Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone tear Micky Adams to shreds and completely ignore the players?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Why do people blame the manager?

He signs the players,
he trains the players,
he picks the team,
he organises the team,
he sets the tactics,
he picks Hawk when clearly injured,
he plays Murray when he knew he was unfit,
he plays Virgo on the wing,
he plays Virgo in midfield,
he dismantles a promising team that finished 7th,
he ignores the home grown players in favour of anyone he can get on loan,
he choses to defend leads at home against poor sides (sometimes with 10 men)
he cannot appreciate we need to pass and move rather than hit long balls when against 9 men,
he thinks the under-performing players "need a cuddle"
he sounds like we should have expected to lose at home to mid-table teams with famous names,
he still needs the left back, creative midfielder and forward cover that we needed 8 months ago,
he leaves our most creative player (a loanee) on the bench when we are crying out for him,

is that enough reasons?

:clap::clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

He signs the players,
he trains the players,
he picks the team,
he organises the team,
he sets the tactics,
he cannot appreciate we need to pass and move rather than hit long balls when against 9 men,
he sounds like we should have expected to lose at home to mid-table teams with famous names,
he still needs the left back, creative midfielder and forward cover that we needed 8 months ago,
he leaves our most creative player (a loanee) on the bench when we are crying out for him,

is that enough reasons?

spot on

yes, its bloody obvious the players arent good enough. but the fact of the matter is they are being lead by a manager who quite clearly isnt good enough, and doesnt have a f***ing clue what he is doing. the amount of mistakes he has made this season and things that he has done that have f***ed people off is ridiculous

shit players being lead by a shit manager is a recipe for disaster - and that is EXACTLY what we have at the minute

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

He signs the players,
he trains the players,
he picks the team,
he organises the team,
he sets the tactics,

is that enough reasons?

exactly, and many many more reasons

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Absolutely spot on. At the moment Micky is the football equivalent of a builder who has been asked to build a cathedral using three bricks and a packet of chewing gum.

I have seen some albion teams look tactically lost in my time, but I wouldn't drastically say this is one. Of the entire defence and midfield, there isn't a single player with skill, a good first touch, or a creative spark. As I said before, anyone who thinks a new manager will get more out of these players is in a dream, and if anyone is going to get new players in with two weeks of the transfer window to go it's Micky Adams.

What the f*** are you on about?

He's not been asked to build a cathedral. He's been asked to put the finishing touches on one - and instead of doing that, he's dismantled it and built a cardboard box instead.

Pathetic.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The biggest difference between watching us this season and last is the lack of movement. Last season, although we would often pass it around fairly aimlessly, there seemed to be a lot of players switching positions and giving the ball to someone else then moving. Now we just seem to stay where we are, the full backs rarely seem to overlap, no midfielders get forward when the strikers go out wide they all just stay where they are. This clearly is down to a lack of coaching and Micky consistently playing two defensive midfielders. Wilkins at least seemed to have a plan on how to break teams down. The other major difference I have noticed is that we rarely switch the play from one side to the other. This was a real feature of our play last season, changing the point of attack quickly opens up space. This season if we switch play it goes to the full back then to a centre back then another centre back then finally after about a week it reaches the other side. After all this fannying around the opposition has had time to adjust. My final point is that no matter how bad Wilkins' diamond formation was it at least was some sort of plan B we don't even have a plan A now.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
At the moment Micky is the football equivalent of a builder who has been asked to build a cathedral using three bricks and a packet of chewing gum.

:lolol: Very good.

Hard to believe that some people haven't spotted you are on a wind-up.

You ARE on a wind-up aren't you?
*calls the nurse anyway, just in case*

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Haha you comedian. "Finishing touches"?? Finishing touches to what? The squad that you slated at every opportunity last season and were probably the biggest critic of the manager at the time? By all means criticise Adams as is your right, but don't claim he's destroyed some world-beating squad because 6 months ago you were criticising that too.

World beating squad? Nah.

Squad that finished 7th? Yep.

Squad that comfortably avoided relegation? Yep.

Squad capable of defending leads? Yep.

Squad capable of winning at home?

Midfielders capable of giving the strikers service? Yep.

Just because I said we were shit last year, it doesn't changed the fact that Adams has made a squad that was finally going places VASTLY worse!

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I know that things are complete & utter crap, but they were not exactly brilliant last season. I used to dread going to Withdean to watch the excruciating boredom served up by a team managed by our most tactically inept manager in living memory. I still can't forgive Wilkins for our magnificent cup run last year & for replacing Hammond with the most annonymous player ever to wear the stripes.

I'll be there next season, even if we are relegated. The biggest error that Knight made was to gleefully accept Reading's offer of compensation for Coppell, rather than trying to hold onto him.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
All things you were deeply unhappy with at the time. I'm sure I don't need to revive old threads in order to prove just how anti-Wilkins and anti-certain players you were last season. You can't accept things don't happen instantly. If you get your wish and Micky goes then you'll be moaning at the next guy within weeks. At some point, somewhere along the line, you have to stop and give someone a long time to turn it around. Why not let that be now?

I am not going to support a manager simply because I disliked the previous one. If things were the same as last season I'd be giving him time.

But they're not. They're MUCH worse, and as time goes on, performances and results AREN'T improving. If it wasn't for this, I'd give him time, but he's turned a side that were improving into a side that's going DOWN, which is NOT good enough!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not so long ago people were saying £400K for the likes of Cox and Elphick was not enough and that they were the new generation that could lead us into the Championship. Now most posters on here reckon they're shit.

They're not shit, and we just need a manager who can get the best out of them. Elphick played well alongside Butters and Cox played well when he was allowed to roam in the hole behind the strikers.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Not so long ago people were saying £400K for the likes of Cox and Elphick was not enough and that they were the new generation that could lead us into the Championship. Now most posters on here reckon they're shit.

They're not shit, and we just need a manager who can get the best out of them. Elphick played well alongside Butters and Cox played well when he was allowed to roam in the hole behind the strikers.

Elphick is the one. He has played well this season but it hasn't been as consistent because of the uncertainty at the back. If we sold him for 400k i'd rip up my season ticket. The only reason he is still at this club is because of loyalty.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Just looking at yesterdays squad

Elphick, Virgo, Fraser all started the game carrying injuries.

Mayo, Livermore, McLeod, Robinson, Loft, Birchall have hardly featured this season and look unfit

Whing and El Abd playing out of position

Just leaves Forster and Sullivan fully fit playing where they should be. So maybe a 0-0 wasnt so bad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here