Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is the disgusting homophobic abuse acceptable ? - West Ham SCUM

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Its an unacceptable intolerance manifested with a particular venom from certain members of society and west ham fans with no brain cells to a minority group, but sizeable group of society, so why is this acceptable ?. It appears a young man in Scotland was tied to a lamp post, beaten to a pulp and set on fire because he was gay this week so the level and hatred of away fans and in particular the west ham scum, no other word for them, to me is a disgrace. I am not a violent Man but was close to smacking the gobshite in the mouth for which I would be the one in the wrong and with a life ban.

You should have tied him to a lampost and beat the shit out of him. That would have taught him a lesson....

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I very rarely swear on here (in real life I swear like a trooper!!) but............f*** ME we do have some over sensitive people on here of late!!! name calling and what I consider fun banter is nothing more than that!!

I'm sure some of you were, but I went to football in the late 60s and 70s (my hayday:) ) and name calling was not done, but quite a few knives and bottles were, name calling was the least of ones worries........now can some of us MAN UP and accept it is a football match and not a night at the ballet!!

I do expect a flaming for the above, 1) because of what I said and 2) because I am an administrator on here.....but hey....go on.......I HAVE A PAIR!!!!! :laugh:

Oh and enjoy having a go back, the large majority of what I read about me makes me laugh........:)

How is

" your going home to stick your c*ck up your Boyfriends a*se, you f*cking f*ggots "

fun banter ?.

Also said in a very provactive, abusive, threatening way ?.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The joke is that the Kick Out team have said they are going toi get involved. Sorry but why not start by handing out fines to all the teams who's fans do it. It would of course mean that every team we play would have to pay.

West Ham fans though ? Thick as shit and shit as people, loath West Pork with a vengence.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did I say that ?.

by deduction, and due to your emphasis on the gay related issues, I think you did.

Surely the issue is that aggressive unintelligent uncouth language by groups of (usually) shaven headed, overweight men travelling in packs for protection/machismo is uncalled for in front of small children, and presumably why we have a family stand to reduce (but not eliminate no doubt) the opportunity for such behaviour to take place.

Bigots will ALWAYS seize upon a perceived difference between themselves and the person who they want to intimidate, whether that is race/religion or sexuality is an irrelevance, they will always find some excuse to act in the way that they do, because it is a common feature of people with low intelligence to find someone 'different' to blame for their shortcomings in life.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The abuse outside the ground was unacceptable. Why is it acceptable outside a football ground with a couple of dozen knuckledraggers when it would not be any other time ?.

Outside the ground isn't the club's responsibility. Try the nearest policeman

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
To be honest I find it offensive and it is no different to racist chanting in my view. People still get attacked for their sexuality, and many people still find the fear of prejudice keeping them in the closet so to speak, this I'd imagine is particularly true of professional footballers. So whilst it may seem like harmless banter for most us, for some I'd imagine it's not so harmless.

The people that need to man up are those who seem to think that somebody elses sexuality is a cause for insulting them or indeed anybody else for that matter.

I'm rarely in agreement with US these days but I feel he has a point with his anger. It's about time people realised that some people are gay and they should get over it.

Fundamentally, I agree.

However, the 'gay' thing is merely something on which banterists and gobby opposing fans can hang their hat when it comes to Brighton & Hove Albion. To them, it's the same hook with which Bristol City / Cardiff City as caught on with the sheepshagging, Norwich City with institutionalised incest, and so on. That's not to lessen the 'gay' issue, but do the majority who mouth off REALLY have an objection to homosexuality? Some may well do, others are merely gormless sheep.

The issue is, how do you challenge this sort of behaviour? I do believe a humorous riposte is as good a way as any to get that particular ball rolling.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
no irony, just overlooked those points, probably because they've been corrected. though to be fair homsexuals wheren't explicitly barred from marriage or adoption, but due to not meeting criteria. i cant have a civil partnership, because im not gay, nor adopt if i were single, and not donating blood really isnt the same leauge as not being able to use the front door to a buliding because of colour.

I'm not saying not being able to donate blood is the same as not being able to use the same door (though saying that, being told your blood isn't wanted because you're gay while seeing pleas for more donors because stocks are running low probably would be argued by some to be at least in the same ball park), but you presented it as if homosexuals have had no troubles, no history of society and the law treating them like crap. Until recently (most laws have only been changed in the last 11 years) they have been treated as second class citizens (and some would argue they still are to a degree), and it was written into law that this was acceptable/expected. They have also had to endure attempts to 'correct' them, with this regularly taking the form of electric shock therapy. For a time homosexuality was listed as an official mental illness.

It isn't as if the law and society has been accepting and welcoming of gay people. They aren't a group who have simply been the butt of jokes for a while. They have had to fight to be recognised in law as equals.

Civil partnerships were a compromise, they are a stepping stone to marriage equality for homosexuals, and have an inherent sense of not-quite-as-legitimate-as-marriage.
Madonna is single and has managed to adopt several times.
With a republican presidential candidate suggesting returning to 'don't ask don't tell, if you tell you're out the army', and countries where you can be killed by the state for being gay, I don't think it has been fixed, really. Our little area might be doing well in the quest to fix it, but the world as a whole isn't quite fixed, and we live in a global society these days.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I love it when US goes off on one.

Coming next week:

"Are all northerners Monkeys?"

and

"What proportion of Leeds fans actually own whippets?"

It is a legitimate thread Hiney. I was in a bad mood as it was, we lost, my favourite player, Liam Bridcutt played like absolute dog poo and I had a long walk in the rain so I did not need a bunch of twats winding me up anymore.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's because you CAN'T choose whether you are black or white
But you CAN choose to BUM men

I hope that's cleared the confusion...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Outside the ground isn't the club's responsibility. Try the nearest policeman

Is this right, anything that happens on the area outside the actual stadium is nothing to do with the club ?. I thought it would incorporate the whole area that was built on.

How is

" your going home to stick your c*ck up your Boyfriends a*se, you f*cking f*ggots "

fun banter ?.

Also said in a very provactive, abusive, threatening way ?.

You should have shouted back :-

"You should f***ing know, you're an Iron (hoof)!"

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's because you CAN'T choose whether you are black or white
But you CAN choose to BUM men

I hope that's cleared the confusion...

Incorrect, sexuality is hard wired in the brain. The same as being a complete tosser is hard wired into the brain of a west ham fan.

Oct 17, 2011
Please Please Please Please can someone explain me to me why racism is quite rightly unacceptable, any other form of abuse is unacceptable but we every week have to put up with the homophobic abuse from these knucklegraggers with IQ's of Plankton with the disgusting homophobic abuse. The management of the Amex seem very hard on every minor indisgretion threatening bans left, right and centre but just stand there and let it carry on in front of them ?. Why is there nothing mentioned in the match programme or on the tannoys that this will result in evection from the ground ?.

The abuse I and other Brighton fans walking outside the Amex from the West Ham scum had to put up with , with comments like " your going home to stick your C*ck up your Boyfriends A*se you f*ggots and other pleasantries is acceptable is it ?. If I had turned around and twatted one of them like they deseved I would be banned for life from the Amex.

Why is nothing ever done about this by BHAFC or any other club for that matter ?.

Come on BHAFC grow a pair and make a stand !.

If it offends you, stand up for yourself mate.

Dont have to whack them, just turn around and front the situation.

Bullys are cowards 9/10 times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here