Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is the disgusting homophobic abuse acceptable ? - West Ham SCUM

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I don't find it offensive but I find it pathetic, and it should be treated the same way as Racism.

Would this be the same as Brighton fans calling Cardiff fans sheep shaggers. It's football for fu cks sake, get over it. Uncle Spielberg (the original thread starter) has this huge problem with West ham because he was beaten up outside the Boleyn in around 1930

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Would this be the same as Brighton fans calling Cardiff fans sheep shaggers. It's football for fu cks sake, get over it. Uncle Spielberg (the original thread starter) has this huge problem with West ham because he was beaten up outside the Boleyn in around 1930

No, not in my opinion.

You don't actually see Welsh people shagging sheep now and then do you? But what you do get is gay and lesbians who find it offensive. As I said I don't find it offensive but I find it pathetic.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

To be fair to US, I think he has a problem with West Ham fans because they acted like morons on Monday night.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Imo any gay chants inside the ground is banter,outside the ground it is done to incite or cause trouble,tbh the best thing to do is ignore it unless you want the hassle of a punch up.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I celebrated National Potato Week a while back. I wonder if i'd join in so much with National Arseless Trousers Week, with a game at the AMEX in an approaching summer month endorsing the unnecessariness of buttock concealment in the modern age. I'd probably cut an old pair of trousers up and velcro the butt-flaps back on, yanking one free for every goal we scored that day (i'd wear a lot of t-shirts if i was making the pledge to strip slightly at the sight of any net-bulging activity).

I get most perplexed by the intended viciousness of those singing such a song in our direction. The Palace goons were hollering at us in their hundred at Brighton station and i was simply uninsulted by it, so couldn't understand why they sang it so loudly and as if i may be dismayed by it. It seems to add more enjoyment to their choral venom to act is if we might be hurt or have no antidote in the form of intelligence.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
statistics don't work on the average football match, for example how many black guys do you see at the match as opposed to how many you see walking down Western Rd

Exactly . If it was 2,500 watching strictly come dancing live then 156 would be more believable . 156 gay hammers fans , absolutely 0 % that's the case . I would say 2 or 3 tops but easily could be none at all . Bha prob has higher proportion then any other club

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I celebrated National Potato Week a while back. I wonder if i'd join in so much with National Arseless Trousers Week, with a game at the AMEX in an approaching summer month endorsing the unnecessariness of buttock concealment in the modern age. I'd probably cut an old pair of trousers up and velcro the butt-flaps back on, yanking one free for every goal we scored that day (i'd wear a lot of t-shirts if i was making the pledge to strip slightly at the sight of any net-bulging activity).

I get most perplexed by the intended viciousness of those singing such a song in our direction. The Palace goons were hollering at us in their hundred at Brighton station and i was simply uninsulted by it, so couldn't understand why they sang it so loudly and as if i may be dismayed by it. It seems to add more enjoyment to their choral venom to act is if we might be hurt or have no antidote in the form of intelligence.
Quite right, someone asking (well shouting) if I take it up the bum would be met with a shrug and a no. Each to their own though, I expect those palace and west hammers on the pull in our town would find a willing recipient or indeed giver if they asked enough people.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Please Please Please Please can someone explain me to me why racism is quite rightly unacceptable, any other form of abuse is unacceptable but we every week have to put up with the homophobic abuse from these knucklegraggers with IQ's of Plankton with the disgusting homophobic abuse. The management of the Amex seem very hard on every minor indisgretion threatening bans left, right and centre but just stand there and let it carry on in front of them ?. Why is there nothing mentioned in the match programme or on the tannoys that this will result in evection from the ground ?.

The abuse I and other Brighton fans walking outside the Amex from the West Ham scum had to put up with , with comments like " your going home to stick your C*ck up your Boyfriends A*se you f*ggots and other pleasantries is acceptable is it ?. If I had turned around and twatted one of them like they deseved I would be banned for life from the Amex.

Why is nothing ever done about this by BHAFC or any other club for that matter ?.

Come on BHAFC grow a pair and make a stand !.

Calm down dear.

