Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Does Mm Get Embroiled In Slanging Match With Fans?

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
What was wrong with his substitutions yesterday?

McGhee picked EXACTLY the players in EXACTLY the formation that 95 per cent of NSC begged for. Yet no doubt it is EXACTLY these same people who slag him off now.

People slag him off regardless, percisely as you say, to "blame someone". But that is often regardless of logic, reason, or any kind of fairness to him.

You really are a clown. People shouting opinions has happened since the game was born. It happens, always will, doesn't make it right granted but emotions run high. Peoples differing opinions are valid and the club and management should be aware.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
34064 Fighter Command said:
Shut up !

I'm entitled to my opinion, and in my opinion, ANYONE who had a go at McGhee should be taking a long hard look at themselves in the mirror, and asking if it does anything to help.

Yes but your opinion is rediculous. Do you remember LLoyd? Do you remember the pitiful displays under him? Were you at bath when we lost 4-0 to Bristol Rovers in the most inept display I have ever seen from a Brighton side? This is the barry LLoyd that played Richard Tiltman in front of Dean saunders. he wouldn't play Gotsmanov for 5 games because he didnt think he was good enough and then turned out to be one of the best players to put on a Brighton shirt...ever.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
sheebo said:
see where i disagree with u is that hes MEANT to be a PROFFESIONAL yeh - we are PAYING to be there - he is meant to keep proffesional as hes being payed alot of money to be there - surely u see that?

also how can anyone support him? is 5 wins in 50 good enough for us? no. clearly its SHocKinG! also coppell and adams had exactly the same resources so he hasnt a leg to stand on

You seem to know a lot about the resources. As you already an expert on tactics and the players I am surprised you are not already a manager.

No-one is happy - but you need to be a bit mature in how you express it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And Percy Tantrums said there was a caller after Chelsea got knocked out of the Champions League saying Mourinho should go.

In E block the sme people who are slagging off McGhee are the same ones who were slagging off Adams, Hinshelwood, Coppell, Taylor and Uncle Tom Cobbley.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dick Knights Mum said:
And Percy Tantrums said there was a caller after Chelsea got knocked out of the Champions League saying Mourinho should go.

In E block the sme people who are slagging off McGhee are the same ones who were slagging off Adams, Hinshelwood, Coppell, Taylor and Uncle Tom Cobbley.

come and sit with me in H block...we love everyone:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
sheebo said:
coppell and adams had exactly the same resources so he hasnt a leg to stand on

Rubbish.

Coppell still ended up taking us down from this level, although I appreciate that wasn't all his fault, and Adams managed us for a dozen games at League 1 level as well, so no comparison.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
sheebo said:
see where i disagree with u is that hes MEANT to be a PROFFESIONAL yeh - we are PAYING to be there - he is meant to keep proffesional as hes being payed alot of money to be there - surely u see that?

also how can anyone support him? is 5 wins in 50 good enough for us? no. clearly its SHocKinG! also coppell and adams had exactly the same resources so he hasnt a leg to stand on

Professional doesn't mean you have to take shit in that particular circumstance. The bloke got out of his seat and then proceeded to vent whilst standing behind the dugout. He should be thankful to McGhee because at one point the stewards were going to bin him. Sitting in your seat giving shit is one thing, going down to the dugout is another. You don't pay to stand behind the dugout yelling abuse (it's actually a criminal offense), now can you see that? It's not big and it's most certainly not clever.

..... and why did you think Adams and Coppell left? both worked out that scrapping it out at the bottom of the championship was the best that they could hope for ....

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Dies Irae said:
Yes but your opinion is rediculous. Do you remember LLoyd? Do you remember the pitiful displays under him? Were you at bath when we lost 4-0 to Bristol Rovers in the most inept display I have ever seen from a Brighton side? This is the barry LLoyd that played Richard Tiltman in front of Dean saunders. he wouldn't play Gotsmanov for 5 games because he didnt think he was good enough and then turned out to be one of the best players to put on a Brighton shirt...ever.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To respond to your specific point, well done Dave, you got rid of Lloyd, but what good did it do. Did it get us promoted ? No. Did it get us a better manager ? Brady, maybe on paper, but in practice, No. Case definitely No. Did it stop us getting further relegations ? No.

I'm not discussing Lloyds managerial talents here, I'm discussing the way fans constantly undermine this manager. It's poisonous, and won't help team morale.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
To respond to your specific point, well done Dave, you got rid of Lloyd, but what good did it do. Did it get us promoted ? No. Did it get us a better manager ? Brady, maybe on paper, but in practice, No. Case definitely No. Did it stop us getting further relegations ? No.

I'm not discussing Lloyds managerial talents here, I'm discussing the way fans constantly undermine this manager. It's poisonous, and won't help team morale.
#

So you dont think the fans were right to undermind hinsh snr?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Different set of circumstances with Lloyd. The club was far more used to being near the top of the old Div 2 (what we are in now), and nobody knew what was going on with the future of the place.

