Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why wasn't Fraser playing today?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Crap team - yes. Crap fans? No way. Whether you're referring to me or albion fans in general, you're wrong. I was there today and I've gone way past moaning at or slagging off the team at games now. I accepted relegation last week and I think this club is getting what it thoroughly deserves. I'll have a bit of a moan on here if I want, but in terms of turning up and supporting I'm nowhere near a "crap fan." If you were referring to albion fans in general then you're an even bigger joker. 2,000 there today to see a shocking team, still pulling in 6,000 at home despite the form. I think this club is f***ing BLESSED with the support it gets, because it does nothing to warrant it.

You really are a nasty, spiteful piece of work aren't you.

I'm ashamed that I support the same team as you claim to.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
You'll have to be more specific, Ian. I have just re-read the post you quoted and I see nothing "nasty" or "spiteful" in there whatsoever.

Should have used one of the other ones then.

It doesn't really matter though. You produce a constant stream of bile and hatred towards our players and I GENUINELY can't understand why you bother to spend your money on the club.

I would hate to live in your world.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I would pay good money for you to say that to his (Fraser's) face, nothing I would like more than for you to you get a nice slap across your face

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What a childish person you are Mr Badger, picking on your least favourite player for the umpteenth time this season.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Whilst Fraser had one of his lesser games the biggest waste of space was JARRETT. What was he doing? Nothing. Christ he was awful. Mcloud and Davies can also be singled out for their ineptitude. Going down with players like that? Without a doubt. God I'm pissed off.

I saw exactly the same match as you Mr MP. I thought Jarrett was coasting and Davies looked like he will never score and doesn't know how to. Total waste of time. 2nd half was run by Terry - no one got close to him - I can't remember the last time an Albion midfield dominated the midfield.

6 points from next 2 matches or we're down. Welcome to the Albion Mr Slade!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think this club is getting what it thoroughly deserves.

Who or what is the club? I would certainly say that the support is a large part of 'the club'.

I have no hatred towards the players. There are just a few who simply aren't good enough for league football.

You see that's it. You should leave it there - but you don't. If you were saying you didn't think some players were good enough for league football then, fair enough, it's an opinion.

But you don't.

You make post after post full of vicious, nasty and venomous bile. You completely ignore the fact that these players are trying to hold down a job and, in some cases, support a family. You ignore the fact that they have been selected by others to do what they are doing and told how to go about their job. They may not be good enough, but they'll be trying f***ing hard to do their very best.

Just what do you suggest these 'not good enough' players do? If you were in the same position, with a young family to support would you say "No, sorry boss, I'm not up to it. Don't pick me to play. In fact I resign, I'll go and do something else." Or would you pull on the stripes, cross that white line and give the proverbial 110%?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You're right, and that's exactly why, even though we'll get relegated, I want Slade to stay next season. If we let him use these 13 games as a chance to assess the shit we currently call our team at least he can do something about it in the summer and move a few of the non-leaguers on. If we change manager again in May then we'll end up with a repeat of the Mayo/Hart situation.
The best thing to do in that scenario would be to have fans polls to decide.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Who or what is the club? I would certainly say that the support is a large part of 'the club'.

You see that's it. You should leave it there - but you don't. If you were saying you didn't think some players were good enough for league football then, fair enough, it's an opinion.

But you don't.

You make post after post full of vicious, nasty and venomous bile. You completely ignore the fact that these players are trying to hold down a job and, in some cases, support a family. You ignore the fact that they have been selected by others to do what they are doing and told how to go about their job. They may not be good enough, but they'll be trying f***ing hard to do their very best.

Just what do you suggest these 'not good enough' players do? If you were in the same position, with a young family to support would you say "No, sorry boss, I'm not up to it. Don't pick me to play. In fact I resign, I'll go and do something else." Or would you pull on the stripes, cross that white line and give the proverbial 110%?

Agree 100%.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Meh. Shut up. You're boring. Go and buy some cake and drink some tea and ring someone you fancy and tell them they're purty.

I have to say, I seem to be getting worse and worse at observing individual performances, but as far as I could see Fraser and Davies gave everything they had today. All the players looked devastated at the end, particularly Whing. I don’t think they could have given it any more.

You might say that doesn’t matter if we’re losing, to which I agree – Mayo tries hard, but I don’t like seeing him on the pitch because I think he’s consistently shit. However, when you have grown up watching a team largely consisting of chancers and journeymen who couldn’t even be bothered to pretend they gave a toss most of the time – as I did between 1995 and 1999 – it does count for something.

I don’t think El-Abd, Fraser and several other former youth team players are better than division three players, but it’s highly f***ing pointless, cruel and above all tedious to keep moaning about them on here (I would imagine they or their friends and family care enough to look on here from time to time) when they would all clearly take a bullet train in the gonads for the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here