Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone tear Micky Adams to shreds and completely ignore the players?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
What the f*** are you on about?

He's not been asked to build a cathedral. He's been asked to put the finishing touches on one - and instead of doing that, he's dismantled it and built a cardboard box instead.

Pathetic.

It doesn't changed the fact that Adams has made a squad that was finally going places VASTLY worse!

Finishing touches? A team finally going places? Ridiculous.

Yes we finished 7th but we certainly weren't a team going places. The squad we had last season was weak, so to say all Adams had to do was put the finishing touches on is absurd, we needed many players last season and we still do.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Yes we finished 7th but we certainly weren't a team going places. The squad we had last season was weak, so to say all Adams had to do was put the finishing touches on is absurd, we needed many players last season and we still do.

We had a solid base, of which most are still with us this year. That base was quite young, and we needed to add experience to it. Adams in theory did, but the players have been injured (Hawkins, Livermore and McLeod)

I think it WAS more of a case of finishing touches than a complete rebuild. Now that solid base has lost its confidence, more of a rebuild is needed more than finishing touches.

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009
All they do in training is 11 a sides and running. They are not organised, there is no plan for what they are supposed to be doing, it's shit. It's just f***ing shit. Those players are trying, even lardo McLeod was trying tonight. It's not their fault, not remotely.

True

The squad last year had holes in it, that Wilkins plugged with loan signings; Richards at LB, Racon in CM and Westlake LM. However it was a squad that finished 7th. The squad in itself wasn't weak, it just lacked a few players. MA was given money to fix this; and he did address our problem areas; Richards returned on loan, Livermore arrived to play CM, and McLeod to play LM. The problem is they haven't generally worked out.

If we were currently mid-table (say down to about 16th) I woudn't complain too much. However we're not. We're out of the relegation zone on goal difference. He's taken a large portion of the squad that finished 7th (and I think anyone would be hard-pushed to argue we've lost our best players, with the exception of the loan signings) and we're now 20th.

I accept that some people on here are probably going OTT, but it's only because they care and they are annoyed. MA has got to take most of the responsibility for this; he is the manager, he is here to manage the football club, and so far all he's managed to do is make us underperform. I don't understand those that are criticising Knight, although I think they will have a case if he doesn't act soon to do something to arrest this slide we're in. And of course the players have to take a large portion of the blame; but generally we know they aren't bad players, so something else must be going wrong.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
We had a solid base, of which most are still with us this year. That base was quite young, and we needed to add experience to it. Adams in theory did, but the players have been injured (Hawkins, Livermore and McLeod)

I think it WAS more of a case of finishing touches than a complete rebuild. Now that solid base has lost its confidence, more of a rebuild is needed more than finishing touches.

And who is was this solid base? Fraser, El-Abd, Cox, Whing, Thomson? I certainly wouldn't call this a solid base.

Out of the players in the squad that are, in my opinion, any good and worth keeping are Kuipers, Sullivan, Hawkins, Hinshelwood, Elphick, McLeod, Livermore, Murray, Forster, maybe Virgo. Build the team around these players and then we can go somewhere.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
And who is was this solid base? Fraser, El-Abd, Cox, Whing, Thomson? I certainly wouldn't call this a solid base.

Out of the players in the squad that are, in my opinion, any good and worth keeping are Kuipers, Sullivan, Hawkins, Hinshelwood, Elphick, McLeod, Livermore, Murray, Forster, maybe Virgo. Build the team around these players and then we can go somewhere.

I probably should have said solid core instead of base, Kuipers, Whing, Elphick, Forster, Murray. When Hammond left, our solid core of the midfield went with it.

Agree with you on the worth keeping list apart from Hawkins obviously :D, Micky would be an idiot to mess with the Elphick/Hinshlewood parntership as that has plugged the goals immensly since it has come together.

