Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is the disgusting homophobic abuse acceptable ? - West Ham SCUM

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
i thought west ham were the most un original . we can see you holding hands and does your boyfriend know youre here. i havent heard that much . at least come up with something funny. thing is we need to come back with something better . youre too ugly to be gay doesnt really work .

I think "You're to ugly to be gay" is probably the best retort. Sung by all stands it would stop any further dull gay chants.

I'm gay and I don't give a ****, it don't offend me, I just find it amusing that they think it is going to offend us, we hear it ever week, BORING! *YAWNS* I was there and just had to laugh at them thinking they're being original and the 1st to sing it, bless their little cotton socks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
i'm gay and i don't give a ****, it don't offend me, i just find it amusing that they think it is going to offend us, we hear it ever week, boring! *yawns* i was there and just had to laugh at them thinking they're being original and the 1st to sing it, bless their little cotton socks.

100% this.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
After they started singing "Here for the West Ham..." I thought a response of

"Here for the gay bars, you're only here for the gay bars"

Would've been perfect but no. Or, the irony of them chanting that, then "Irons" - if you know your slang you'll know why it's amusing - was brilliant.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
After they started singing "Here for the West Ham..." I thought a response of

"Here for the gay bars, you're only here for the gay bars"

Would've been perfect but no. Or, the irony of them chanting that, then "Irons" - if you know your slang you'll know why it's amusing - was brilliant.

Very good tho a retort of "you're only here for the nightlife" is also sung and has been for many years.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
by deduction, and due to your emphasis on the gay related issues, I think you did.

Surely the issue is that aggressive unintelligent uncouth language by groups of (usually) shaven headed, overweight men travelling in packs for protection/machismo is uncalled for in front of small children, and presumably why we have a family stand to reduce (but not eliminate no doubt) the opportunity for such behaviour to take place.

Bigots will ALWAYS seize upon a perceived difference between themselves and the person who they want to intimidate, whether that is race/religion or sexuality is an irrelevance, they will always find some excuse to act in the way that they do, because it is a common feature of people with low intelligence to find someone 'different' to blame for their shortcomings in life.

f*** of, swotty.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What someone should do is make a complaint to sky & the FA saying they heard homophobic chants on the televised match against west ham. The FA are, as we've seen, forced to investigate and you get 2 page spread in the Mail toboot. It does even have to be true, as the Bellamy incident showed.

Job done, go for it US! Do it and do them!!

1066gull

I find it despicable why people still find it acceptable to subject people to such taunts.

We are all human, all equal and love is love. We are all capable of loving anyone. Why do others think its right to decide for someone else?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What someone should do is make a complaint to sky & the FA saying they heard homophobic chants on the televised match against west ham. The FA are, as we've seen, forced to investigate and you get 2 page spread in the Mail toboot. It does even have to be true, as the Bellamy incident showed.

Job done, go for it US! Do it and do them!!

I might just do it. They will have the evidence on the film. Even if it only makes a stand and gets West Ham a fine it would be well worth it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I might just do it. They will have the evidence on the film. Even if it only makes a stand and gets West Ham a fine it would be well worth it.

We'd all back you. It's not acceptable and shows the double-standards football has, from Blatter downwards through to the FA and sadly, our own club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

How would you prove that either "We can see you holding hands" or "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" were intended as gay taunts?

Is holding hands the exclusive preserve of the gay community? Do none of the LADIES in the ground have boyfriends?....

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think someone needs to make a stand as our own club have been woefully lacking. Its just offensive, incredibly irritating and must come under the incitement rules.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How would you prove that either "We can see you holding hands" or "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" were intended as gay taunts?

Is holding hands the exclusive preserve of the gay community? Do none of the LADIES in the ground have boyfriends?....

There were chants at the start far more graphic that can leave no doubt as to their homophobia.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Basically we have moved on, thank God, from the 1970's when people used to throw Banana's on the pitch when a Black Man was playing so in the 21st century it is incredible to me, this sort of mindless and often threatening abuse is allowed to carry on. The away fans do it, to provoke an incident and the abuse on the way out was likely to lead in a major public disturbance imo.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What were they? the two I've quoted are the only two I heard IN the ground.

(there were FAR worse - HIV, etc - at Millwall)

graphic insulting discriptions of the act of Gay male sex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here