Its about time we started singing "we'll rape you at the station.":lol:

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Whilst I appreciate some may have a problem with it, it doesnt bother me. Infact, it doesnt bother me what is said at the football anymore. Like it or not, times are changing and there is nothing that can be done. World has gone to pot so I just go to the football now and watch the game, go home and not let any of it bother me.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
West Ham call themselves the Iron...Iron is also short for Iron-hoofs...which is Cockney rhyming slang for, you've guessed it!!!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Whilst I appreciate some may have a problem with it, it doesnt bother me. Infact, it doesnt bother me what is said at the football anymore. Like it or not, times are changing and there is nothing that can be done. World has gone to pot so I just go to the football now and watch the game, go home and not let any of it bother me.
Doesn't bother me either. But we live in ridiculous times when an anonymous deaf caller can make a complaint and it gets national press. So really we ought to log this far more deserving offence in the interests of fairness and balance. Please someone just call the authorities as with Bellamy-gate and let's see what happens. For the record I am offended on my gay friends behalf. They're not bothered but I retain the right to be offended on others behalf which is the society we now operate in.

Jan 30, 2008
Please Please Please Please can someone explain me to me why racism is quite rightly unacceptable, any other form of abuse is unacceptable but we every week have to put up with the homophobic abuse from these knucklegraggers with IQ's of Plankton with the disgusting homophobic abuse. The management of the Amex seem very hard on every minor indisgretion threatening bans left, right and centre but just stand there and let it carry on in front of them ?. Why is there nothing mentioned in the match programme or on the tannoys that this will result in evection from the ground ?.

The abuse I and other Brighton fans walking outside the Amex from the West Ham scum had to put up with , with comments like " your going home to stick your C*ck up your Boyfriends A*se you f*ggots and other pleasantries is acceptable is it ?. If I had turned around and twatted one of them like they deseved I would be banned for life from the Amex.

Why is nothing ever done about this by BHAFC or any other club for that matter ?.

Come on BHAFC grow a pair and make a stand !.
you've got a new girl friend? ,you claim to be a hottie? , what's your problem? , something you aint telling us ???

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Might have already been said but...

They might call us gay, but who spent the whole game going on about blowing stuff? :rolleyes:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Incorrect, sexuality is hard wired in the brain. The same as being a complete tosser is hard wired into the brain of a west ham fan.

Now who is stereotyping?

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
How would you prove that either "We can see you holding hands" or "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" were intended as gay taunts?

Is holding hands the exclusive preserve of the gay community? Do none of the LADIES in the ground have boyfriends?....
Presumably no problem with the usual civil test, balance of probabilities etcetera. If the majority of all singing were men, must be beyond reasonable doubt that they were singing at men in singing such a chant. If they were singing at Gully's Girls it equally would be obvious. Sol Campbell got all the queer boy stick at Portsmouth from the Tottenham fans, Portsmouth complained and a police investigation was prompted as a consequence. There was CCTV available sufficient to identify some people involved. Where there's a will there's a way?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Alf Garnett was a West Ham fan, art imitating life ?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
To be fair to US, I think he has a problem with West Ham fans because they acted like morons on Monday night.

In all honesty going by his recent threads I think US has a problem with everything to do with supporting the Albion at the moment, We've had the Amex going sterile, The season over in October, And now it's homophobic abuse from away fans thats been going on for years anyway. Maybe it's time he had a break from football and took up knitting or something.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
In all honesty going by his recent threads I think US has a problem with everything to do with supporting the Albion at the moment, We've had the Amex going sterile, The season over in October, And now it's homophobic abuse from away fans thats been going on for years anyway. Maybe it's time he had a break from football and took up knitting or something.

:lolol::lolol::lolol: Personally I think he should take a sabbatical and go and hunt for Shergar.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Fairly good post but

1. The Amex in my area is sterile, infact on Monday it reached new heights when the bloke in front of me was told off and told to be quiet by the bloke in front of him when he started to shout and chant.
2. The season is over to all intents and purposes as we will not get in the play offs/promotion and will not get relegated ( hopefully ) and will win none of the cups.
3. The homophobic abuse was over and above anything I have experienced in 36 years of watching BHAFC. Just because it has been going on for ages, does that make it right ?, slavery went on for ages, throwing Banana's at Black footballers went on for ages.

The knitting idea sounds reasonable though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here