Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wii (GEEK thread)

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
May I recommend Zack and Wiki - just came out yesterday, don't be put off by the name or cartoony graphics, most inventive use of the wii controls yet. Up there with the top few games on Wii so far IMO.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I bought Zack & Wiki this lunchtime for a surprisingly low £29.99 from a little independent games shop. Looking forward to playing it tonight.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an aside - quick question for anyone with a Wii. How reliable is it at loading ?

Mines ok MOST of the time, but occassionally the sound of the disk loading is more audible then usual, and then an error message comes up. It doesn't happen often enough for it to be a real problem, but I did think about taking it back at one point.

My theory ? I don't think discs like being vertical. I had a similar problem with my old PS2, which actually ended up scouring the disks when I had it up on its end, but was absolutely fine when it was laid flat, so I always lay it flat now. I still have the Wii up on its end though, cos it just fits nicely next to my TV that way, but I do get the occasional loadnig error.

Anyone else ?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Has anyone got Eledees yet? I know i kep banging on about it, but it's really fun!

we have it. the daughter likes it very much.

i treated us to zack and wiki we all like it enough, but mario galaxy is still the firm favourite here.

easy we have never had a loading problem but we have our wii laying down flat as it just fits in nicely that way.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
As an aside - quick question for anyone with a Wii. How reliable is it at loading ?

Mines ok MOST of the time, but occassionally the sound of the disk loading is more audible then usual, and then an error message comes up. It doesn't happen often enough for it to be a real problem, but I did think about taking it back at one point.

My theory ? I don't think discs like being vertical. I had a similar problem with my old PS2, which actually ended up scouring the disks when I had it up on its end, but was absolutely fine when it was laid flat, so I always lay it flat now. I still have the Wii up on its end though, cos it just fits nicely next to my TV that way, but I do get the occasional loading error.

Anyone else ?

Hmm - must say mine has been vertical since the day I bought it and never had any errors.. Mine plays burnt backups as well, which really should be more susceptible to disc read errors - but I've never had any.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its only the odd occasion it happens so I won't bother kicking off unless it starts happening more frequently.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm still playing catch up, can't buy a wii for love nor money (well not sensible money) anyone know when they are starting to ship these out properly again?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I got ours from HMV - they were quite happy to tell me they were taking the moral high ground and not insisting on a 3-5 game package. £179 for the basic.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Mario Kart is out later this year, and get the gun it is so much easier to play then the remote. I've been playing Wii Sports, around my missus house. The new boxing gloves arrived for it today straight from USA. My first go was a first round knockout!

WII! WII! WII!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here