Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is the disgusting homophobic abuse acceptable ? - West Ham SCUM

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Am I missing irony in your post? The armed forces (UK allowed them from 2000), certain countries (iran has a death penalty for it, as do certain parts of nigeria), marriage (2005 for civil partnerships, mariage to be allowed in 2015), adoption (allowed only since 2002), donating blood (from november this year will finally be allowed) are or have all been off limits to homosexuals.

no irony, just overlooked those points, probably because they've been corrected. though to be fair homsexuals wheren't explicitly barred from marriage or adoption, but due to not meeting criteria. i cant have a civil partnership, because im not gay, nor adopt if i were single, and not donating blood really isnt the same leauge as not being able to use the front door to a buliding because of colour.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
ok, maybe not REALLY funny, but not REALLY offensive either ?

A well thought out buming song always brings a smile to my face.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be honest I find it offensive and it is no different to racist chanting in my view. People still get attacked for their sexuality, and many people still find the fear of prejudice keeping them in the closet so to speak, this I'd imagine is particularly true of professional footballers. So whilst it may seem like harmless banter for most us, for some I'd imagine it's not so harmless.

The people that need to man up are those who seem to think that somebody elses sexuality is a cause for insulting them or indeed anybody else for that matter.

I'm rarely in agreement with US these days but I feel he has a point with his anger. It's about time people realised that some people are gay and they should get over it.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Be better if Brighton fans actually had a joke back but no, no one's willing to say anything.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
IMHO tackling the problem with humour is usually the best solution. Someone recently put the words to YMCA on here as AMEX, and suggested emphasizing the "young man" bit, while pointing at the offending away fans. Gets a laugh, and will probably stop more homophobic chanting. Just my opinion like!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nobody will understand this but it is still the ultimate insult to be called a poof from the playground at school to banter with your mates. Its the one thing most men will kick off about and defend being called. Unless society changes this way of thinking then it will always be the same.

Que the comments saying 1980's etc etc but facts are facts. Not saying i agree but just way it is im afraid. Maybe in 50 years time things be different

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A-M-E-X
It's fun to play at the A-M-E-X
You can watch Gordon Greer
You can drink lots of beer
You can even pretend you're queer

Why in the name of Lesley Judd's hairy starfish have the Ultras not fired up an A-M-E-X chant? :rant:

This is truly brilliant

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its an unacceptable intolerance manifested with a particular venom from certain members of society and west ham fans with no brain cells to a minority group, but sizeable group of society, so why is this acceptable ?. It appears a young man in Scotland was tied to a lamp post, beaten to a pulp and set on fire because he was gay this week so the level and hatred of away fans and in particular the west ham scum, no other word for them, to me is a disgrace. I am not a violent Man but was close to smacking the gobshite in the mouth for which I would be the one in the wrong and with a life ban.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh and PMB started "you're f***ing curious" to the Millwall which raised a laugh as well.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Lesley Judd's hairy starfish has now left me with a mental image that I'm going to find hard to shake off for the rest of the afternoon! Cheers!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I love the homophobic abuse we get. Some people need to get a sense of humour. If offended just ignore or blow a kiss

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I very rarely swear on here (in real life I swear like a trooper!!) but............f*** ME we do have some over sensitive people on here of late!!! name calling and what I consider fun banter is nothing more than that!!

I'm sure some of you were, but I went to football in the late 60s and 70s (my hayday:) ) and name calling was not done, but quite a few knives and bottles were, name calling was the least of ones worries........now can some of us MAN UP and accept it is a football match and not a night at the ballet!!

I do expect a flaming for the above, 1) because of what I said and 2) because I am an administrator on here.....but hey....go on.......I HAVE A PAIR!!!!! :laugh:

Oh and enjoy having a go back, the large majority of what I read about me makes me laugh........:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here