Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wii (GEEK thread)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes Wii is top notch - Tiger 08 is good and has a long lifespan in carrer mode. Got M & S at Olympics for Xmas which is good... BUT most imporantly coming out soon is...

PDC DARTS 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8th Feb they reckon - gotta be worth a purchase at £30!!!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
If it's even half as good as the original was, Nights: Journey of Dreams will be one of the games of the year.

NO WAY

I was not informed of this but a quick Wikipedia confirms that this is for real. ELEVEN long years I have waited for a sequel to this truly beautiful game. I have a Saturn with the special controller and just this ONE game which I recently discovered is actually worth a few bob but I could NEVER sell it.

NiGHTS, on my Wii. Could life get any better?

You've just made my 2008

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NO WAY

I was not informed of this but a quick Wikipedia confirms that this is for real. ELEVEN long years I have waited for a sequel to this truly beautiful game. I have a Saturn with the special controller and just this ONE game which I recently discovered is actually worth a few bob but I could NEVER sell it.

NiGHTS, on my Wii. Could life get any better?

You've just made my 2008

Already released in North America. Reviews seem to rate is as decent enough but not outstanding.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Oh my god oh my god oh my god it's out in 4 days

WHY did I bother buying my housemate a birthday present? WHY WHY WHY?

WHERE am I going to find the money for this, the most important purchase of my entire life?

Oh SHIT SHIT SHIT I want this NOW

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f***ing HELL that Resident Evil 4 is WORLD CLASS
Soiled myself twice last night. GENIUS !

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Yes Wii is top notch - Tiger 08 is good and has a long lifespan in carrer mode. Got M & S at Olympics for Xmas which is good... BUT most imporantly coming out soon is...

PDC DARTS 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8th Feb they reckon - gotta be worth a purchase at £30!!!

£ 26.99 from Play.com :cool:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Just purchased one (for my daughters birthday!) and need to know what else you need.

It comes with a control and Sports, do you need another controller, what are the nunchuck things etc.

I await advice with credit card in hand!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just purchased one (for my daughters birthday!) and need to know what else you need.

It comes with a control and Sports, do you need another controller, what are the nunchuck things etc.

I await advice with credit card in hand!

Yeah - you probably need another Wiimote, and possibly another nunchuk. I've got 2 Wiimotes and not bothered with a second nunchuk yet.

Ideally, pick up Wii Play which is a series of little mini games that comes with another controller. It only costs about a fiver more than the controller itself so makes sense financially.

The problem you'll probably find is that controllers and Wii Play were like gold dust before Christmas and I'd imagine there is still a lot of new users eager to get their hands on them. If you see one - snap it up!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
So do you have tohave these nunchucks?

Wii play and controller is £50 on ebay, is that over the top?

What about chargers and these sports set with rackets etc?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
You only need two nunchucks if you want to do two player boxing or something similar but you definitely need two wii remotes.

The remotes take normal AA batteries I am still running on the first set since christmas so I shouldn't worry too much about chargers and the sports sets are just added extras and not essential at all.

Oh and wii play should be between 35 and 40 quid really.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
You get one remote and one nunchuk as standard.

If you can get another Remote (ideally with Wii play) then DO IT, but don't pay over the odds on eBay.

The chargers would be useful to be fair. I go through batteries quicker than Newcastle get through managers. But as long as you've got a pack of spares saved up somewhere for when they do wear out you'll be fine for the time being.

As tinx said, the only thing you're likely to need two nunchuks for is Wii Sports Boxing or if you get the new Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. But even then you can still enjoy a lot of the events multiplayer without.

Just 3 days til NiGHTS. I am selling anything I can find in my house that doesn't belong to someone else in order to fund this on Friday

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am going to try and purchase a Wii when I'm in Boston this weekend.

Apart from the obvious plug difference, is there anything else I should be wary of before buying? e.g. does the Wii play DVDs in all locales? Are the games region specific etc?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
1. Wii's don't play DVD's
2. A US Wii won't play UK games

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
The chargers would be useful to be fair. I go through batteries quicker than Newcastle get through managers. But as long as you've got a pack of spares saved up somewhere for when they do wear out you'll be fine for the time being.

You can buy remote chargers on play.com and on zavvi which are pretty cheap, and im sure work out cheaper in the long run!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here