Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why wasn't Fraser playing today?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You're changing your story now. First of all it was that the players, by and large, are not good enough to play football at this level. In your last post you have completely changed and are saying that their performances have not been good enough.

Which of these, in general, do you think is the crux of the issue...

1. The players are not good enough.
2. The players are good enough, but their performances have not been good enough.

Because if it is 1, I stand by all I said - you're attacks are vicious and unnecessary. These blokes are doing a job, have been given instruction and do their best by that.

Of course, if you believe the issue is 2 then it invalidates pretty much everything you've said.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought he did okay considering he was not playing in his favourite position.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
fraser is not a league 1 player.at best he is blue square premier

That may be the case. But if you were employed by Brighton and Hove Albion and you were thrown a shirt and told to go and play out on the right wing, would you...

1. Pull on that shirt and go and give it your best, and continue to draw your wage.

2. Say "no thanks, I'm not good enough for this", leave the club, and take up alternative employment.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
That may be the case. But if you were employed by Brighton and Hove Albion and you were thrown a shirt and told to go and play out on the right wing, would you...

1. Pull on that shirt and go and give it your best, and continue to draw your wage.

2. Say "no thanks, I'm not good enough for this", leave the club, and take up alternative employment.

Of course I would pick Number 1 but I would expect the fans to say I was not good enough as well

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I don't think he looks totally outclassed by any means. He's still young and so I'm willing to give him more time to mature as a footballer. So yes I do rate him

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Out of interest, you say my "attacks are vicious and unnecessary" which I strongly disagree with, but why do you feel that criticism is worse when it's aimed at players who aren't good enough as opposed to those who just don't try? If the end result is nil points most Saturdays I don't really care which is the problem.

I think your particular brand of 'criticism' is completely unwarranted for the players you deem not good enough to be playing at this level.

It is not their fault they are plying their trade at this 'lofty' level. By and large they will be doing their level best. If they truly are not good enough, they will be more aware than you and, as such, trying their bollocks off to try and be good enough to retain their job, income, standard of living.

In all such cases, your criticism should be at those who have put these players where they are.

If players have the required talent and ability, it's more just to aim criticism at them directly - they can do better. (Although I personally wouldn't go to the lengths you do)

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004

What is it with this statement whcih Brighton fans seem to obsessed with. I think it's more down to the fact that some of our players are being picked, and that they've managed to somehow get new contracts.

As somebody said earlier if I was chucked an Albion shirt I'd expect the fans to tell me, and whoever picked me that I wasn't good enough.

A lot of our players will be found out when Slade starts working with them and seeing them play regularly.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I 2nd half was run by Terry - no one got close to him - I can't remember the last time an Albion midfield dominated the midfield.

Terry's run from box to box at the end of the game put our midfield to shame. I don't think one of them got in front of the strikers today.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
The people that personally slag off the players on this forum are an absolute disgrace, and aiming comments at Fraser such as 'the useless little ginger twat' is pathetic and quite simply unacceptable.

Fraser is not the most talented footballer in our squad, but he always tries his best. While he does that, I for one will never criticise him. People say he is useless but I actually think he does have some ability and generally retains the ball for us when in possession.

People sit in the stands and behind their keyboards, people who have probably never played the game and certainly don't have half the ability of anyone in our squad, and throw insults at the players when they make mistakes. Fair enough we all have a bit of a moan when mistakes are made but there is no need to personally insult anyone.

If some who post on here put as much effort into praising the team as they do moaning and slagging people off, we would be much better off.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Fraser is not the most talented footballer in our squad, but he always tries his best. While he does that, I for one will never criticise him.

It's comments like this which are why we are in this miss. Not critisicing the players or the team when they play badly because 'they try hard'.

Do you not think Adams tried hard? I didn't see to many people rushing to defend him when he was abused constantly throughout his time here. At the end of the day, it's the players who go out there and play the game. Managers can only do a certain amount. Football is a team game, and a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Fraser is more often than not ours, and shouldn't be in the team at all.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Right. I'm breaking my vow of silence.

I fecking love Tommy Fraser. Does the simple stuff well, never gets the credit due and to think he's still only 12 (or something)

He's one of the good guys at our club.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
The people that personally slag off the players on this forum are an absolute disgrace, and aiming comments at Fraser such as 'the useless little ginger twat' is pathetic and quite simply unacceptable.

Fraser is not the most talented footballer in our squad, but he always tries his best. While he does that, I for one will never criticise him. People say he is useless but I actually think he does have some ability and generally retains the ball for us when in possession.

People sit in the stands and behind their keyboards, people who have probably never played the game and certainly don't have half the ability of anyone in our squad, and throw insults at the players when they make mistakes. Fair enough we all have a bit of a moan when mistakes are made but there is no need to personally insult anyone.

If some who post on here put as much effort into praising the team as they do moaning and slagging people off, we would be much better off.

Spot on, I don't remember any of our players today who did not try. We lost and we have had a crap season- get over it, we have been here before and will probably be here again.

Earlier on this thread I posted a comment stating we had crap fans This was badly worded. Today our fans were superb, and the comment was aimed at a minority who think that personal insults and abuse of individuals both on here and at Withdean is acceptable.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't think he's good enough at this level, but in the case of today, it's the decision to once again play him on the right hand bloody side of midfield that's the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here