Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wii (GEEK thread)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hear their Keep Fit game comes out soon. The mind boggles.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I've also got my Wii with me in France, along with Wii Sports, Resident Evil 4, Mario Charged Soccer, Thrillville and Endless Ocean. Waiting for my brother to eventually send me Super Mario Galaxy for my belated Xmas present.

Obviously RE4 is class, as has been mentioned..

Thrillville was quite entertaining for a couple of days - it's kinda like a Theme Park game where you have to achieve certain objectives in different styles of park to finally thwart the rival corporation who are trying to sabotage your own parks. The best part of the game is that it has a LOAD of mini-games all the way through, using the Wiimotes in different ways. And once you've played the mini-games, it unlocks them for 'party play' so you can just play the games with your mates. Loads of driving games, beat 'em ups, mini-golf, WW2 flying sims.. lotsa fun.

The other one is Endless Ocean. I've not played that a whole lot, but it's basically a scuba-diving game in which you're based in an ocean and get various objectives to achieve - whether it's to find a certain fish in a certain place, or explore a particular underground cave system. It's very chilled out and easy to play for any age, and if a mate has the game, you can both go online to 'dive' together..

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I LOVE the bowling. Best of 272 but can't beat it which is MIFFING me right off...

The big question SURELY is when the RUDDY hell are they going to bring out a CRICKET game?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i can't decide between an 360 and a wii at the moment, but everytime i read about how much ruddy bloody fun the wii is on here it makes me think i should definitely be plumping for one of these...

anyone got both and would go for one over the other?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Very different types of games. Wii appeals to young a old. My 50+ boss got one in over Xmas and her mother-in-law loved that she could join in. My 5 year old loved beating his 35+ year old at boxing. Non-Wii consoles don't have that.

RE4 and Super Mario Galaxy are what we have. Kids nag me to play RE4 so they can watch.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
i can't decide between an 360 and a wii at the moment, but everytime i read about how much ruddy bloody fun the wii is on here it makes me think i should definitely be plumping for one of these...

anyone got both and would go for one over the other?

I have, if its one or other id go 360, Ive got the wii for gimmic value and mario/nintendo classics etc... Cant really compete long term with 360 which has pro evo,gta4 (soon) halo, and many many more....

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We got one for christmas and get Wii play for the extra controller, my son loves the cow racing on that but basically w eplay bowling, tennis and golf on wii sports and for now that is fine. I have bought the N64 version of mario kart as well to see us through until the proper wii version comes out and will be buying Wii Fit when it comes out too. apart from that the only game that interests me is themairo and sonic at the olympics one which will probably be the next purchase.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Wii fit looks good. I have RE4 which I love. Wii Sports and Wii Play are great party games and so is Big Brain Academy. Will definitely be getting Mario Kart and I expect I'll get Mario Galaxy as well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All the wii Sports games are top drawer. And big up for the Super Mario at the Olympics which is top, top fun, especially with 4 people playing at once.

Playing 4 player doubles tennis and running the 400m in the Olympics game are my highlights so far.

Am I the only one who thinks Super Mario Galaxy is a bit overrated? There are some great "worlds" on that game but I find it a bit too complicated. For me, the beauty of the wii sports is the simplicity of the games.

And the chaps who have mentioned the CRICKET are bang on. That needs to happen, and soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here