Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why wasn't Fraser playing today?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It's comments like this which are why we are in this miss. Not critisicing the players or the team when they play badly because 'they try hard'.

Do you not think Adams tried hard? I didn't see to many people rushing to defend him when he was abused constantly throughout his time here. At the end of the day, it's the players who go out there and play the game. Managers can only do a certain amount. Football is a team game, and a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Fraser is more often than not ours, and shouldn't be in the team at all.

I'm sorry but we obviously have completely different opinions.

Maybe I didn't put my point across in the best way. It is not criticism of players performance that I am against. No-one is immune from criticism if they do not do their job well, even if they try hard. It is the personal, cowardly comments that I find so unnecessary and wrong.

Your point on Adams is correct to some extent, as yes, it is the players that have to go and do a job for the manager, but Adams, in my opinion, was not not doing his job well. He continuously played several members of our team out of position, and his tactics to me, were poor.

I also do not believe that Fraser has been our week link this season. As I said before I believe he passes and retains the ball well, and the reason we are in this mess is more due to poor defensive mistakes, positional awareness, and a lack of concentration at key moments.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You're very wrong. I have no hatred towards the players. There are just a few who simply aren't good enough for league football. To be honest I sit there most weeks in stunned silence at how bad they are - it certainly doesn't make me angry or cause me to scream and shout and abuse. I spend my money because I support the club and I believe that to appreciate the good times you have to witness the bad. Unfortunately, for a club like ours, there are a lot more bad times than good. I have accepted relegation and I'm fine with it. So for you to think I'm an angry, hate-filled individual who shouldn't be going each week is ridiculous and totally unfair. Nothing could be further from the truth. All I want is the non-league standard players removed so that maybe next season I'll spend my money on a team with ambition rather than one that does nothing but disappoint. But if they're not, I'll keep going.

I've got to be honest, this paragraph speaks for me too. That's exactly how I feel, I have no anger toward anyone, but some aren't good enough. I like Tommy Fraser, he's a passionate bloke who clearly loves this club and wants to get us out of this mess, and he's not helped by being played on the right wing. But for all his endavour and determination, he's just not good enough, that's an opinion based very strongly on fact. As I said, I have nothing against him and I like his spirit, but he's not good enough. Sadly, he's not the only one who isn't good enough. I don't think El-Abd is good enough either, or Cox. I like all 3 of those players because they care about the club and want to do the best they can. But I don't think they're good enough for league 1 football and that's where we want to be playing, at the very least.

We finished 7th last season with a strong defence, and 2 goal scoring strikers, with an organised and disciplined team being managed brilliantly well by Dean Wilkins, and for me, the only reason we finished so high is because of how well Wilkins prepared them for the matches, with the help of Ian Chapman. It's a shame how things have turned out.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I'm guessing a few of you didn't go today to understand my sarcasm. I'm aware he was on the pitch, just wondered why on earth he wasn't joining in with the game or trying to touch the little round white thing with his foot. Useless beyond belief.

On the radio they were saying he was having a good game??

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I don't think he deserves singling out for criticism on today's performance.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I don't think he deserves singling out for criticism on today's performance.

But this is The Complete Badger's thread don't forget.

He's never happier than when he's offloading some completely over the top abuse to one or other of our players. He has a track record of singling out one person for the most ridiculous and vitriolic abuse.

I'm guessing a few of you didn't go today to understand my sarcasm. I'm aware he was on the pitch, just wondered why on earth he wasn't joining in with the game or trying to touch the little round white thing with his foot. Useless beyond belief.

You're lying, sarcasm it certainly wasn't - you just got caught out as wrong and turned it into YET another moan.
That is ALL you do, moan and curl your lip at every opportunity. Just go support Chelsea.

But this is The Complete Badger's thread don't forget.

He's never happier than when he's offloading some completely over the top abuse to one or other of our players. He has a track record of singling out one person for the most ridiculous and vitriolic abuse.

And there at the bottom of the thread so far, is someone else bored out of their skull with your rubbish rabbit Complete f***ing Tadger.

