Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why leave early?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I recall Hiney leaving early once.

Some feeble excuse about his 7 year old mini-Hiney cathching PNEUMONIA or something...

Indeed - to my eternal SHAME I might add.

It was preferable to the fact that I would have SLAPPED him if he had carried on moaning any more.

It was WET though - Carlisle a couple of years ago.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
I hate all this shit about not leaving early. People have other things going on in their lives. There is no shame in leaving a football match a few minutes early, you shouldn't even need to justify it.

Agreed. However, staying in their seat to the final whistle while slating the people that leave just makes some people feel more loyal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed - to my eternal SHAME I might add.

It was preferable to the fact that I would have SLAPPED him if he had carried on moaning any more.

It was WET though - Carlisle a couple of years ago.

In your defence, it was SHOCKING that day. Not just very wet, but very, very cold too. I had the exact opposite situation - my littl'un was genuinely looking ILL, it was that bad, but he REFUSED to leave!

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
sums the people up on here moaning again about something pointless. if people have had enough it doesnt make em less of a fan you absolute plums.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I agree that people have every right to leave early, but I do think it's a bit, well, 'disrespectful' for want of a better word. After all people don't leave the theatre early do they? You don't go "Oh I know what happens, the butler did it, let's go now, it's pointless watching the rest." You only walk out of a theatre or a concert if it's shit - and rightly or wrongly that's the impression that the early leavers give. However the biggest problem for me is that for the last five or ten minutes you're up and down like a tart's knickers whilst people leave their seats.

But at least the early leavers did actually attend in the first place! I'm such a bad fan I didn't know the final score until this morning (I thought it was 3-1). And even now I don't know who scored our goal and at what stage in the game it came.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
People leaving early when its a belting finish is annoying but thinking of the pub when 4-1 down is quite normal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some "supporters" in Block D kept on moaning at lazy Murray, offside Murray, lazy Murray, useless Murray. Why do these wan*ers bother going? Didnt see them on Saturday, perhaps they only come to the big games!

I heard those Murray comments in D block too - these people are so bloody ignorant about football - it beggars belief sometimes.

Me too. It was this bloke sitting just to my right who was moaning throughout the WHOLE GAME about Murray.

"Yeah don't bother running for that Murray"
"No don't jump Murray, whatever you do"
"Tch, £300 grand for that" etc etc.

I got pissed off with it by the end, so said to him "What IS your problem with Murray ??"
"I just fink he's rubbish"
"Were you here on Saturday ?"
"No"
"He scored two and set up two. He's got 10 goals this season"
"So ? I'm entitled to my opinion"
"Course you are mate"

I left it at that, but once I'd chimed up, a few others turned round and were asking him if he was MAD.

AND he left before the end. :jester:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I honestly don't understand how people on here can be so up themselves. If someone wants to leave at any point during the game so what. To get all upset isjust pathetic. Get a life and let everyone else live theirs and don't worry yourself about things as petty as leaving football matches early.

Totally agree.

If I want to leave early for WHATEVER reason, that's my choice. So those of you out there moaning why people leave early........get a life, live your own life not someone else's.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Me too. It was this bloke sitting just to my right who was moaning throughout the WHOLE GAME about Murray.

"Yeah don't bother running for that Murray"
"No don't jump Murray, whatever you do"
"Tch, £300 grand for that" etc etc.

I got pissed off with it by the end, so said to him "What IS your problem with Murray ??"
"I just fink he's rubbish"
"Were you here on Saturday ?"
"No"
"He scored two and set up two. He's got 10 goals this season"
"So ? I'm entitled to my opinion"
"Course you are mate"

I left it at that, but once I'd chimed up, a few others turned round and were asking him if he was MAD.

AND he left before the end. :jester:

Did you purposely let him see your hurling hand nervously grasping the 'Tropical Coconut Cupcake' in your holster?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think it's probably acceptable to leave before the end when the team have given up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did you purposely let him see your hurling hand nervously grasping the 'Tropical Coconut Cupcake' in your holster?

I came armed with two choc-chip muffins and a minature battenburg, but we were playing so well that I decided there were no worthwhile targets, and so ended up CONSUMING my artilliary at half time.

I might just keep a cherry flapjack tucked up my sleeve next time, in case he's there again.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I came armed with two choc-chip muffins and a minature battenburg, but we were playing so well that I decided there were no worthwhile targets, and so ended up CONSUMING my artilliary at half time.

I might just keep a cherry flapjack tucked up my sleeve next time, in case he's there again.

I think that is sensible; but do be careful, RSC A&E is full of young bucks who think they are quick on the hurl. There is always someone out there who is quicker and I hear that the MURRAY OUT brigade are dead shots with Jamaican Patties!

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I think it's probably acceptable to leave before the end when the team have given up.

Is the right answer!

First time I've left early at Withers even though it was only a couple of minutes. Adams had given up ages before that with his negative substitutions. Very exciting first half, passed in a flash, but 2nd half was dire, no passion, no commitment, no belief. f*** knows what Adams said to them at half time, we were a totally different team after the break, not really worth staying for. Yes, Derby were the better team, but that's no reason to give up! In the end we were just embarrassing and I couldn't face anymore.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It's your money you've paid/wasted so therefore it should be your choice if you want to leave early, not the choice of someone in a bobblehat with a rattle.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Isn't Elder for England really annoying in her won't let anyone say anything against the club or players and everything they do is wonderful attitude. Apart from Nicky Forster.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
"Had a go at the three guys in front in F Block about Row K who got up immediately shouting abuse at the players"

My comment was not actually aimed at you but at all fans leaving. QUOTE]

Sorry, the above contradiction and your posts in general are still pissing me off, especially as none of us had a go at the players (I've checked with the other two) and i don;t want to be labelled with that. I do seem to remember your daughter bemoaning El Abd as he came on, but that's another matter altogether...

I believe your comment to us was "thanks for your support" (as I said, I didn't hear it at the time). No problem mate. At least we turned up, unlike plenty of other people on here (and I'm not having a pop at them).

Who the hell are you to judge me and my support for the Albion? What a sanctimonious load of old shite. I don't normally sit in F block and thank god for that. I didn't get the chance to tell you to f*** off last night, so I'll take that opportunity now :tosser:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Isn't Elder for England really annoying in her won't let anyone say anything against the club or players and everything they do is wonderful attitude. Apart from Nicky Forster.

Are you a sheep? Picking up on what your other little cronies say, and not just on this, in other threads I've noticed as well. You'll do far better having your own opinion in life.

But other than that, thank you for the special mention. :)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Are you a sheep? Picking up on what your other little cronies say, and not just on this, in other threads I've noticed as well. You'll do far better having your own opinion in life.

But other than that, thank you for the special mention. :)

Have you considered that it could be something to do with your constant 'holier than thou' attitude that gets on people's nerves, not to mention the fact that you come across as a bit of a pre-menstrual BINT a lot of the time?

Just a thought like

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Have you considered that it could be something to do with your constant 'holier than thou' attitude that gets on people's nerves, not to mention the fact that you come across as a bit of a pre-menstrual BINT a lot of the time?

Just a thought like

Ermm, nope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here