Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does life with a woman have to be so difficult

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When a woman starts to act irrational, as long as you know that it really isn't your fault, walk away. By doing this she can have a chance to think about the madness and it give the message that you are not prepared to put up with that kind of nonsense. When you return and are back on speaking terms explain why you walked away and why you think she was acting irrationaly. If she interrupts you just tell her that you can't talk to her when she is acting like that. Eventually she will get your point.

It is the only way to get your point across (note: this only works if you have a point).

Ultimately though, only the pair of you can decide if it is worth the hassle or better to break up.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The trouble with arguing or even debating something with a women is men need logic, truth and sense to be the conclusion to an argument. Women need confusion, convolution and contrivance. Basically they will baffle you with lies and illogical reasoning.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The trouble with arguing or even debating something with a women is men need logic, truth and sense to be the conclusion to an argument. Women need confusion, convolution and contrivance. Basically they will baffle you with lies and illogical reasoning.

Agreed, but you have to make a logical decision as to whether it is just natural female behaviour or is it mental behaviour? If they are acting illogically it is even more reason for the man to be logical and rational.

I always think that when a couple are locked into this type of behaviour it may just be that it is the wrong relationship for both of you.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Agreed, but you have to make a logical decision as to whether it is just natural female behaviour or is it mental behaviour? If they are acting illogically it is even more reason for the man to be logical and rational.

I always think that when a couple are locked into this type of behaviour it may just be that it is the wrong relationship for both of you.

I once caught a girlfriend of mine cheating on me and she said that it was my fault because I happened to stumble across her and her housemate getting off with each other. How the feck can you have anything approaching a logical argument with someone like that?

Still I know what you mean when you say it's probably best to leave the relationship when the illogical is outweighing and causing problems to the logical.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Bollocks! :lol: Biggest load of elephant poop I've ever heard... :lol::laugh: Not sure who you've been dating but are you sure she wasn't a drama student?

It true I tell you. A woman's approach to an argument is to confuse the man with irrational arguments and constantly changing tact, make the whole thing more complicated by bringing random elements and behaviour into it and to generally argue why things he did mean something else and why what she has done was perfectly reasonable even though to any sane person this would be the other way round.

A baffled man is easily confused into thinking was is up is down and that's what women need.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are one of those unique smug bastard couples who never argue.....seriously in 25 years of marriage, we have only ever had one falling out ( which was my fault anyway) and to be honest it was all over in 5 minutes.

I think that its all about give and take. I dont see the point in trying to deliberately antagonise someone just to provoke a reaction...life is too short.

I also think that doing things together as well as having things to do on your own ie with me its football and choir, and her yoga and stuff like that is preferable than being in each others pockets.

I also think the sooner you learn to pick up the signals, the easier it becomes

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I love women but they do tend to over-react and read too much into a situation. Illogical double standards often arise and given that they are unlikely to change the only question that can be logically asked is do you like them enough to continue with that particular relationship or is it all more trouble than it's worth?

A lot of this occurs due to boredom and lack of communication which once resolved usually stops the pattern of bickering.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I am a bit f***ed as intellectually I am a fairly logical person but emotionally (in relation to women) I am fairly irrational. Thus in relationships I am constantly trying to look for the logical while someone who I am emotionally involved with is behaving illogically. Thus I become very confused.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think it is all about finding the right person and it will slot into place.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think we are generally f***ed by our core behavioural patterns and neurosis. Sure some can find someone who does complement you perfectly but that is random luck. Also some people are more disposed to the lifestyle that having a partner entails.

I have had girlfriends and female friends who should on paper have been perfect for me but I have a tendancy to become fascinated with girls who are emotionally troubled. I don't want to be like that but it is the way I am and unfortunately it doesn't make for particularly comfortable and pleasent relationships.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think we are generally f***ed by our core behavioural patterns and neurosis. Sure some can find someone who does complement you perfectly but that is random luck. Also some people are more disposed to the lifestyle that having a partner entails.

Luck plays a big part!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It true I tell you. A woman's approach to an argument is to confuse the man with irrational arguments and constantly changing tact, make the whole thing more complicated by bringing random elements and behaviour into it and to generally argue why things he did mean something else and why what she has done was perfectly reasonable even though to any sane person this would be the other way round.

A baffled man is easily confused into thinking was is up is down and that's what women need.

Blimey - I'm not your average woman then - I can't for the life of me ever setting out to deliberately confuse someone with an irrational argument! Infact I despise irrational behaviour !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The people that I know who enjoy very happy relationships are the ones who don't analyse it all too much and just get on with enjoying each other. Nothing is as unsexy as tearing a relationship to bits and analysing every action/reaction/utterance/emotione etc.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Blimey - I'm not your average woman then - I can't for the life of me ever setting out to deliberately confuse someone with an irrational argument! Infact I despise irrational behaviour !

It is not premeditated, women do it by instinct. It is in their genetic makeup.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The people that I know who enjoy very happy relationships are the ones who don't analyse it all too much and just get on with enjoying each other. Nothing is as unsexy as tearing a relationship to bits and analysing every action/reaction/utterance/emotione etc.

But what if you can't help doing the latter. I really don't want to but I just can't help it. you are very right though, behaving like that just makes things so much worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here