Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone keep bang on about how shit the atmosphere is?

you in block I then? I love the atmosphere. I also love when it all goes quiet and theres a few blokes in the row behing and me and a few right in the corner, and that guy 4 rows in front with glasses who shouts a lot, hes a riot. :D

The glasses bloke is quality

I and everyone else around me sings constantly, I really do think it's just the weird acoustics in the ground. For example during the Leeds game just prior to halftime, I could see them all arm waving but there was no sound coming from their end, as I walked down to the councourse to get a beer this huge roar of "Marching on together" hit me just as I reached ground level.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Took a Chelsea season ticket holder to the game with me on Tuesday. He told me he was jealous of our atmosphere, passion and range of chants and he wished the atmosphere was as good at Chelsea.

I've been to Arsenal and Chelsea games the last two seasons when mates have a spare ticket and I found the atmosphere in both grounds not a patch on the Amex. Lack of chants, lack of passion, lack of atmosphere.

We are very lucky.

Let's be honest the Palace fans weren't a patch on the Leeds fans. They didn't make much noise until the last ten minutes!

I agree the atmosphere is amazing I have been to Arsenal and the atmosphere was dead! I always have the hairs on my neck standing on end before kick off @ the amex! long may it continue

Pretty noisy in WSL block G...................think the atmos at the Amex is one of the best i've experienced in 25 years of going to games. As for Tuesday, it's a two way thing. Sometimes the crowd start it off, other times you need incidents on the pitch to kick start the crowd. Unfortunately the Albion didn't turn up for the second half and you could sense the apprehension...................hence it went quiet.

No harm in requesting EVERYONE get off their arses and sing, shout, scream...........it's your duty!

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
i am in west lower block c and the sound is tremendous only comment about palace game was maybe loads of fans were too caught up with the hate for palace that they didnt realy get behind our team when needed in the second half. we hate palace chants dosnt enspire our team as much as it does theirs. At one point most of the fans around me were standing looking at the palace fans while the play was up the other end. It has been great so far this season but when things dont go our way like the second half, we must be the 12th man and inspire the players. lets get behind the lads and make the Amex a place other teams fear to play at

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I've been going to home games since 1971 and I think for volume of noise, the Leeds game is the loudest I've ever heard it. It was rare at the Goldstone to get the whole ground singing together and even when it did the big open East Terrace was obviously not conducive to keeping the sound in.

A couple of comments:

- I sit in Upper West towards the north end and the west and north generally complement each other, often picking up the same song on cue. For example, with the 'St Pauli' song the WU will clap along with the rhythm and generally support the NSKers.

- It is easy to sing and be loud when we are doing well. The team need our support when they are not doing so well. This is the test of passionate support. A few of us tried to keep the GPB+WA song going in the 2nd half Tuesday but to no avail. The loudest ground I have EVER heard was at Leeds 1982 when we were 20 minutes away from sending them down and they were playing shit, the Leeds fans inspired them to turn it around (they subsequently went down at WBA in the final game). So rather than come on here and complain, SING WHEN WE'RE NOT WINNING!

PG

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We've probably been a bit hard on ourselves following Palacegate. By and large the ground is loud and the singing comes from all sides.

Having said that, I think we all need to put a real shift in against Hull and encourage those who don't normally sing to get the place absolutely rocking. It was deafening against Leeds but could be even louder if 10% more people are getting involved. We don't seem to do the simple "Seagulls" as much as we used to - at least everyone knows the words to that one!

Palacestevo

Sep 29, 2011
Took a Chelsea season ticket holder to the game with me on Tuesday. He told me he was jealous of our atmosphere, passion and range of chants and he wished the atmosphere was as good at Chelsea.

I've been to Arsenal and Chelsea games the last two seasons when mates have a spare ticket and I found the atmosphere in both grounds not a patch on the Amex. Lack of chants, lack of passion, lack of atmosphere.

We are very lucky.

Let's be honest the Palace fans weren't a patch on the Leeds fans. They didn't make much noise until the last ten minutes!

But how can Chelsea have less than 1 chant?
I thought the atmosphere was ok but was slightly disappointed on the complete lack of songs and chants coming from Brighton. Apart from "albion, albion.........", there wasn't much else.
You must have been watching adifferent game if you think Palace only made noise for the last 10minutes, or were you on the way home by then?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Until we learn to slow down when we are singing GOSBTS, we will never be able to create a real (singing) identity.

