Votes: 17 18.1%
  • No - It was a disaster get rid before more damage is done

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D

Deleted member 2719

Gullsworth said:
Point taken mate but i would rather have a manager who does'nt come across as genuine and saves us from oblivion than a lovely bloke with nice teeth who takes us to the conference!:lolol:

How would he save us from oblivion mate he left this side of boys and players that have seen better days.

Remember this is Mcghee's team apart from the big loss of Reidy and the new players Williams and Whing, who will need time to settle in but Williams has a goal and Whing looked to be up to it considering he was playing with a team that weren't playing as a team(you know what i mean).

Get behind wilkins mate and get off thar Fence;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
How would he save us from oblivion mate he left this side of boys and players that have seen better days.

Remember this is Mcghee's team

6 from 31 hardly makes it McGhee's team, it's whoever decided to sign 10 youth teamers team isn't it?

haven't we already had this argument today? :lolol:

Oh and don't worry MM couldn't spend the money we do have so there should be a big pile left for Deano to spend

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Icy Gull said:
6 from 31 hardly makes it McGhee's team, it's whoever decided to sign 10 youth teamers team isn't it?

What MM only gave out 6 contracts in 3 years.

Are you including all his signing etc?

???

Ps we probably have had this disscussion before but it is always good to have it twice for an accurate assessment!

;)

D

Deleted member 2719

Icy Gull said:

Oh and don't worry MM couldn't spend the money we do have so there should be a big pile left for Deano to spend

Yipee

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Rougvie said:
but it all came to an end because the fans (which are needed to make Falmer a reality) were starting to vote with their feet
But why do you keep saying that? The facts do not bear that out.

We actually had higher attendances this season post relegation under McGhee than we had under Coppell last time we fell to League 1. The drop in STs was about 700, completely to be expected when you go from Championship to League 1.

We started this season with excellent crowds of 6.6k rising to 6.7k. Even the late-Sunday switch Crewe attendance of 5.8k was decent given the amount of floating fans that would have decided to spend their money at Lords the previous day.

What has happened since the McGhee sacking? Our Saturday crowds have absolutely plunged.

If there was any truth in what you say about fans staying away because of McGhee, wouldn't they have immediately have returned buoyed by the great news, for a few games at least?

The reality is - those stayaway fans sensed the truth of the sacking, it was an attempt by the board to lower expectations of the vast majority of fans in what we could achieve this season.

Of course they deserted in huge numbers, they could see the game was up for any play-off chance we had as soon as McGhee went. They won't be coming back any time soon either.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Mouldy Boots said:

Remember this is Mcghee's team apart from the big loss of Reidy and the new players Williams and Whing, who will need time to settle in but Williams has a goal and Whing looked to be up to it considering he was playing with a team that weren't playing as a team(you know what i mean).

Get behind wilkins mate and get off thar Fence;)

You in your own words mate have said you expected a manager of the ilk of McGee would be pushing for a promotion place and mid table would be a failure

I am saying a rookie manager in this position will take us down and maybe worse than relegation from this division! I have never doubted Wilkins ability as a youth coach but if the pressure got to MM and he was making mistakes what will it do to a manager with little or no experience like Wilkins ..............If he turns it around i will be as pleased as you but i think he is not ready for the pressure................you know i will support him come what may even if we went as far as the conference unlike your stance over McGee

THERE I AM OFF THAT f***ing FENCE!!!! .......:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:

McGhee was manager of this club for the lasty three years or so, how can it be anything other than his team? Aside from Williams and Whing...

The worry is that we're still using his tactics too. :(

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Sid James said:
Yes, it's the I've supported them longer than you argument. Not entirely unexpected, that one. :lolol:

You misunderstand, regardless of what anyone thinks of my posts I played the game at a semi pro standard for a few years and consider myself knowledgeble on the game, cant say I consider myself a better fan than anyone else, but I understand the game enough to be of the opinion that as a footballing unit, McGhee was not the greatest of Managers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
What MM only gave out 6 contracts in 3 years.

Are you including all his signing etc?

???

Ps we probably have had this disscussion before but it is always good to have it twice for an accurate assessment!

;)

Have a look at the squad and see if you can find anymore than 6 that MM brought in, not ones who were forced on him by the board

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
But why do you keep saying that? The facts do not bear that out.

We actually had higher attendances this season post relegation under McGhee than we had under Coppell last time we fell to League 1. The drop in STs was about 700, completely to be expected when you go from Championship to League 1.

We started this season with excellent crowds of 6.6k rising to 6.7k. Even the late-Sunday switch Crewe attendance of 5.8k was decent given the amount of floating fans that would have decided to spend their money at Lords the previous day.

What has happened since the McGhee sacking? Our Saturday crowds have absolutely plunged.

If there was any truth in what you say about fans staying away because of McGhee, wouldn't they have immediately have returned buoyed by the gteat news for a few games at least?

The reality is - those stayaway fans sensed the truth of the sacking, it was an attempt by the board to lower expectations of the vast majority of fans in what we could achieve this season. Of course they deserted in huge numbers, they could see the game was up for any play-off chance we had as soon as McGhee went.

I would say that at the beginning of the season the gates were at a reasonable level as people will always to an extend show some interest at the beginning of the season. The reason those 2 gates were higher than under Coppell at the beginning of the 2003/04 season, simple, there are more tickets available.

The last point is your view, I would say people are not staying away because McGhee was sacked, simply that the product is crap at present.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Just angrier than ever that McGhee went.All this has done is make me start to ask questions about Dick Knight.Something i thought would never happen.

