Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why leave early?

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
After Derby got their fourth our fans left in droves. Why? Surely that is disrespectful to the players whom are still playing. We were playing a Championship side and we were not outclassed. Had a go at the three guys in front in F Block about Row K who got up immediately shouting abuse at the players. How can you be a supporter. A watcher yes. Supporter no. Surely a supporter stays to the end and supports win or lose.

Hey I did not even go last night, Does that make me a bad supporter?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
if half the place leave early what does that tell the players.

That they were shit and should be ashamed of themselves because it's not good enough if those who pay their wages get to watch TURD for the privilege?
:jester:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's telling the team that your still behind them whatever the result,if half the place leave early what does that tell the players.

Depends how much the players play like they care. If they get well beat like they did tonight by a better team while putting in the graft then they get applauded off. If they do like they did v Port Vale last season or Stoke the season before then they can f*** RIGHT off.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
I flew in from Manila for a game once, took me 16 hours, covering three countries and i got in just in time to see Molango score 12 seconds into his debut!!

So you could have at least made the effort!!!!

Please accept my apologies, I had already decided to wash my hair last night and unfortunately the travel voucher will not operate at Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Yea, a supporter is someone who should stay to the bitter end – but a walkout by supporters during a crap game shows management how they feel and people are voting with their feet. Bit like if you’re watching a turd of a movie, do you suffer through it or do you walk out - you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My comment was not actually aimed at you but at all fans leaving. Your friend told me to F Off. I understand why some fans move to the front but on mass you can see what reaction it gets from the other posters. With regard to Brighton through and through. I have only missed one game this year home and away ( so what). The difference being that you will never hear me shout abuse or criticsm at any player. I might moan to the person next to me about so and so but not so any player could hear. My point being that we have to get behind the team and the players and I often feel that we don't. I am not talking about leaving early but at exactly the time after a goal is scored. That to me does not show support to the players.

You sound like an uber fan mate. Well done. Perhaps we should make an application for you to have the freedom of Brighton? You're an inspiration. Maybe we should wheel you out at half time rather than Peter Ward? You only whinge at your fellow fans, not the players. Are you a curtain twitcher too? Are you some kind of self appointed fans shop steward?

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
I have 45 mile drive home. At a midweek game losing 4-1 I feel I've got a good case for leaving a few minutes early to get home to my wife.

Also I have a job to go to the next morning unlike the wankers on this board who either freeload or only have to get up to go to the kindergarten.

This board sucks..."I'm a better fan then you because da da da".

f***ing well grow up!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I have 45 mile drive home. At a midweek game losing 4-1 I feel I've got a good case for leaving a few minutes early to get home to my wife.

Also I have a job to go to the next morning unlike the wankers on this board who either freeload or only have to get up to go to the kindergarten.

This board sucks..."I'm a better fan then you because da da da".

f***ing well grow up!!
FREELOAD:angry:I hope you are not reffering to me I work(ed) hard for my money I had to see a solicitor three times in August!!!

KINDERGARTEN ..................valid point:blush:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I saw Blobby leaving before the end and he is like the King of Albion fans!!!

I hold up my hand and confess to leaving my seat after 89 mins and wandering along the side of the pitch. I left the view of the pitch with only 2 mins of injury time gone so I hang my head in shame!!

All I wanted was a wee before getting the bus back to the Mithras park and ride! Next time I will stay in my seat and urinate on the row in front of me!!

Some "supporters" in Block D kept on moaning at lazy Murray, offside Murray, lazy Murray, useless Murray. Why do these wan*ers bother going? Didnt see them on Saturday, perhaps they only come to the big games!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
It's a mid-week game. Trains not that frequent, and people got work in the morning. I live just down the road so it's not an issue. But if it made the difference between waiting five minutes for a train or waiting an hour and five minutes for a train, I know which I'd choose. That's how life is. :shrug:

Good post Harkley. I leave my seat early 'ish to be well placed to get back to PPS so that I do not miss the train back to Brighton by the Thames. It can be the difference to waiting 30/45mins for a train. So whilst all the local fans are toasting thier toes in front of the fires whilst posting rants about early leavers some folks are still travellin' home. Spare a thought eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here