• No - It was a disaster get rid before more damage is done

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D

Deleted member 2719

Uncle Spielberg said:
Loyal fan Gareth Glover.

yes 32 years and counting , 8 sth's in a row at Withdean. Whats your point , I think McGhee should have stayed and wilkins should not have been appointed , that makes me disloyal does it,

tell me about your trips to Gillingham and your day out at Hereford please :yawn:

So after just 8 games you prepared to make sure you do you utmost to sink him.

:nono:

D

Deleted member 2719

Uncle Buck said:
Can do, if you really want me to Garth, as I am sure Roogers can and many others on here.

Yep i am sure we could.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If it means it can keep the club in div 1, I suppose you think you are mpre loyal by sticking with him and getting relegated to div 2 :nono:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Spielberg said:

tell me about your trips to Gillingham and your day out at Hereford please :yawn:

Ok well me and my mates always used to look out for what we called the "nuclear pigs" on the way out to Gillingham, they were in a field near the slip road off the M20

They were the hugest FATTEST pigs we had ever seen. If we saw them we won. If we didnt we lost. We were convinced of that.

As for Hereford well we were in with the home fans as couldnt get tickets for the Albion end.

Therefore we had to keep quiet for the whole match.Which wasnt easy towards the end especially when I think Andy de Bont was one on one with Mark Omerod right at the end...

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Piers, your taking the piss , you tried for months on end to try and get mcGhee sacked and now you are coming on all high and mighty making me out to be disloyal coz I question whether Dean is right for the job. I think you were incredibly disloyal to the club and DK sniping at MCGhee for 6 months

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Blah blah blah blah blah, more loyal than you are, blah blah blah, uberfan, blah blah blah blah, Hereford, blah blah blah blah, ......................................................:shutup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Spielberg said:
Piers, your taking the piss , you tried for months on end to try and get mcGhee sacked and now you are coming on all high and mighty making me out to be disloyal coz I question whether Dean is right for the job. I think you were incredibly disloyal to the club and DK sniping at MCGhee for 6 months

What did he do apart from post on a message board that he didnt want Magoo in charge? I didnt see any MASSIVE protests or such!

He is entitled to his opinion, I also wanted MM out. Whether dean is right for the job is up for debate but MM time had come and gone.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Uncle Spielberg said:
If it means it can keep the club in div 1, I suppose you think you are mpre loyal by sticking with him and getting relegated to div 2 :nono:

Come on think about it he has had 8 games and got in 2 players and will be looking for more but they have to be given time.

Did you really believe we could go straight back up with what MM left us with remember he gave contract to many of the those below performing players.

:nono:

I don't know for sure if Deano can turn it round.

But he has been given the chance to do so and we have to back him and that's what I intend to do.

And as an added bonus I can draw some passing amusement from those who are now loud in their calls for loyalty but gave none to the last manager.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I thought McGee was forced out too early and the conditions (whoever was to blame) not right to bring in a rookie manager. Dean Wilkins is a great Youth coach, nice chap, has potential as a manager but this experience could ruin him (Lets face it, i think it sent MM over the edge) I just can't see him pulling it around, it is just too big a job for him. We should however support him and the young lads he has nurtured through the youth ranks.If he guides us to mid-table safety the club has found its-self one hell of a manager...................................but you can't knock the pundits questioning his premature (in his career) appointment!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:

I think there are a lot of issues and whether Wilkins is the right person we shall see, he is certainly hindered by the fact that your Messiah shipped a lot of players out, some for great profit, some not and none of that cash has been ploughed back to the playing side.

See you at Scunny, Mr Loyal One?

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
London Irish said:
And as an added bonus I can draw some passing amusement from those who are now loud in their calls for loyalty but gave none to the last manager.

:lolol:

You and me both. This has loomed large in my thoughts as I have perused the board today.

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:

But he has been given the chance to do so and we have to back him and that's what I intend to do.

Good to see your backing him if only a few others were mature enough to do the same.

As to the loyalty of MM IMO i gave him 2 and half years, how much longer would you like me to have given him?

Without being personal he just doesn't come across as a geniune man IMO.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:

Loyalty only extends so far! There's only so many mistakes you can forgive one person for and then they become undefendable!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think he's the wrong man for the job but he's in the seat and he has my full backing.... even if we go down.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Mouldy Boots said:
Good to see your backing him if only a few others were mature enough to do the same.

As to the loyalty of MM IMO i gave him 2 and half years, how much longer would you like me to have given him?

Without being personal he just doesn't come across as a geniune man IMO.

Point taken mate but i would rather have a manager who does'nt come across as genuine and saves us from oblivion than a lovely bloke with nice teeth who takes us to the conference!:lolol:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:

We did, until many of us who have followed the Albion for a good few years decided that enough was enough, tactics were poor, media relations were poor, excuses were just terrible, we had seen it many many times before. The win at Palace kept him in a job for an extra 6 months, a good measure of just what Albion fans are willing to stomach, but it all came to an end because the fans (which are needed to make Falmer a reality) were starting to vote with their feet, he had lost many many fans permanently and do you really think we would have done much better under McGhee in the past few weeks, I very much doubt it, it would have been similar uninspiring stuff that had lost him the support in the first place.

Oh, and Glover I dont doubt your commitment, but trying to undermine a manager who is trying his very best to stamp his authority on the club with very very little resources is sort of thing we expect from 17 year old pond life keyboard warriors whose sole exposure to the Albion is passing the club shop on the way to KFC/Sign on. I expected better from someone like you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
..he just needs time. He is a more importantly the board in his request for team strenghtening at trasfer window time.

That is 3 months away :eek: Oh what fun NSC and Withdean is gonna be if he doesn't turn it round before then. Come on Deano and the lads please don't put us through another winter of discontent :)

I back him btw but I'm a bit nervous I must confess.

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Rougvie said:
We did, until many of us who have followed the Albion for a good few years

Yes, it's the I've supported them longer than you argument. Not entirely unexpected, that one. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here