Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wii

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
bought a new Wii on saturday while shopping in Horsham....

..oh my days i cant believe i didn't junp on this wagon ages ago - what a pukka system! :)

Got the sports package, driver, and Mario olympics... love it.

cant find the f***ing Wii fit game (outside ebays stupid prices) or Mario Kart but i have put my name down on the waiting lists!

........how do other games work that arent throwing/bowling kinda game - like football (PES etc) - do you just press buttons like on playstation or can you still be "interactive"?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is high on my wish list at the moment.

*fingers crossed for a good salary review / bonus in teh next few weeks*

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Got mine last week with pro evo which is a top game once you get head round the controls. Still can't believe can work up a sweat playing games or boxing to be more precise. Just waiting on mario kart and then wii fit and all good

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Got mine last week with pro evo which is a top game once you get head round the controls. Still can't believe can work up a sweat playing games or boxing to be more precise. Just waiting on mario kart and then wii fit and all good

how do you play Pro Evo ? do you actually move the remote around or just use the buttons?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
how do you play Pro Evo ? do you actually move the remote around or just use the buttons?

It certainly takes a bit of getting used to but once you get to grips with it, it feels far more natural and fluent than any other football game. Forget every other football game you've ever played, it is completely different.

Your left hand has the nunchuk, which you jerk left or right for a shot (or a tackle if you're holding one of the buttons). Your left thumb on the little joystick controls your players direction in a close dribble. Your right hand has the Wii remote, and you basically drag your players in the direction you want them to run in, whilst at the same time pinpointing around the screen / pitch where you want them to play the ball. Almost like pointing and clicking with a mouse. It sounds complex but its actually very simple and works beautifully. You can really exploit the space on the pitch, play some delicious raking passes into the path of your players, it just works brilliantly.

Its good fun online as well, but prepare to have your arse kicked by some MUSTARD players. You never know how good your opponents going to be till you kick off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You won't regret it ! Bloody brilliant for those drunken evenings when your mates come round.
That's what happened to me on Wednesday. 5 a side football, second half of the friendly in the pub, cheeky curry and all rounded off by an hour of Wii action until 2am :clap2:

The wii is QUALLA. I snared a copy of Mario and Sonic at the Olympics last Sunday, along with an extra nunchuck - and the kids love it. Sorely tempted to purchase Mariokart now...

Edit: and after Easy's recommendation, PES.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All this talk about Mario Kart, I have had mine on order since the 5th of May, and still no sight of it, does anyone know if they are in stock anywhere?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mario Kart is the bollocks. So much fun its just bloody ridiculous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All this talk about Mario Kart, I have had mine on order since the 5th of May, and still no sight of it, does anyone know if they are in stock anywhere?

Got mine off Ebay.
Little tip for you - try slightly miss-spelling it. I put in Mario Cart and it came up with one that hadn't had any bids. Ended up getting it brand new for £29 (it should be £35).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Got mine off Ebay.
Little tip for you - try slightly miss-spelling it. I put in Mario Cart and it came up with one that hadn't had any bids. Ended up getting it brand new for £29 (it should be £35).
Spot on. I have a chum who deliberately mis-spelt "Sash windows" on ebay as "sach windows" and found a set of four with no bids. Needless to say, he won the auction, then used two of them before flogging the remaining two for the same price as he bought the four.

Job done. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spot on. I have a chum who deliberately mis-spelt "Sash windows" on ebay as "sach windows" and found a set of four with no bids. Needless to say, he won the auction, then used two of them before flogging the remaining two for the same price as he bought the four.

Job done. :thumbsup:

Gotta LOVE those dyslexic sellers eh ?

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here