Everybody is a lot clearer this time, but it still doesn't seem good enough.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:

McGhee picked EXACTLY the players in EXACTLY the formation that 95 per cent of NSC begged for. Yet no doubt it is EXACTLY these same people who slag him off now.

I actually take my hat off to Magoo for starting with the same side.

Im not going to slag him off for the saints match because its one game. But I will slag him off for his 5 wins in 50 games or whatever where he has got it wrong time and time and time again.

Unfortunately at the end of the day when all said and done (insert your own cliche) a manager is judged on his results.

Last edited:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Hinshelwood Snr isn't really cut out to be a football manager, but I don't recall anyone giving him this kind of grief, because no-one knew what he was capable of ( or in his case NOT capable of ). I think he is too close ( like Bob Booker ) to the players to give them a bollocking when they need it, or to tell players they're going on the transfer list.

We all know McGhee can get a team playing better than this, but don't you think he's already aware of that himself. I doubt he needs a few thousand home fans reminding him of it. What he does need is a decent transfer budget, something we've never given him ( I'm talking decent by the standards of this division ).

Anyway, I am going to do some more work now. I shall check up on this thread later. I look forward to more of your put downs.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

yes but young man, that is the nature of football and the fans.

As I said about CKR, footballers and managers get a chance to do what 99.999% of us would give our grannies to do, that is get paid extremely well for doing something we love and have a God given talent at . ( that sounds wrong but you know what I mean)

If you do not perform at work, you will be told so at your appraisal, or by your peers, at football you get told when things go wrong at a game by the crowd and the press...that is life.

If MM, barry LLoyd, jimmy Melia or whoever is not performing then they will soon know about it by the peopel who ultimately pay their wages.

Its as simple as that.

( BTW I flatter myself to think it was not only me who had LLoyd replaced)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dies Irae said:
yes but young man, that is the nature of football and the fans.

As I said about CKR, footballers and managers get a chance to do what 99.999% of us would give our grannies to do, that is get paid extremely well for doing something we love and have a God given talent at . ( that sounds wrong but you know what I mean)

If you do not perform at work, you will be told so at your appraisal, or by your peers, at football you get told when things go wrong at a game by the crowd and the press...that is life.

If MM, barry LLoyd, jimmy Melia or whoever is not performing then they will soon know about it by the peopel who ultimately pay their wages.

Its as simple as that.

( BTW I flatter myself to think it was not only me who had LLoyd replaced)

Yes ...... and no. Like a lot of things it's not so much what you do as how you do it. Giving MM crap from your seat is one thing, doing it from behind the dugout is another. If your're not up to it at work your boss will politely inform you of this, as might your colleagues. However if some called you (on a number of aoccasions)a useless c**t you might want to discuss it in more detail .... in the carpark.

Jimmy melia was a clown ... FACT .. he had the white shoes, the silly hair (or lack of it) and the red nose.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Deportivo Seagull said:

Jimmy melia was a clown ... FACT .. he had the white shoes, the silly hair (or lack of it) and the red nose.

who will go down in history as the only manager ever to give us world recognised sucess....for 120 minutes, the world knew Brighton and Hove Albion and no doubt leapt in the air when Garry Stevens scored. That is his legacy.....clown or not!

I would venture to say that nothing in my lifetime of watching Brighton and Hove Albion will match that day in May 1983 and nothing will again.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dies Irae said:
who will go down in history as the only manager ever to give us world recognised sucess....for 120 minutes, the world knew Brighton and Hove Albion and no doubt leapt in the air when Garry Stevens scored. That is his legacy.....clown or not!

I would venture to say that nothing in my lifetime of watching Brighton and Hove Albion will match that day in May 1983 and nothing will again.

Proof if needed that every dog or in this case Clown will have their day,
Whilst you were enjoying the delights of Wembley I spent the afternoon working on a Sea king helicopter with a manu fan who happen to out rank me, and who slapped me round the head everytime we scored ..... it was worth it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i tell you what NSC really has does attract some completely opinionated muppets who think everything they say has to be right and they can call peoplesa opinions rubbish and not back it up at all. McGhee has clearly done shit - results arent good enough that's a fact surely?

i cant see how anyone can defend him?

but as i said it is mostly opinions so i think ill leave this once good website for a while cos some GOONS wind me up! sorry but i dont see the logic in this - everyone has such different opinions and these debates are getting rather boring..

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Funny that Gifton said he couldn't believe how strong team spirit was in view of the position the team was in isn't it? No team spirit, hmmm?

Fair enough - but have you ever heard a recently signed player at any club say:

"This is the worst set of lads I've ever seen, team spirit is shit and the manager is a bell-end"

No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here