Even when the club play the song as the teams come out, we still go far too quick. It's f***ing ridiculous.

I've given up joining with GOSBTS now because it sounds so fuckingshitwhenwetryandrushthewordsoutsoquickly.

It's because you're an old b*stard you can't keep up with it Hiney!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Until we learn to slow down when we are singing GOSBTS, we will never be able to create a real (singing) identity.

Even when the club play the song as the teams come out, we still go far too quick. It's f***ing ridiculous.

I've given up joining with GOSBTS now because it sounds so fuckingshitwhenwetryandrushthewordsoutsoquickly.

I fear we are all facing a losing battle, it seems most of the north sing it fast and you can tell from the hand clapping in the WSU that lots do the same up there. Unfortunately not enough fans read NSC to make a difference. I just don't understand it myself - ok I can cope with not singing the correct words but its so sad we cannot sing OUR anthem at the right speed as it would sound fantastic with all three sides singing it together.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
But how can Chelsea have less than 1 chant?
I thought the atmosphere was ok but was slightly disappointed on the complete lack of songs and chants coming from Brighton. Apart from "albion, albion.........", there wasn't much else.
You must have been watching adifferent game if you think Palace only made noise for the last 10minutes, or were you on the way home by then?

If funny how a few palace fans have posted how great the atmosphere was - pink and red glasses on?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
H Block.

Right near the group of about 12 young lads (late teens) who start quite a few of the chants and one of them looks like Tommy Elphick.

Lol I know it, its awesome up there.

Big Cuddly Pandas.

Sep 30, 2011
I wondered this, and the only reason I can think of is that the majority of fans in the ground are Johnny Come Lately's, that only occasionally sing one song. You only have to look at YouTube footage to see that the JCL's have no idea what this game should mean to a true BHA fan. Leaving the ground at 1-1 with up to 10 mins to go?? Nobody on their feet egging 'their team' on to get it back??

Let's face it, any real fan would have stayed to the death and sung and cheered their heart out, which incidentally, is what happens at Palace, week in, week out.

Jokers...

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
From a friend who went, he said the atmosphere was pretty bad in general. Although the palace game was much better. However he has been to saints v pompey and said it didn't even come close to that, which isn't a suprise tbh. Our rivalry is pure hatred for another city, it's not even a football rivalry, it's more.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
From a friend who went, he said the atmosphere was pretty bad in general. Although the palace game was much better. However he has been to saints v pompey and said it didn't even come close to that, which isn't a suprise tbh. Our rivalry is pure hatred for another city, it's not even a football rivalry, it's more.

Small town near Portsmouth, you're just a..............

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm in H Block WSU as well and I think the atmosphere up there is rocking.

I do agree about singing too fast though. I was watching the Spurs/Shamrock match last night and it was noticeable that when the Spurs fans sang "When the Spurs go marching in..." it was taken really slowly and sounded much more effective that way.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
We've probably been a bit hard on ourselves following Palacegate. By and large the ground is loud and the singing comes from all sides.

Having said that, I think we all need to put a real shift in against Hull and encourage those who don't normally sing to get the place absolutely rocking. It was deafening against Leeds but could be even louder if 10% more people are getting involved. We don't seem to do the simple "Seagulls" as much as we used to - at least everyone knows the words to that one!
uue

Indeed, for the 1st time in 30+ years why isn't EVERYONE shouting 'Seagulls' at every corner won. It is our history and unique timing helps build teams momentum

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I sit in the South West corner, and although there are a few of us that join in, it seems from reading comments on here, that we are probably in the best position to judge. I say this because I can hear every stand from there, it must be the way the stadiums built. Somebody mentioned Leeds earlier in the thread, and when they sang marching on together, they were really loud and better than any song Palace sang. But back to us, from here the North stand sounds reasonably loud, the East has started making themselves heard. The West stand sounds magnificent, but that is because it is the largest stand and closer to me. I think the West lower are joining in more and more. As for the Palace fans on here talking shit, I overheard two guys both wearing Palace shirts, saying that they were impressed how "the weeds" were loud and the stadium was really nice, better than they expected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here