Get a clue and change the record, you bore.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
And there at the bottom of the thread so far, is someone else bored out of their skull with your rubbish rabbit Complete f***ing Tadger.

Get a clue and change the record, you bore.

Harsh, but true. Funny to see how, throughout the thread, the original hate-filled ranting is toned down as a certain idiot gets completely beaten down by sense and valid argument.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You mean, everyone ganging up on someone making a valid point and saying it in a constructive and non-argumental way? And why? Because you disagree with what's being said, or because you don't like person making the comments?

I'm curious actually. I know I've not been here very long, but I'm yet to read anything by the complete badger which hasn't had thought put into it. He's obviously seen alot of football and he obviously is someone who doesn't just say things without reason. I don't agree with everything he's said, but atleast he's said it in a constructive way.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
You mean, everyone ganging up on someone making a valid point and saying it in a constructive and non-argumental way? And why? Because you disagree with what's being said, or because you don't like person making the comments?

I'm curious actually. I know I've not been here very long, but I'm yet to read anything by the complete badger which hasn't had thought put into it. He's obviously seen alot of football and he obviously is someone who doesn't just say things without reason. I don't agree with everything he's said, but atleast he's said it in a constructive way.

You think he's being CONSTRUCTIVE?

If you think his out-pourings are constructive then you need to look up the meaning of the word.

No-one's ganging up on anyone. The POINT of this place is to provoke argument and debate. One person posts one point of view and others post another. My PERSONAL opinion is that much of what TCB writes, whilst being well-written is completely DESTRUCTIVE.

Explain to me how this comment: "El Abd was also behaving like a retard for their second goal" is in any way constructive.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
i wasn't there for the game so dont know how well fraser played today, your most likely right and he had a nightmare.

however... he has probably been one of a few of our best players recently. away to luton he was excellent, and i remember a good few games at withdean recently where he has performed pretty well aswell.

the thing i dont get is, when he actually has a good game, i come on here look at the ratings and everyone says he's played shit!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You think he's being CONSTRUCTIVE?

If you think his out-pourings are constructive then you need to look up the meaning of the word.

No-one's ganging up on anyone. The POINT of this place is to provoke argument and debate. One person posts one point of view and others post another. My PERSONAL opinion is that much of what TCB writes, whilst being well-written is completely DESTRUCTIVE.

Explain to me how this comment: "El Abd was also behaving like a retard for their second goal" is in any way constructive.

Constructive criticism is perhaps a phrase I should have used. Perhaps you wouldn't agree with that, I'm not too bothered to be honest, as you say, the purpose of NSC is to provoke argument and debate. I don't like how some people choose to do that though, I don't mind saying.

I also said I didn't agree with everything he said, the El-Abd comment is something I was referring to. It did make me laugh though, and to be fair, maybe he's got a point, the defending there wasn't great.

You have been drinking mate, this is the monotone droning of the NSC Grumble Bee, the sour-grape merchant of vintners, the bitterest pill that we have to swallow - endlessly moaning and whingeing like an Alanis Morissette record that's stuck on "It's not fair to deny me of the cross I bear *click* It's not fair to deny me of the cross I bear *click*....etc"

I think the people "ganging up" here are just trying to drop the hint;

Attachments

• stop.jpg
    stop.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 114

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, yeah, I had a few in the Argyll Arms outside of Oxford Circus station. I still think TCB has made some valid points which have been ignored in the discussion/argument, and though I don't think this is fair, I know this place well enough to know it doesn't matter how valid a point you make, if people don't like the poster, they'll consider your post to be a load of crap.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

How about these little gems ? :lolol:

Some of the scum in our squad don't deserve a game at Withdean, let alone Wembley.

Why move Whing, a competant right-back, somewhere he'll play like a retard?

Get rid of this IMBECILE now. I have always thought of him as nothing other than a shit footballer, who is basically a thug being asked to do a skilful job (which he is clearly not up to). However, today brought a whole new meaning to his general ineptitude and stupidity. His actions at the final whitle are nothing short of a DISGRACE, and an insult at all us mugs who turn up to watch talentless tossers like him every week. In my opinion, he should NEVER play for the club again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here