Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have you removed these questions?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
lost in london said:
The tone of your question lumped you into the same category as people who moan about dick tight. They tend to get a rather short shrift around here.

I've read your posts on brightonfans.com and know you are just another whinger never happy with anything. I'm bored with whingers, mainly because it's so easy to whinge and not so easy to get off your ass and do something constructive. You will say that there is nothing wrong with questioning the decisions of the directors so I will therefore paraphrase an Easy 10 post ages ago (it's on NSC Gold) and say - Who would you recommend replace this board if you are so unhappy with them?

accountability is all thats being asked for - its not sack the board

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The Auditor said:
and Sunderland !

Make yourself known to a few peeps, we can meet and have a beer and chew the fat on your views of the club.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Auditor said:
accountability is all thats being asked for - its not sack the board

Its nothing personal squire, but no one likes auditors, you should know that by now:p

looney said:
Its a clique orientated board. Make your alliances and fight your patch, thats how it works here.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

And who, pray, feature in your alliances, apart from Lord Bracknell obviously? :D

But perhaps your message is so powerful you don't need any hangers-on, I can see that :drink:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
A commercial organisation can employ who it wants and how it wants. Unlike the public sector which can get bogged down in oppressive tendering regimes.

However,you have to ensure accountability and value for money when dishing out public dosh and that's why all those checks and balances have to exist.

But the club aren't in that position and can, therefore, choose the BEST lawyer. Who might well not be the CHEAPEST.

Personally I don't care whether Jonathan Clay consumes his own weight in prawn sandwiches. But I do care about getting Falmer and I'm more than happy that the club has employed a barrister of Mr Clay's calibre. The precise terms of his engagement aren't my business - but he's a thoroughly decent bloke and the commitment he's shown to the job certainly counts as "putting something into the club" as far as I'm concerned.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
It constantly amazes me, that when we have the most honest, upstanding, ethical Board in the history of association football*, we STILL have these sort of debates!

*probably.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
roz said:
A commercial organisation can employ who it wants and how it wants. Unlike the public sector which can get bogged down in oppressive tendering regimes.

However,you have to ensure accountability and value for money when dishing out public dosh and that's why all those checks and balances have to exist.

But the club aren't in that position and can, therefore, choose the BEST lawyer. Who might well not be the CHEAPEST.

Personally I don't care whether Jonathan Clay consumes his own weight in prawn sandwiches. But I do care about getting Falmer and I'm more than happy that the club has employed a barrister of Mr Clay's calibre. The precise terms of his engagement aren't my business - but he's a thoroughly decent bloke and the commitment he's shown to the job certainly counts as "putting something into the club" as far as I'm concerned.

Fair comment - but the board are asking us to dip in our pockets again - we just want to make sure all options have been explored as things like match sponsorship dont seem to be fully sold out

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Who's 'we' surely you mean 'I' .. then again may be not. You obviously don't trust the board so why ask them .... There are other methods of finding this info out.

The trouble with your posts is that you don't sound like fans ..... more like ... dare I say it ... NIMBY's

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Deportivo Seagull said:
Who's 'we' surely you mean 'I' .. then again may be not. You obviously don't trust the board so why ask them .... There are other methods of finding this info out.

The trouble with your posts is that you don't sound like fans ..... more like ... dare I say it ... NIMBY's

Back to Nimbys again - boring !! - I've already stated I dont live near brighton (or Falmer!)
We have tried asking the board - they dont reply to letters so that why we are on here

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The Auditor said:
Back to Nimbys again - boring !! - I've already stated I dont live near brighton (or Falmer!)
We have tried asking the board - they dont reply to letters so that why we are on here

Write to the argus then.............. or the St Leonards local rag.... stop asking us for information we don't have.

If this information is so important, ask MP or DK for an official audience, i am sure a season ticket holder of long standing ( so YOU say) such as yourself would be able to be squeezed in somewhere.

Talk about footy or something if you ust continue to post.... or at least something positive to do with fundraising etc,.....

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Somerset your so full of Sh1t. See me at Crewe. Chew the fat with you and your bum bots i don't think so. You cannot see why someone who has continually supported the club has asked what the club is doing to makes sure we get everything we can out of those that are bleeding us dry. You are paranoid. The club doesn't reply and Perry will not answer when approached face to face. Brightonfans.com got as twitchy as you have (but definitely not as paranoid or abusive) and suggested that this site would be my best bet to get an answer. What a joke. You're all up each others @rses. No hauldings or advetrt in the programme beeged a question because we haven't raised enough money simple as that. But yiou have to go over the top because i havn't put enough information on my profile. Pathetic. What information would convince you. Nothing.. because you can only "chew the fat" by bullying your way and run rough shod over anyone that doesn't say the same things you say. Don't you understand anythin about democracy and making an informed choice?

Titanic said:
Who is WE ??
That's the whole point, isn't it?

"The Auditor" - acting on behalf of who? - is trying to find out information about the commercially sensitive financial affairs of the Albion. He (or, as he has now made clear, "they") have written to the Club. But the Club won't provide the information.

So he (or they) try to get hold of the information from other sources.

Nice try. But we weren't born yesterday.

Can I ask another question?

WHY ??

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
I don't know why this is going on al that St Leonards (aka The Auditor) has to do is get a precise of the Public Inquiry. He/She will then be able to see who the Club's solicitors, expert witnesses etc are.

Then get a programme from each of the last five years. In the programme he/she will find all the match sponsors, advertisers, friends of the Albion, ball sponsors etc. Compare the two lists and there's the answer.

Perhaps then come back on here and tell us that yes all of them have contributed in some way to the Club's cause.

Even looking at this year's programme will give you the yes answer.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
There is a silly amount of paranoya (sp) on this thread, at the end of the day this is a discussion board and I dont think anyone should be slated for asking questions, if no one know just say, and it will be the end of it. No need for personal insults/accusations.

What we have here is an "if ya names not down" type of situation.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
You are so paranoid that you are now saying that i am the Auditor...HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA.....

I must be a NIMBY cos even when i put down informattion about myself you don't believe me. What info could prove i'm no a NIMBY? Cos you have said "NIMBY is a state of mind".....mmmmmmmmmmmm..... So is paranoia. Unless i agree with you i must be a NIMBY! mmmmmm......... i like your thinking. So what sort of questions about the club can i ask on this site. Obviously nothing about what more can we do to raise extra funds.

Watsongooal what are you doing on this site you seem to be sane.

Last edited:

westdeneite

Jul 26, 2004
Westdene
To a degree I agree with what St. Lennards is asking.
With the club desperately seeking cash I have wondered about firms, who must be making some money out of the club, if they put anything back in.
I obviously do not know the financial agreements with any firms but as for instances the Sportsman must take a lot of dosh on match days and what about the lounge caterers. Also the clubs printers etc..
Before any one has a go at me like they have St. Lennards I will tell you that I own a small business and am going to sign up as a Friend of the Albion which will cost me more every year than the lump sum £250 being asked for. My firm has no business connections with the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here