Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Does Mm Get Embroiled In Slanging Match With Fans?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
The Large One said:
I only say 'numpty' because he was pointing out the obvious, not as to whether he had the right to moan (which of course he does) or whether he was right.

All McGhee did was turn round to him, cup his ear and say 'what?' There was no more, and that was it - all done.

If it was just him saying "what" there wouldnt be a problem - i was down there when he was shouting at a fan, and he said a hell of a lot more than that!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
:nono: He didn't let rip at him.

If it was just him saying "what" there wouldnt be a problem - i was down there when he was shouting at a fan, and he said a hell of a lot more than that!

cleary he didnt....

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Funny that Gifton said he couldn't believe how strong team spirit was in view of the position the team was in isn't it? No team spirit, hmmm?

He isn't exactly going to say there is no team spirit is he :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Kinky Gerbils said:

cleary he didnt....

Did you read the bit where i said i was there?! Why would i lie about these things?

Tubthumper said:
It is not double standards. It is about a manager rising above the supporters, as he should. Amongst other things, he is paid to manage and lead the team. He cannot possibly do this whilst he is embroiled in petty arguments with supporters during a match. It is embarassing to see your manager bickering about players with supporters. And as each week now passes it is becoming more and more apparent that the playing staff discipline issues are more to do with his hothead character than the individuals involved.

On the playing side of things it is chaos off the pitch and chaos on the pitch. Everything which has been built up over the past 6 or so years has been destroyed under McGhee. Team spirit is non-exhistent, there is no shape or pattern to our play, set pieces seem to be taken by whoever is closest to the ball, discipline is an issue.

For this he has to go.
And don't forget, he's reduced training to once a week! :ohmy:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
ben andrews' girlfriend said:

You two are talking about two different occasions. You're talking about at the end of the game. The 'what' comment was when some guy stood up long before the end to criticse dropping Kuipers.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
You think it's OK for idiots to come down on to the running track and distract the attention of the manager during the course of the game? I hope this area is better stewarded next time.

It's ridiculous double standards for you to defend those who in their anger and passion give out shit to McGhee, yet in the next breath criticise McGhee for doing exactly the same.

So you want those with a different opinion to you to be controlled and stopped from expressing that.

At least you are consistent.

Jim D said:
I can't understand why the stewards don't move people on if they're standing about behind the dugouts. Surely this in itself represents a security threat for both teams. If they also abuse or threaten the players, management or officials then there are laws against that too. Perhaps we need to issue a warning against this sort of behaviour during the match and then eject those that knowingly offend.

I fully expect Knight and Perry will have this sorted next time. To be fair, who could have anticipated that the behaviour of a tiny minority of our so-called fans would make such precautions necessary. Very sad :nono:

saafend_seagull said:
He isn't exactly going to say there is no team spirit is he :lolol:

No, he wouldn't. But he wouldn't go out of his way to say how great the team spirit was now, would he?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
I fully expect Knight and Perry will have this sorted next time. To be fair, who could have anticipated that the behaviour of a tiny minority of our so-called fans would make such precautions necessary. Very sad :nono:

Along with the minority of fans booing at the end - :lolol:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Kinky Gerbils said:
shows an insight to the really mcghee, has to have things his own way and if anyone dares question him he lets rip at them.

So that makes him the same as Adams and Coppell then? I've seen both of them do the same.

Uncle Buck said:
So you want those with a different opinion to you to be controlled and stopped from expressing that.

At least you are consistent.

Yes, I want louts on the running track shouting, swearing and abusing McGhee during the course of the match moved on.

If you think that is legitimate dissent, then you have absolutely no standards of behaviour whatsover.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
London Irish said:
Yes, I want louts on the running track shouting, swearing and abusing McGhee during the course of the match moved on.

If you think that is legitimate dissent, then you have absolutely no standards of behaviour whatsover.

They pay there well earned money to watch us play, if they don't like what they see then you'll expect them to have a say at the manager.

Right or Wrong LI?

brightonfan_86 said:
They pay there well earned money to watch us play, if they don't like what they see then you'll expect them to have a say at the manager.

Right or Wrong LI?

Kev, do you think it is "right" that fans charge down out of their seats, get close to the dug-out and then start abusing McGhee during the course of the game?

Don't tell me NSC's McGhee critics are going to plumb the utter depths on here and defend this behaviour as legitimate? :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
London Irish said:
Kev, do you think it is "right" that fans charge down out of their seats, get close to the dug-out and then start abusing McGhee during the course of the game?

Don't tell me NSC's McGhee critics are going to plumb the utter depths on here and defend this behaviour as legitimate? :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Well can you blame them? they pay money to see shit like that yesterday, what do you expect them to do? just sit there?

I don't think it is right to do that, but they have opinion.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good word, Embroiled. :)

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Dick Knights Mum said:
That wanker with fatboy who was behind the home dogout is an attention-seeking plonker of the highest order.

FACT.

All those little geeks behind the dugout are "plonkers" I had the right hump with people at the ground yesterday, i had the hump with poeple at millwall, and at QPR this season. A common theme amongst the "plonkers" is that they are all known "NSC'ers"and they are all little nerds with some bizarre feeling of importance. Stop starting pathetic f***ing songs, stop thinking you are some kind of super fan and stop thinking that posting on an internet message board makes you cool

rant over.Sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here