Put Livermore infront of those two in the middle of midfield with a creative player (possibly Birchall) and then we need a decent right winger to provide Forster and Murray

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
realised that last season we were a poor outfit who got by on some valuable contributions from loan players who supplied Forster and Murray well.
exactly wilkins made some good signings ! adams has bought approx 15 players into the club and has 1 of them been a success?

mcleod - waste of space how the hell he justifys his place in the team is a joke
hawkins - how he got in the team ahead of joel i dont know
livermore -maybe yet to see the best of him
virgo - probably the nearest to a success when he is not played on the right wing
hart and mayo - should have seen the warning signs when he bought these 2 back
richards - gets skinned far to easily
savage - enough said
anyinsah - why the f*** did he not play him more?
thornton - see anyinsah
johnson - did ok,great one week and anonymous the next
fleetwood - done ok in flashes
burchill - our big free agent transfer window signing who coudnt get inthat team last nite
compton - did anyone see him?

sure i must have missed someone out

All this crap about what do you expect it is leeds united !!!!!! well carlisle,huddersfield,colchester,tranmere,rotherham and histon have beat them lately but we our expectations aren't in line with histons then?

ok the players could and should have done better but the buck stops with micky and those 2 clowns he has on the bench with him time for all 3 of them to go !!!!!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
mcleod - waste of space how the hell he justifys his place in the team is a joke
hawkins - how he got in the team ahead of joel i dont know
livermore -maybe yet to see the best of him
virgo - probably the nearest to a success when he is not played on the right wing
hart and mayo - should have seen the warning signs when he bought these 2 back
richards - gets skinned far to easily
savage - enough said
anyinsah - why the f*** did he not play him more?
thornton - see anyinsah
johnson - did ok,great one week and anonymous the next
fleetwood - done ok in flashes
burchill - our big free agent transfer window signing who coudnt get inthat team last nite
compton - did anyone see him?

sure i must have missed someone out

But he still needs time to build his own squad :jester:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The biggest difference between watching us this season and last is the lack of movement.

I have not seen a lot of games this season - but this stood out to me last night. There was little movement in front of defenders bringing the ball out, or from midfield coming forward. Maybe it is the difference between a confident and a non-confident team. They did not seem to be running for each other that is for sure.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The difference between this year and last year for me is that the squad last year seemed to be settled with the addition of 2 or 3 loan players

This year the whole squad has been completely disorganised. It's anyones guess who's going to be playing in midfield for the next 5 games and for a team who is meant to be pushing for the play offs is a joke. Any person with a half decent footballing brain will tell you that you need a settled and balanced team, but we've not got that this year.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
exactly wilkins made some good signings ! adams has bought approx 15 players into the club and has 1 of them been a success?

mcleod - waste of space how the hell he justifys his place in the team is a joke - Not a waste of space at all, was very good at the start of the season, got injured and now looks unfit. Worth keeping

hawkins - how he got in the team ahead of joel i dont know - Also good at the start of the season, and very much justified his place until he got injured and brought back too early, thus tarnishing people's perception of him

livermore -maybe yet to see the best of him - Looks a good player of what we've seen of him

virgo - probably the nearest to a success when he is not played on the right wing - You said it yourself

hart and mayo - should have seen the warning signs when he bought these 2 back The only two I can agree with you on.

richards - gets skinned far to easily Beloved Wilkins first picked him up, did you rate him last year then? I never thought Adams would like him, we don't have a LB and only gave him 6 months

savage - enough said - The fact he can attract and bring someone in of that name says enough in itself, unfortunate it didn't work out

anyinsah - why the f*** did he not play him more? - Don't understand your point? He started at least 10 games!

thornton - see anyinsah Was unfit and tried to play him as many times as he could

johnson - did ok,great one week and anonymous the next - Championship clubs looking at him, managed to attract from league one rivals, looked good at times

fleetwood - done ok in flashes - With the crap midfield we have how can we judge fully

burchill - our big free agent transfer window signing who coudnt get inthat eam last nite - Very unfit

compton - did anyone see him? - Not even listed as a player

So what exactly is your point? Of all of these, only two in Hart and Mayo were stupid decisions, all of the others, as far as I can see, are justified.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
This year the whole squad has been completely disorganised. It's anyones guess who's going to be playing in midfield for the next 5 games and for a team who is meant to be pushing for the play offs is a joke. Any person with a half decent footballing brain will tell you that you need a settled and balanced team, but we've not got that this year.

