Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is the disgusting homophobic abuse acceptable ? - West Ham SCUM

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Would that be the same kids, young girls and elderly couples who had had to listen to the north stand chant of " You can shove your F*cking bubbles up your A*se" that was aimed at the West Ham fans during the game?
There's not a lot of difference between the 2 if you ask me.

Good job nobody asked you then, both are obscene but one is clearly aimed at a minority. However, these taunts are used to get a rise out of people, clearly it worked. Best thing is to just ignore them, these sort or morons are of the same mentality as football hooligans of yesteryear who got a rise out of their acts of violence being publicised in the media. To have them pilloried in the media for homophobic chanting will give them a real hard on.

Worth remembering that a lot of real homophobes are actually in the closet as they are too scared to admit their true sexual orientation.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good job nobody asked you then, both are obscene but one is clearly aimed at a minority. However, these taunts are used to get a rise out of people, clearly it worked. Best thing is to just ignore them,

Personally none of it bothers me I've been around football long enough not to rise to any of it but what i'm trying to get at is it's pointless crying about things West Ham fans are supposed to have said when our own fans were chanting something similar during the game ( which I joined in with )

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Would that be the same kids, young girls and elderly couples who had had to listen to the north stand chant of " You can shove your F*cking bubbles up your A*se" that was aimed at the West Ham fans during the game?

Depends, if those kids and elderly couples were sat anywhere near me (north end of wsl) they wouldn't have heard that chant. I didn't.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
After sitting having a good chat with some very decent fans I got called a queer by one Wet Spam fan at East Croydon (to be fair some people say I look a little bit teapot), when I said to them I’m not even from Brighton so that stereotype doesn’t wash his response was ‘yeah but you still like cock’ Now I know his retort was far from witty but I couldn’t help but laugh a little bit.

I must admit homophobia directed at me doesn’t annoy me in the slightest but I might feel a bit different if I was in US position with young children.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I think there's a world of difference between a group of cretins outside a football ground shouting "you're going home to stick your C*ck up your Boyfriends A*se you f*cking f*ggots" - & the metaphorical chant of others taking it upon themselves to stick bubbles up there own backsides. It's about time they had a few Coppers about outside the away end upholding the law & nicking these gobshites for Homophobic Abuse & Incitement. I - for one - am sick of witnessing this kind of shit at football. Enough already.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think there's a world of difference between a group of cretins outside a football ground shouting "you're going home to stick your C*ck up your Boyfriends A*se you f*cking f*ggots" - & the metaphorical chant of others taking it upon themselves to stick bubbles up there own backsides. It's about time they had a few Coppers about outside the away end upholding the law & nicking these gobshites for Homophobic Abuse & Incitement. I - for one - am sick of witnessing this kind of shit at football. Enough already.

Well there's not that much difference it's still about sticking things up your bum.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I find it funny and part of football banter - you should expect this supporting Brighton

If it was full blown racism against certain fans it would be unacceptable but it's just a general trend against all people from Brighton because Brighton is the gay capital of England.

It should not be treated the same way as racism, this is just stereotypical. Racism is much, much worse.

If you don't like it, you can always sing something back....

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Is it possible to stick bubbles up your arse? Wouldn't they pop.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Agree muchly!

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
I would do this if I felt the BHAFC fans / NSC backed me but I don't think overall they do, so I may leave it.

I for one would support you on this...come on-have said this several times on nsc-why not make a massive name for ourselves by being the first?think of the message this would send out to the rest?

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
Have we heard any comment from any gay supporters?

Although we're the only club affected by homophobic chants, homophobia is rife in football, all the way down to a grass-roots level. Brighton could make a stand on this.

For any progressive minds, worth reminding yourself of this by Martin Niemoller

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Who gives a shit? They think it's banter, we know it's wank. Perhaps if we won some f***ing games people wouldn't be so quick to rip into us.

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
Who gives a shit? They think it's banter, we know it's wank. Perhaps if we won some f***ing games people wouldn't be so quick to rip into us.

You're a smart chap aren't you. This forum has a base (I do hope a minority) of the mindless thickos who spout out the sort of nonsense as those homophobic West Ham fans!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You're a smart chap aren't you. This forum has a base (I do hope a minority) of the mindless thickos who spout out the sort of nonsense as those homophobic West Ham fans!

If you ever see me spout out anything homophobic on this board or anywhere else for that matter please point it out. It's no different to nearly everyone on here calling palace pikey scum. Now, stop being such a bender, put yer knickers back on and make us a cup of tea flowerpot xx

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm away with work at the mo' but I must admit that I will more than likely get into some sort of trouble outside the ground one day. I find it quite difficult to take shit off some lairy twat giving it large. The urge to stick a left hander on some of these goons is overwhelming, but I need to work so I bite my lip & walk on by. After the Gillingham game there were these type of low lifes giving it all the usual stuff, I just wanted to steam into the fuckers, but you can't do that sort of thing. One of NSC's finest had a strong word & they soon shut the f*** up. My thinking is it's banter inside the ground; outside it's confrontation & a reaction they're after. My concern is that the urge to provide both is really strong just after a game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Have we heard any comment from any gay supporters?

There is a gay poster on this board and has commented also have a read thru the thread and you will see what a couple of mine and PMB gay mates think of it all.

Nutshell: Am I BOVVERED

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here