506236_356x237.jpg

Dont fancy yours much.
Isn't that the steward from crewe on saturday

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Shame. I thought you did well Dave.
Seconded. I'd much prefer it if Dave hosted it, to be honest.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Titanic said:
I've searched for 'Suegate' to no avail... not having listened to the phone-in recently, can anyone fill me in ??

The odd occasion I listened in, as I said on another thread, DTG seemed to realise that phone-ins are best if you ask open questions and hence elicit more than monosyllabic answers.

basically a few weeks ago, we had a surfeit of lady callers, and one in particular objected to Harty's light hearted banter with one or two of the callers preceeding her. harty started the call referring to ladies wearing bikini's etc and she basically went off on one. It was all going well, until we heard laughing in the background.

the week before at the Orienmt game, Harty had been savaged by some bloke who ripped into him about the Andy naylor article and how Harty had another agenda and was not suppotive of the board.

We put two and two together and wrongly it appears thought Sue was a plant and this was another wind up.

At this point harty got rid of her by suggesting that she should get back to her nitting and she wouldnt receive any valentine cards.

Harty has since apologised etc etc,

That is Suegate

:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man of Harveys said:
Seconded. I'd much prefer it if Dave hosted it, to be honest.

To be honest, as I said, at the risk of being labelled an arse licker, Harty is very good at what he does ( if he wasnt the BBC would have removed him long ago) he is incredibly knowledgable about the club and games and he has a very good rapport with the people who phone in.

Its a difficult act to juggle the callers, hawsey's interviews, texts, traffic info etc etc and you have to be experienced at doing it or it comes over poor ( some of the local radio shows around the country are very poor compared to SCR)

When I thought Harty was giving up last year ( as everyone did) I would have loved to have had a go, but at the time it would have been horrendous as I had no experience of anything like that.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Dave the Gaffer said:
basically a few weeks ago, we had a surfeit of lady callers, and one in particular objected to Harty's light hearted banter with one or two of the callers preceeding her. harty started the call referring to ladies wearing bikini's etc and she basically went off on one. It was all going well, until we heard laughing in the background.

the week before at the Orienmt game, Harty had been savaged by some bloke who ripped into him about the Andy naylor article and how Harty had another agenda and was not suppotive of the board.

We put two and two together and wrongly it appears thought Sue was a plant and this was another wind up.

At this point harty got rid of her by suggesting that she should get back to her nitting and she wouldnt receive any valentine cards.

Harty has since apologised etc etc,

That is Suegate

:)

I heard it, and read the comments on here afterwards. I thought there was a bit of an over-reaction about it to be honest. I often listen to John Gaunt on talk sport, and unlike Gaunty, Harty and Co always seem very friendly and eager to hear another view. Gaunty cuts people off if they disagree with him and is pretty damn rude (although I still listen, but I curse him). Long may the phone in continue. :clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Billy the Fish said:
I wouldn't worry about that, there's more arse licking on this thread than at battersea dogs home.

Great post Billy. I have to say in general you are one of the best posters on here, I really like your style.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Les Biehn said:
Great post Billy. I have to say in general you are one of the best posters on here, I really like your style.

Who needs Preparation H with Les around ? :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Titanic said:
Who needs Preparation H with Les around ? :lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: Brilliant post Titantic. You display a wit often missing from NSC. Keep up the good work fella.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
In fact I think everyone on this post is great. You guys are all brilliant posters and human beings.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd just like to say some of the banter on this page has been world class. Keep it up, excellent job.

:bowdown:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Leslie, quite simply, you ARE NSC. And NSC thanks you.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Leslie, quite simply, you ARE NSC. And NSC thanks you.

You guys:blush: MoH I wish I could say the same but I think you are actually bigger than NSC. The intelligence, wit and sophistication you bring to the board transcends mere categorisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here