Although - at the start of the season - when you looked at our potential team for the season it looked like it should be a successful season. I had the team from:

Kuipers

Whing / Elphick / Lynch / El Abd / Hawkins / Virgo

McLoed / Thomson / Livermore / Cox

Murray / Forster / Robinson

The weakness was in midfield - and so it proved. A few injuries and we have been stuffed. But had the above players been the core of the team - it should have been both balanced and settled.

So what exactly is your point? Of all of these, only two in Hart and Mayo were stupid decisions, all of the others, as far as I can see, are justified.

The signings are justified in your opinion but I think Saltash's point is whether any of the 15 have, to date, been a success. That is something different and on balance I concur with his view.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

the signing were all justified as they were players coming into plug gaps in the side - except maybe with the exception of hawkins and virgo, as we had a plethora of decent centre backs last season, lynch and elphick were a solid partnership, el abd was good back up and hinshelwood to come back

the point is, have any of them actually come in and improved the side? i dont think they have, and livermore looks like the only one who could do. that is if adams ever decides to give him a run in his natural position of central midfield

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
These guys are getting paid well to be absolute f***ing dog turd, and for me they get away with it completely. Ok, Micky's making mistakes, but all the abuse, insults, and bile thrown in his direction would be far better served if it was aimed at the cretins who can actually do something to change this. I defy any manager in the world to get results with a midfield of Cox - El Abd - Fraser - McLeod. Quite simply, that's the worst midfield I've ever seen. If anyone thinks a new manager will miraculously turn these sort of players into league one footballers then they're living in a dream world. These guys are talentless, completely f***ing talentless, yet will you hear one word against them? No, not really.

Sorry, but for me the easy and narrow-minded answer is just to blame the manager every time, and to change him every year. The tougher and more productive route would be to completely clear out the tossers on the pitch(and by that I mean virtually EVERYONE). They are the ones really embarrassing us right now, and to finally say enough is enough is the only way we'll get out of this.

I must admit I agree mate, although I am slowly starting to lose faith in adams...The player MUST take a bulk of the rubbish that is being served up.

I said the same myself the other day, I was at the leeds game and stood near the dugout for the last 5 mins of the match and people walked past swearing, slating and being vile towards adams...to which I replied back to anyone who breathed out this trash.."Is Adams wearing a blue & white shirt, he's not on the pitch"

Adams does have a big part to play but so do the players....and for the people who say that adams has the same squad as last term is wrong.Hammond,O'Callaghan,Bas Savage & a sharper nicky forster all made a big difference. Time is no doubt running out for Adams but people who are so blinded by it just being him are wrong.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hammond,O'Callaghan,Bas Savage

and who is responsible for none of those players being here - the man who appointed adams in the first place

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
and who is responsible for none of those players being here - the man who appointed adams in the first place

I dont know who is responsible, a number of things im sure. maybe a crap staduim, crap fans, a poor wage structure, maybe none of them liked wilkins, I dont know the answer do you?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This problem is all to common and the manager will always get the stick,but this problem seems to be far deeper at this club as we always struggle to get the right players and its clear we are obsessed with loyalty rather than quality:glare:

It is mickeys job to perk the players up,but you have to ask why the passion and quality can dissapear so quickly???
Most of our squad needs to be shown the door..

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Wilkins first picked him up, did you rate him last year then? I never thought Adams would like him, we don't have a LB and only gave him 6 months

Yes and that is my point. Every player has looked worse this season under Adams. I certainly rated Richards more last season than this season...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here