Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have you removed these questions?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Saint Lennard said:
Thank you 3 gulls for being civil and having the common sense to try and answer my question.

As for the rest of you, If the legal fees ended up being one of the reasons for us going out of business would you still be so abusive?

Someone is making alot of money out of the club and i just wondered if they were putting anything back. Why is that so wrong?

The club wouldn't have such huge legal fees if it wasn't for the flamin NIMBY actions, if you want to blame someone blame them.............. but in view you are a NIMBY to come out with such rediculous comments and questions.................

In every case of litigation, always the only winners are the legal teams..... get into the real world...... open your eyes and make sure you don't fall into your beloved pond.....:shootself

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Solicitors are not charities - they will take what fees they can from the club (within competitive reason). They may make a token gesture to our cause, but rest assured, if they do it will be for the kudos and commercial opportunity presented.

A solicitor never does anything out of the goodness of their heart - doesnt make them bad people. It is the nature of their business.

As for your question bing removed - it was never going to be answered. If you had taken 10 seconds or so to think about it, no firm will discuss fees on an internet message board. Get a bit of common sense and stop acting indignant in the face of your own stupidity!

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
somerset said:
The club wouldn't have such huge legal fees if it wasn't for the flamin NIMBY actions, if you want to blame someone blame them.............. but in view you are a NIMBY to come out with such rediculous comments and questions.................

In every case of litigation, always the only winners are the legal teams..... get into the real world...... open your eyes and make sure you don't fall into your beloved pond.....:shootself

Nimby - living in St Leonards - suggest your knowledge of Sussex is not so great !

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
If the club aren't happy with DMH's bill at the end of all this, they can go to the Law Society. And as for how they chose DMH, it's none of your business. The club ultimately is a company like any other, get over it.

And as for asking if the law firm are putting something back into the Albion, well that is just moronic. Does a plumber do a bit of cooking and cleaning in the house he's done to say thank you for employing me?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The Auditor said:
Nimby - living in St Leonards - suggest your knowledge of Sussex is not so great !

Nimby is a state of mind, not constrained by geographical boundaries,............. and anyway you seem to come into the same category methinks..... recent joiner, nothing constructive to say......... mmmmmm

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Apologies again. I thought we were strapped for cash. I don't expect DMH to be a charity but haven't seen any evidence of us approaching them etc. Are all the games/match balls sponsored so far etc.
Just thought it would do them some good to raise their profile and be seen to be supporting us in more ways than one. They obviously don't want the publicity. Or is it a case that we don't want to ask them? Oh dear is that another awkward question. Bring on the abuse. But please no NIMBY nonsense. I want Falmer and want it as cheaply as possible. Is that controversial as well!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Personally, I would prefer the club's legal affairs to be entirely independent of any other 'relationships', either financial or commercial.

I would much rather we paid for and got the best legal advice, rather than compromised that by going to a 'fan' for help, or building a two-way financial/commercial interest with the lawyers, which could effect decision making and advice given.

Cheap is not always good news!

Last edited:

Just before anyone gets too wound up about DMH...

I have no idea whether they are the Club's solicitors.

DMH Planning have been providing planning consultancy services to the Club throughout the planning application process and the Public Inquiries.

Jonathan Clay, the barrister who has been representing the Albion at the Inquiry, is not an employee of DMH.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
somerset said:
Nimby is a state of mind, not constrained by geographical boundaries,............. and anyway you seem to come into the same category methinks..... recent joiner, nothing constructive to say......... mmmmmm

Somerset - what is wrong with the question I have asked? - Is this a fans forum or an old pals network?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
two new people have appeared recently. The Auditor and Saint Lennard.

Both asking strange "searching" questions and giving it the "holier than thou" stuff.

Any wonder why some of us are rather suspicious of their true nature.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The Auditor said:

Um he says he lives in St Leonards, I am not saying that he doesn't but it is very easy to hide who and where you are on the internet. Even if you do an IP trace it will probley not show the exact location of the person. Even then this can be forged.

Don't get me wrong I feel that you are as welcome to ask questions as anyone, but you cannot blame people for being a little suspicious when you come on here and the first thing you post is a question like that.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The Auditor said:
Somerset - what is wrong with the question I have asked? - Is this a fans forum or an old pals network?

Its a clique orientated board. Make your alliances and fight your patch, thats how it works here.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nothing wrong with cliques.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The level of Paranoia here is quite astonishing.

I have some "serious searching questions" but I decided to shut up and go with the flow as all the moneys on Falmer. The questions I have bare no relation to wether the stadium should be built but have to do with other areas of the club. These questions can wait, but why cant people ask questions?

Even if they are pretty dumb ones like the one about lawyers pay, thats not the bloodsuckers fault.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
somerset said:

So i am not being constructuive by suggesting a partner to sponsor a game or match ball or do a bot of advertising.. OK i take on board this may cause some tension but at least i suggested it. What constructive comment have you come up with. Oh i'm a NIMBY. OOh.... thats just speculation on your part because you assume that anyone who questions why an opportunity to raise a bit of cash hasn't been taken is anti Falmer. what an @sshole.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
dave the gaffer said:
two new people have appeared recently. The Auditor and Saint Lennard.

Both asking strange "searching" questions and giving it the "holier than thou" stuff.

Any wonder why some of us are rather suspicious of their true nature.

A question about a new striker "searching" - you're having a laugh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here