Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wii

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Pray tell me how you spin and lob at the tennis.
Do you need to push a button (like button A when pitching at baseball) or is just a case of wiggling the control around???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Do you need to push a button (like button A when pitching at baseball) or is just a case of wiggling the control around???

WHAT.....you push A when pitching - f*** me i didnt know that - gotta fire it up tonight and have a blast.

my misses' mates just lent us World Darts and WWF (i HATE wrestling but might be a larf!)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
WHAT.....you push A when pitching - f*** me i didnt know that - gotta fire it up tonight and have a blast.

my misses' mates just lent us World Darts and WWF (i HATE wrestling but might be a larf!)

Wii baseball - quality game. It does help to know the rules, especially when pitching. "A" curves it one way, "B" bends it the other, and pressing both together makes it a splitter. Don't forget you can also change direction of the pitch by moving using the arrow keys before you pitch.

At least 3 of my mates have asked me whether I've ever hit a splitter, not realising that you're supposed to "pick" them and leave well alone! :D

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The spin is all in the wrist, so to speak ;).

Lobbing I just sort of do without ever having really worked it out - guess the closest I could describe is to use the remote to lob as though it was a real racket. Only ever managed to get the baseline player to do it though.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I have found that since learning all the tricks of the trade when pitching at baseball has led to a load of 0-0 bore draws which is a shame. I enjoy playing the computer with home runs galore !!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sorry, I meant the leaping / smashing function, not lobbing! :blush:

Lobbing you do roughly the same as the real game (sort of).

I look bloody daft doing it but ..... do it for real and it seems to translate well on the screen - this one I can only get the front player to do it. Make sure there's no light fitting above you though - f**king hurts :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
is there a secret to batting too or is that just swing and hope>?
Sort of. Quite similar to the real thing. As you get better, you want to get the pitcher tired out, which is when he starts chucking easy ones.

The best way to tire out the pitcher is to pick the "balls" and leave them alone. Balls are like wides in cricket - the ones that are outside the valid hitting zone. If he pitches 4 balls, you get to walk to first base. Sliders can be tricky to pick, because they look like fast balls but then just drop away.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At the moment it says Game has stock of Mario kart.

Nice work. Pre-ordered it, but late on, and never turned up so cancelled the order and expected to pick it up locally but then the rush hit.

Ordered it from Game earlier on the back of that post above and it's en route to me already. Cheers!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never known a game as scarce as Mario Kart. Its been an utter utter bastard to get hold of for about two months now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here