Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone tear Micky Adams to shreds and completely ignore the players?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't really agree.

Murray, Forster, Virgo, Elphick, Hinshelwood, Livermore, Sullivan/Kuipers are all good enough players to have us pushing for promotion.

Yes we needed Adams to bring in more quality but however much you slate the "talentless players" there is no doubt about it that the players are good enough to be top half.

Adams has got it wrong time and time again, substitition after substitution.

Our only two home league wins have come from substitutions forced upon Adams. Murray for Virgo early on against Millwall, and Thornton for Savage due to injury.

There is no balance or understanding to the team...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why do people blame the manager?

He signs the players,
he trains the players,
he picks the team,
he organises the team,
he sets the tactics,
he picks Hawk when clearly injured,
he plays Murray when he knew he was unfit,
he plays Virgo on the wing,
he plays Virgo in midfield,
he dismantles a promising team that finished 7th,
he ignores the home grown players in favour of anyone he can get on loan,
he choses to defend leads at home against poor sides (sometimes with 10 men)
he cannot appreciate we need to pass and move rather than hit long balls when against 9 men,
he thinks the under-performing players "need a cuddle"
he sounds like we should have expected to lose at home to mid-table teams with famous names,
he still needs the left back, creative midfielder and forward cover that we needed 8 months ago,
he leaves our most creative player (a loanee) on the bench when we are crying out for him,

is that enough reasons?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Isn't it clear what I mean?

I'm not going to praise a player because he's trying. That's taken for granted in my book. We need them to try, but they shouldn't be winning awards (or places in league one football teams) on the back of that alone.

How about a bit of acceptance from the albion faithful that there is no place in league football for a lot of our players, and that the manager cannot succeed if the tools he is given are mid-table league two players.

Personally, I disagree, I think we have a decent enough squad for this division - maybe not to get promoted, but to be comfortable, yes. The players are massively underachieving and it's not completely down to their ability or lack their of.

The buck stops (rightly) in only one place though and that's with the man in charge.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Isn't it clear what I mean?

I'm not going to praise a player because he's trying. That's taken for granted in my book. We need them to try, but they shouldn't be winning awards (or places in league one football teams) on the back of that alone.

How about a bit of acceptance from the albion faithful that there is no place in league football for a lot of our players, and that the manager cannot succeed if the tools he is given are mid-table league two players.

Well if the manager can not succeed with the tools he is given, he should do something about it. For example, get rid of players he doesn't think are good enough. If he thinks they are good enough and they don't do well, it is his fault. If he thinks they are not good enough and yet still plays them even during a transfer window, it is also his fault.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
All they do in training is 11 a sides and running. They are not organised, there is no plan for what they are supposed to be doing, it's shit. It's just f***ing shit. Those players are trying, even lardo McLeod was trying tonight. It's not their fault, not remotely.

No.No. They also practice for penalty shoot outs.Course,they miss penalties outside of penalty shoot outs but hey,who needs the points?They can't be doing enough stamina work because they only play for 40 minutes each half.Most of our current players are mediocre to average,so we should not expect silk purses from sows ears.

We just have to hope that there are 4 even worse teams,and for those who saw Yeovil the other night that IS possible.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Although we were f***ing dull last season, we picked up results.

This season, we've been SHITE, SHITE and SHITE again.

Adams should DO ONE.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
To be fair to him, he wasn't watching us at the end of last season (and even if he was he wouldn't have seen any of Fraser or El Abd). I can accept that having taken over a team in June, it may be possible to miss the fact your midfield is shit until you've played a few competitive games. And I do believe he realised very, very quickly. However, the loans have only plugged a gap. We need MASSIVE changes in midfield that are permanent. As I said, he's got two weeks or we're screwed and it's season over.
He watched us a number of times in the second half of last season, he also had tapes of every match at his disposal and three months including the entirety of preseason to assess the squad.

And he had two of his own signings, midfielders, on the bench tonight.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Why do people blame the manager?

He signs the players,
he trains the players,
he picks the team,
he organises the team,
he sets the tactics,
he picks Hawk when clearly injured,
he plays Murray when he knew he was unfit,
he plays Virgo on the wing,
he plays Virgo in midfield,
he dismantles a promising team that finished 7th,
he ignores the home grown players in favour of anyone he can get on loan,
he choses to defend leads at home against poor sides (sometimes with 10 men)
he cannot appreciate we need to pass and move rather than hit long balls when against 9 men,
he thinks the under-performing players "need a cuddle"
he sounds like we should have expected to lose at home to mid-table teams with famous names,
he still needs the left back, creative midfielder and forward cover that we needed 8 months ago,
he leaves our most creative player (a loanee) on the bench when we are crying out for him,

is that enough reasons?

Great Effort you've got a point you know :cool:

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Are you in a dream? Look at the team that started tonight. Bar Glenn, THAT'S our team. And you think there are players good enough to have us pushing for promotion? Midfield is central to every team in the land, and we have a conference standard one. Note you've only mentioned one midfielder, and he's been injured for 3 months. At the back we're a disaster waiting to happen. Elphick is a total donkey, Hinshelwood is average, Whing is erratic and we don't even have a left-back! Glenn is our jewel, but there is no back-up for him. We've got relegation players, not promotion pushing ones.

Your FLOGGING a dead horse here fella the management is totally resopnsible for the team actions and performances, ADAMS is the problem by generating poor morale amongst the team and making promising players a shadow of their former glories :mad:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Are you in a dream? Look at the team that started tonight. Bar Glenn, THAT'S our team. And you think there are players good enough to have us pushing for promotion? Midfield is central to every team in the land, and we have a conference standard one. Note you've only mentioned one midfielder, and he's been injured for 3 months. At the back we're a disaster waiting to happen. Elphick is a total donkey, Hinshelwood is average, Whing is erratic and we don't even have a left-back! Glenn is our jewel, but there is no back-up for him. We've got relegation players, not promotion pushing ones.

The team we have has not got enough quality but Wilkins did a fine job of grinding out results with it. He got Lynch/Elphick partnership together and managed to paint over the cracks which he should have been given time to correct.

How many players have gone downhill under Adams, debatably every single one barring Murray. That is no co-incidence.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
I bet the man in charge would f***ing LOVE to get rid of the shit at his disaposal and sign new players for big money, but it's not going to happen is it. It bloody well should though. You can't tell me we haven't signed anyone yet because Adams has decided he's happy with what he's got.

Well why are they still here then? In the paper today it would seem money is available. There are also loans available and free transfers. If our players are so bad it wouldn't take 'big money' for an improvement, surely?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Oh f*** off, this is the biggest load of shite you've ever written on here.

We were SHITE to watch last season but we still had a SOLID defence and picked up results with largely the same players as this season....except for those that Micky has replaced with his own shite. Fat twats like Hawkins, Virgo and McLeod, who've ruined us, along with his shite tactics, shite selections, and shite substitutios which have lead to shite results.

Adams = :tosser:

Last edited:

ADAMS is the problem by generating poor morale amongst the team and making promising players a shadow of their former glories :mad:
Does "poor morale" explain a consistent inability to place an accurate pass?

There was nothing wrong with the tactics tonight. It was footballing incompetence that meant we rarely completed a decent move.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does "poor morale" explain a consistent inability to place an accurate pass?

There was nothing wrong with the tactics tonight. It was footballing incompetence that meant we rarely completed a decent move.
What about the other 20 games where we've looked incompetent and clueless? It's not like we couldn't have guessed we'd be toilet in this match - we've got form on the matter.

Oh I forget, THICKY didn't realise he had to be competent at his job before the end of his first year in charge!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here