Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Mouldy Boots said:
What after 8 games and only three of which he has been officially in charge?

:nono:

Fraid so mate .................thats the reality of NSC

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hang on Mouldy there are 4 options some very complimentary, how do you know which way I voted ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also we had thread after thread of Magoo in or out for about 6 months so a little double standards non ???

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Spielberg said:
Also we had thread after thread of Magoo in or out for about 6 months so a little double standards non ???

True, but McGhee got plenty of backing and support when he first took charge when we went through a very wobbly patch just after Christmas.

D

Deleted member 2719

Uncle Spielberg said:
Hang on Mouldy there are 4 options some very complimentary, how do you know which way I voted ???

It's the title of the thread.

I haven't help by replying on it but it is just giving so much negativity to the sheep as i call them.

I think MM was given atleast 20 odd games before those type of threads started.

It's not personal it just you that seem to keep starting them aswell as that goon byf.

Anyway thats my last post on this thread.

Keep the Faith.

:albion:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mouldy, sorry I feel a bit of a c*nt now as Dean is a bloody good fella but I am just incredibly frustrated and my lover McGhee has left me. I will try and refrain from venting my spleen on here so much in the future, maybe I need some kind of therapy, I watched that Stephen Fry documentary recently and thought " feck me thats me ".

Up the Albion
:clap:

Albion Rob

It certainly doesn't seem to be working at the moment but it could well be "the toughest job in football".

When we were on our way up, we were able to attract players becuase the perception of the club was somewhere players would get a chance because we didn't have the budget to replace them if they were playing badly. This probably helped players like Nathan Jones as they could get on with their football.

No it's gone the other way, players know they'll be joining a weak squad, that the club hasn't got a pot to piss in and that the club is really struggling - they're surely not stupid and surely do their research. Consequently we're struggling to attract decent players.

Ideally, we need a manager who will be able to call in contacts and get us a couple of loan players. McGhee couldn't really do that (although he had a great success with McShane) and Wilkins may also not be able to do it.

But then there's the problem that's we'd struggle to attract that sort of manager at the moment.

It's not looking good, is it?

I'd say give Wilking three or four more games and if performances AND results are still poor then DK is going to need to be a lot more ruthless than he was with McGhee and is going to need to get rid and work bloody hard to get someone in who can do the job with what is available.

Rougvie said:
Having a personal mouthpiece at the Argus did him no favours at all in the end, Naylor was reigned in a bit when he started flaming the Blooms but week after week of public critisism of players, and bizarre excuses on a Monday left a lot of people with the opinion that he wasn't really doing that good a job.

No one will ever know the damage that Naylor did to McGhee's career, but I suspect that the very personal attack on the Blooms was going to ensure that relations with the board were always going to be strained, and at a club that relies on its directors to pay bills and plug holes, thats never going to be an ideal situation, the manager can never be 'bigger' than the directors, thats just common sense.

I've remained relatively consistant in saying that he dealt with the clique in the best way possible under the circumstances, but performances did not reflect that an average side were motivated under his leadership.

What personal attack on the Blooms are you talking about?

All Naylor did was reveal that Tony Bloom was leading a plot to oust McGhee. This was 100% true - no one denied that.

Are you seriously putting forward the view that this was not a legitimate subject for a reporter writing about the Albion to cover?

Would you have the vast majority of fans left in complete ignorance about the power games happening at the top of the club?

It's the oldest trick in the world to shoot the messenger rather than deal seriously with what is actually happening!

It's amusing that people think Naylor was doing his job badly by having McGhee as a close contact. Naylor also had Leon Knight as a close contact and most if the stuff Albion fans learnt about Knight's view of the world was through Naylor's interviews, right up into the very end when we learnt of Leon's transfer request in the Argus. Does this mean Naylor was in Leon Knight's pocket then? :)

No, it's called journalism.

Uncle Spielberg said:
Was that all, it felt like 6 years :rolleyes:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
What personal attack on the Blooms are you talking about?

Question marks over Tony Bloom including how he made his money, little references to the Archer years, innuedo here and there about their credibility, Naylor used his 'impartial' status to push McGhee's agenda, not life threatening, but pretty dumb in that climate, anyway lets not argue tediously like we did 4 months ago, I wont change my opinions of people that members of my family have known for almost 40 years, just like I am sure you wouldnt.