Uncle Buck said:
The reason those 2 gates were higher than under Coppell at the beginning of the 2003/04 season, simple, there are more tickets available.

That's right, McGhee was able to get more people to part with their money to buy those extra tickets! So much for the fans voting with their feet then!

But they certainly are now that people like you got their way with McGhee's sacking - bravo :clap:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
The reality is - those stayaway fans sensed the truth of the sacking, it was an attempt by the board to lower expectations of the vast majority of fans in what we could achieve this season.

Of course they deserted in huge numbers, they could see the game was up for any play-off chance we had as soon as McGhee went. They won't be coming back any time soon either.

I do agree to an extent that fans are staying away because they see a club that has given up on all fronts and also on that note have forgotten about the continuing education process with our floating fans on Falmer, instead seeingly more intent to make up slogans that no one understands, let alone the 4 or 5 game a season fan who isnt on the internet every day.

These are/should be the guys that will fill Falmer and we seem to think that serving up any old dross from now till then will keep them coming back when there are 20 reasons not to. The penny dropped with Knight and now he probably realises that he should have speculated to accumulate.

Only someone with terminal leaning difficulties would fail to notice that McGhee had lost the majority of the supporters (although by no means all), I actually think that if he hadn't used the media to blame other people then he would still be in charge as it was the mans personality and the way he went about his business that sealed his fate in the end.

We had put up with it before, but if your an average manager with a penchant for blaming everyone else other than yourself, you will not survive these days in lower league football.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
That's right, McGhee was able to get more people to part with their money to buy those extra tickets! So much for the fans voting with their feet then!

But they certainly are now that people like you got their way with McGhee's sacking - bravo :clap:

Even 3 seasons ago there was still the feeling that tickets were not available, so people had season tickets and there was very little floating support.

Now we have less season ticket holders as there are about 3000 seats available on a game by game basis (that presumes we have 5000 season ticket holders and 1000 seats approx for away fans), so people will pick and choose their games. Generally at the beginning of any season clubs get reasonable gates and then they start to level out, which is what has happened.

Again, people are not staying away because McGhee went, in fact nobody I know is doing that, people are staying away simply because the product is crap.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
He or anyone else will only do well if investment is made in the playing staff and coaching staff, we will go down with this squad whatever the only person who can make a difference now is DK if he finds some funds.

So I back him 100% because its totaly irrelavant either way at present.

D

Deleted member 2719

Gullsworth said:
You in your own words mate have said you expected a manager of the ilk of McGee would be pushing for a promotion place and mid table would be a failure

I am saying a rookie manager in this position will take us down and maybe worse than relegation from this division! I have never doubted Wilkins ability as a youth coach but if the pressure got to MM and he was making mistakes what will it do to a manager with little or no experience like Wilkins ..............If he turns it around i will be as pleased as you but i think he is not ready for the pressure................you know i will support him come what may even if we went as far as the conference unlike your stance over McGee

THERE I AM OFF THAT f***ing FENCE!!!! .......:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Have you got evindence of that conversation?

;)

I like yourself supported those managers that we were under in the proper dark days, it's just the fact i didn't like MM and after 2and a half years and seeing him destroy our Squad togetherness and making repeatedly bad decisions it was time to voice my opinion for the very first time in 30 years of supporting the Albion.

Make no mistake mate i had the interest of the Albion at heart i just wished that i had done it earlier.

Dean Wilkins Blue+White Army...........

:albion:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We did, until many of us who have followed the Albion for a good few years decided that enough was enough, tactics were poor, media relations were poor, excuses were just terrible, we had seen it many many times before. The win at Palace kept him in a job for an extra 6 months, a good measure of just what Albion fans are willing to stomach, but it all came to an end because the fans (which are needed to make Falmer a reality) were starting to vote with their feet, he had lost many many fans permanently and do you really think we would have done much better under McGhee in the past few weeks, I very much doubt it, it would have been similar uninspiring stuff that had lost him the support in the first place.

Oh, and Glover I dont doubt your commitment, but trying to undermine a manager who is trying his very best to stamp his authority on the club with very very little resources is sort of thing we expect from 17 year old pond life keyboard warriors whose sole exposure to the Albion is passing the club shop on the way to KFC/Sign on. I expected better from someone like you.

Let me put the record straight. This double standard and hypocracy is beyound belief, the anti McGhee people who undermined the manager for 6 months and ultimately got him the sack are now portraying themselves as above blame and totally innocent and die hard loyal Albion fans because they are being Wilkins. don;t make me laugh. We are in this position because D blockers forced McGhee out. I was against McGhee getting the sack and against Wilkins replacing him. That is not secret but don't try and make out that I am somehow against the club I love because I think Wilkins should be given help working as a no 2 with a proven manager.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
We are in this position because D blockers forced McGhee out. I was against McGhee getting the sack and against Wilkins replacing him. That is not secret but don't try and make out that I am somehow against the club I love because I think Wilkins should be given help working as a no 2 with a proven manager.

Brilliant, so it is now all D Blocks fault.

Best let the A21 Club and the like know as they all sit in that area!!!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Rougvie said:

Only someone with terminal leaning difficulties would fail to notice that McGhee had lost the majority of the supporters (although by no means all), I actually think that if he hadn't used the media to blame other people then he would still be in charge as it was the mans personality and the way he went about his business that sealed his fate in the end.

That says more about the Withdean/NSC moaners than it does McGhee.Are you also saying he only got sacked because of his media skills?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here