, Campbell and Lauren playing for them and they played exactly the same as the Arsenal defence is it any wonder James has got the record.

W2hat we need is an experienced man in the same vane who can instruct the defence how to not concede simple goals.

I said this when Jason Dodd was here who had played in the then 1st division all of his career.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think we need Wilkins to tell some of these so called 'youngsters' that they are now senior professionals and should start playing and acting like them.

They clearly have ability so lets hope next season is far better. I would like to see some senior players perhaps over the age of 20 signed!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here