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
Deano keeps going on about the players "sticking to the plan" they are either no good at listening or just not good enough in depth, personally I think it's the latter. Dick Knight needs to spend money to strenghthen the squad now before it's too late and we face a Hinshelwood scenario. I am losing faith with the current set up and am fed up with not hearing anything from the board about what they plan to do to help this diabolical state of affairs. f***ing annoys me :censored:

Rougvie said:
Question marks over Tony Bloom including how he made his money, little references to the Archer years, innuedo here and there about their credibility, Naylor used his 'impartial' status to push McGhee's agenda, not life threatening, but pretty dumb in that climate, anyway lets not argue tediously like we did 4 months ago, I wont change my opinions of people that members of my family have known for almost 40 years, just like I am sure you wouldnt.

No, don't want a tedious argument - just genuinely interested in why you are reacting so negatively to what appears to me legitimate reporting :)

How Bloom made his money is a perfectly reasonable question, discussed a lot on here too, it's interesting knowing where the money coming into the Albion is coming from. Was there reference to his uncle's role in the Archer years? Well, can't remember but if so, very mild I would have thought, the criticism of him was just on NSC. Innuendo - yes, there was a reference to the Albion players referring to the Bloom brothers as the Dangerous Brothers :D but that's the kind of background interesting "colour" news editors desperately want from reporters.

Naylor pushing McGhee's agenda - well, yes, he went on record saying he shouldn't have been sacked. Again, I think Naylor has a right to form a view on this given all the games he sees and the inside info that gets to him.

For me, Andy Naylor taking an independent view on this from the board and, eventually, Dick Knight, shows that he remains an independent watchdog voice every bit now than when he was uncovering the worst scandals and abuses of the Archer-Stanley years.

He was unpopular then with Archer, my guess he is probably not popular with the current board either. That's a healthy situation. Argus readers know they are not going to get any spin from the board in the Argus' columns, but an independent view not beholden to those in charge.

I can understand why you might not agree with Naylor or even like him because in the end he reached different conclusions on McGhee than you. But to deny that he had the right to cover that fascinating piece of board infighting is not right, every journalist worth their salt would have got stuck in. If the Blooms felt misrepresented, they should have contacted the Argus sooner to get their side across. And, in fact, isn't that what they eventually did, with the Argus carrying a very long and fascinating interview with Tony Bloom.

If McGhee got his side of the story across first to Naylor, then more fool Bloom I say, get the public relations right next time Lizard!

Last edited:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Uncle Spielberg said:
We are in this position because D blockers forced McGhee out.

But its NSC that influence every decision at this club because they always know best!

D Block sadly IMHO clapped McGhee to the dugout every game. It was tossers coming down from the end blocks that stood behind the dug out and gave him abuse. We abused those idiots abusing him.

Get your facts right, oh hang on that has never stopped f***ing stupis idiots like you in the past.

We are shite because McGhee ruined every players confidence, couldnt get on with many players, and failed miserably to create a team spirit on the pitch that would help us now in these difficult teams. This will be a McGhee XI until Wilkins has had 12 months in charge, much like the McGhee promotion team was not his side, but the one he inherited.

I am glad McGhee has gone and have every confidence that Wilkins will turn it round and we will finish mid table!

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
You can point to all kinds of rationalisations as to why more people were willing to hand over money to our ticket office in McGhee's post-relegation season than there were in Coppell's. The bottom line is, more people DID hand over their money.

Now, at issue here is whether people were "voting with the feet" against McGhee.

There is simply no evidence of such a "vote" while he was manager here.

But there certainly is a massive one going on now!

But as those rationalisations do not fit your agenda, they will be ignored by you.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mr Blobby said:
But its NSC that influence every decision at this club because they always know best!

D Block sadly IMHO clapped McGhee to the dugout every game. It was tossers coming down from the end blocks that stood behind the dug out and gave him abuse. We abused those idiots abusing him.

Get your facts right, oh hang on that has never stopped f***ing stupis idiots like you in the past.

We are shite because McGhee ruined every players confidence, couldnt get on with many players, and failed miserably to create a team spirit on the pitch that would help us now in these difficult teams. This will be a McGhee XI until Wilkins has had 12 months in charge, much like the McGhee promotion team was not his side, but the one he inherited.

I am glad McGhee has gone and have every confidence that Wilkins will turn it round and we will finish mid table!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Fantastic post Mark

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here